EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Jul 9, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #1,233 of 1,260
New SEM-9 gold edition... only for Asia...

Bling bling...:)

sem 9_2.jpg

sem 9_1.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #1,234 of 1,260
Wow, that's better than the original ones!

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #1,238 of 1,260
Why must they limit the gold edition to only asia, they look so good!

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #1,240 of 1,260
And why no universal S-EM10?!?!

Oh Earsonics...

I asked the question at canjam in reverse about the s-em9 and why it couldn’t be made custom. Apparently the way the 9 drivers and various canals are laid out make
custom builds impossible and this is why they made the em10, which conversely constructed in a way that prohibits a universal design. I love the muscality, bass, airiness and precision of the s-em9 especially with electronica, but the em10 has a completely different signature which from a 20 minute listen did nothing to urge me to extend the session. Much thicker in mids, less extended in highs and un remarkable bass, resolution and detail are fine...all quite nice but that’s about it and probably at the bottom of the list of everything I listened to at the london show. For context the top of my list was the ve erlkonig, a6t and EA Janus D cable which did incredible things to my s-em9 and a18t.

Sorry I wandered off topic a bit there, but you won’t find me petitioning for a universal
Em10 :)

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #1,242 of 1,260
@teknorob23 I appreciate your honest post - makes me satisfied sticking with the S-EM9 because I love the sound signature.

-Collin-
Hey Colin, no worries, the S-EM9 is great iem and no matter what else listen to they always puts a massive grin on my face each time i come back to them. I also couldnt believe how they scaled up with the Janus D cable although its a bit too rich for me at the moment :) Rob

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #1,244 of 1,260
I currently have Spiral Ears SE5U and currently looking for a more energetic IEM to (mainly) listen to EDM, pop, also some rock and jazz. Is there someone who can compare to S-EM9 to the Inear Stagediver 5? Or the difference between S-EM9 ansd SD5?

Thanks.

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #1,245 of 1,260
a hong kong head-fi retailer is doing deep discounts for selected earsonics models, including the sem9 at 50% off the hk list price. they also offer free shipping worldwide. Not affilated to them but have used them a few times for other brands, legit (as in sourced from official distributors) afaik.

https://www.mtmtshop.com/products/earsonics-sem9-free-shipping

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back