EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Nov 11, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #916 of 1,259

Mimouille

Headphoneus Supremus
Plus now we get to feel all hipster cool "I knew about it before..." except it also means being stuck with MMCX :cool:

Was mmcx the only choice when S-EM9 got introduced?  Cause I would think majority would probably go for 2pin.

I prefer MMCX and actually have never had problems with the MMCX. I have great cables to pair it with.

Besides the MMCX allows to run it balanced from the WM1Z.

Thanks, next week i will compare them with the Zeus R, lets see!!

Hope with all the possitive review, these will get the attetion they deserve, as i said are probably my favourite iem.

The Zeus R is nice but not as special as the Zeus-XIV. Plus it is hard to find a non hissing source. They even hiss with an map like the Alo Rx for iems!

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #917 of 1,259

justrest

500+ Head-Fier
I prefer MMCX and actually have never had problems with the MMCX. I have great cables to pair it with.

The Zeus R is nice but not as special as the Zeus-XIV. Plus it is hard to find a non hissing source. They even hiss with an map like the Alo Rx for iems!

What cable is that,Double Helix?

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #921 of 1,259

Raketen

Headphoneus Supremus

I've had a few failures but mostly on the cable-side fortunately, I just try not to swap the cables too much. I don't mind it but I also don't like how it rotates, much prefer threaded/locked mmcx of some type (if only there were a more universal standard for that instead of a dozen different proprietary designs but I have complained about this too many times already).

Congrats on getting that Walkman!

Nov 12, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #922 of 1,259

sonickarma

Headphoneus Supremus
  Hi guys!

My review of the SEM9 is posted @ earphonia.com

http://earphonia.com/earphones-iems-ciems/earsonics-s-em9-9-ba-driver-flagship-earphone-review/

Hope you like it!

Great review mate, thank you and congrats.

I also used Oriolus MK2 and K10UA and I can easily say the S-EM9 is better. I really love how musical and detailed. S-EM9 deserve much more attention.

Wow I didn't know that Earsonics S-EM9 takes out some serious flagships earphones, I love the Earsonics Velvet - so looks like I need to get a pair of these also.

Great review tomcourtenay

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #925 of 1,259

Audiowood

Headphoneus Supremus
It is ultra revealing...makes the iem more transparent and analytical in my experience...I am not a huge cable believer but with the S-EM9 it was obvious.

​Is it because its made in France?

tongue.gif

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #927 of 1,259

obsidyen

Headphoneus Supremus
I auditioned a friend's S-EM9 today... What an absolutely amazing sounding IEM. Totally destroys Noble K10UA (which I had and sold) if you like fast paced music (EDM, pop, hiphop etc). Easy to drive with iPhone 6s. The price is hard to swallow though. I wonder if they'll do a discount for Black Friday. Also, if ES3 provides 90% of the experience of S-EM9, I might just go for that instead. Decisions...

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #928 of 1,259

Tony1110

Headphoneus Supremus
I auditioned a friend's S-EM9 today... What an absolutely amazing sounding IEM. Totally destroys Noble K10UA (which I had and sold) if you like fast paced music (EDM, pop, hiphop etc). Easy to drive with iPhone 6s. The price is hard to swallow though. I wonder if they'll do a discount for Black Friday. Also, if ES3 provides 90% of the experience of S-EM9, I might just go for that instead. Decisions...

According to Earsonics, they're struggling to cope with demand for S-EM9 and ES3 and won't be discounting them for BF.

That's what they told me anyway.

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #929 of 1,259

obsidyen

Headphoneus Supremus
According to Earsonics, they're struggling to cope with demand for S-EM9 and ES3 and won't be discounting them for BF.

That's what they told me anyway.

Hmm, that's disappointing. Regardless, I'll buy one of them. I mostly use iPhone 6s and MacBook Pro, I wonder if the difference between S-EM9 and ES3 would be minimized due to the fact I don't use a dedicated source/amp. I'd appreciate any comments from people who've heard both.

Users who are viewing this thread