EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Nov 14, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #931 of 1,260
Nov 14, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #936 of 1,260
  Lol, I've had this meme on my mind for a while now concerning Head-Fi. Also because I'm watching Sopranos again and they use it all the time!

Hey Nic , seeing you own 

Empire Ears Zeus XIV
Rhapsodio Solar 
Perfect Seal Deca
Hidition NT6pro
Warbler Prelude
Lime Ears Aether
CustomArt 8.2 
Rhapsodio Galaxy / V2
EarSonics S-EM9

where would you put sem9 ? (also how do you find time between all these TOTL iems ? 
eek.gif
 )

happy these are universals , one less wallet pain for me 
tongue.gif

(plus i am real short on money , but i wuld love to listen/own the ones i have in bold)

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #937 of 1,260
Well I rate the S-EM9 highly. It is technically superior than the average TOTL; in separation and resolution it performs exceptionally well, making it a highly detailed iem without resorting to a bright signature. This makes it sound both precise and musical. Sometimes I put it away for a while if I have to write about others, but I enjoy it very much every time I come back to it.

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #938 of 1,260
  Well I rate the S-EM9 highly. It is technically superior than the average TOTL; in separation and resolution it performs exceptionally well, making it a highly detailed iem without resorting to a bright signature. This makes it sound both precise and musical. Sometimes I put it away for a while if I have to write about others, but I enjoy it very much every time I come back to it.

sounds like a great uiem , but well like i said my mind has tuned to ciems-only

which does not make my pain any less painful  
tongue.gif

the only thing keeping me from getting more ciems is lack of funds 
biggrin.gif

oh well , i can start saving up for ciem no3 , once i have athena safely in my hands

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #939 of 1,260
  I auditioned a friend's S-EM9 today... What an absolutely amazing sounding IEM. Totally destroys Noble K10UA (which I had and sold) if you like fast paced music (EDM, pop, hiphop etc). Easy to drive with iPhone 6s. The price is hard to swallow though. I wonder if they'll do a discount for Black Friday. Also, if ES3 provides 90% of the experience of S-EM9, I might just go for that instead. Decisions...

My eyes are now on this EM9 - can you share a little how it compares to K10U? My ref is Andromeda and K10. I am really curious about this IEM. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #940 of 1,260
A short one sentence comparison on bass, mid, treble and soundstage with any TOTL IEM would be really beneficial. For example, someone mention the sub-bass is good.. my next question is how good is good. Is it as deep as Shure 846, with more power etc.. and I see people mention very good treble.. how good is it? Is it as bright as NT6 or K10U or Shure 846 or ANdromeda. I would really appreciate with reference. 

A tall person is only taller than the short person standing next to it - Pls give me another reference of another IEM. - Thank you.. thank u thank you.. 

Love French stuff.. my fav singer is Lara Fabian and I would like the idea of giving her voice a TOTL IEM made in France..  
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #941 of 1,260
http://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/adl-shure-earphone-upgrade-cable-ihp-35m.html

if you are using mmcx version , this cable best for s-em9 guys. Everyone must buy.. 

By the way I used to long period sem9 and  K10ua same time  6 month  , Sem9 much better than  Noble k10ua.  

using sem-9 nearly 1 year , I can say , best universal totl iem in the world. They must little advertising :)

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #942 of 1,260
  http://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/adl-shure-earphone-upgrade-cable-ihp-35m.html

if you are using mmcx version , this cable best for s-em9 guys. Everyone must buy.. 

By the way I used to long period sem9 and  K10ua same time  6 month  , Sem9 much better than  Noble k10ua.  

using sem-9 nearly 1 year , I can say , best universal totl iem in the world. They must little advertising :)

3rd person i see here in last 2-3 days that says the same thing

sem9 > k10

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #943 of 1,260
Sem9 better than Oriolus mkII also , I forgot to say.  tried last month , sem9 much better with correct cable.

also used to tralucent Ref1 Too with uber cable , again sem9 much much better ...  :)

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #945 of 1,260
  Sem9 better than Oriolus mkII also, I forgot to say.  tried last month , sem9 much better with correct cable.

also used to tralucent Ref1 Too with uber cable , again sem9 much much better ...  :)

Uh oh, that got my attention.

Although I'm wondering if the BA bass of the S-EM9 is able to match the lush and natural bloom of the DD Oriolus bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back