EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
May 3, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #1,216 of 1,260
Yeah, that's what I'm noticing. I just wish I had more of them.

I've actually been playing around a bit with all of the tips I have and have realized the stock earsonics tips are too big for me and dont actually provide real seal. Bigger is not always better. Its odd because they werent immediately uncomfortable, but I think they were giving me headaches and ear pain over time.

I've switched to using smaller spin fit tips (with white nozzle, not sure what size). I removed the plastic nozzle on my t100 comply tips, and use that to make the spinfits fit.

Bass has very noticeably improved. Other parts of the sound are about the same.

I was quite surprised because I was sure that I had a good seal before.

May 4, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #1,218 of 1,260
@tomcourtenay : please could you share a small comparison of EM10 vs Phantom with us? It would be very nice!

For those who use the S-EM9, you could create an adaptor for eartips with heat-shrinkage sheath, but be careful because a too long adaptor can change the sound as the raw material is more rigid than eartips.

May 6, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #1,219 of 1,260
I've actually been playing around a bit with all of the tips I have and have realized the stock earsonics tips are too big for me and dont actually provide real seal. Bigger is not always better. Its odd because they werent immediately uncomfortable, but I think they were giving me headaches and ear pain over time.

I've switched to using smaller spin fit tips (with white nozzle, not sure what size). I removed the plastic nozzle on my t100 comply tips, and use that to make the spinfits fit.

Bass has very noticeably improved. Other parts of the sound are about the same.

I was quite surprised because I was sure that I had a good seal before.

Interesting... this may be a bit of an odd question, but do you mind posting a few photos of your tips then? I'd love to see what you came up with.

May 13, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #1,220 of 1,260
A bit off topic but quite a news for Earsonics, a teaser that they will release a full size headphone on june 1st (push the brightness on your screen fully)

Y37PMYbqEhN4f6VNmhA3mxSld1sszG.png

May 13, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #1,221 of 1,260
A bit off topic but quite a news for Earsonics, a teaser that they will release a full size headphone on june 1st (push the brightness on your screen fully)

Y37PMYbqEhN4f6VNmhA3mxSld1sszG.png
That was my first thought too, but I checked with EarSonics and can officially confirm it is not a headphone :)

May 13, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,223 of 1,260
May 13, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #1,226 of 1,260
I've been sworn to secrecy, I wish I could drop a hint or so but that would give too much away..

We'll see soon enough what it is... too bad I am not here for Sound Days near Paris where they are going to unveil this...

May 18, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #1,227 of 1,260
I am looking for a cable that would suit my em10. Any hint ?

May 28, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #1,228 of 1,260
This is the product presented by earsonics in Paris.

20180527_123252.jpg

A bluetooth dac amp .
It sounds pretty good with my em10

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #1,230 of 1,260
Looks good.how price??

The product page is up, and the price is finally here : 249€ for the Birdy HD

I think from the pics, if you try it with a recessed socket 2 pin IEM it won't work... I'll contact Earsonics and enquire...

Edit : So I contacted Earsonics and the answer is not clear cut, they say it should work but if I have issues with older earsonics IEM with recessed socket they can mod it to work with the birdy...
The way I am looking at it I doubt it will work with recessed socket. It's a design flaw IMHO not to have a cable that can fit both...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back