Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
May 26, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #1,186 of 1,656
I feel they are a great iem for listening to music. I enjoyed my UM3X and I enjoyed my W4R more but the SM64 replaced both. I will admit I have wanted to try a 1000.00 iem like the Shure 846 just to see if I get twice the sound for twice the price, but I bet no.

I've never heard anything and I doubt there is anything that sounds better at the sm64's price point. They sound absolutely magical plugged into my marantz receiver, I've pretty much sold off all my other headphones now lol.
However I am getting the itch to try out the EM6 or SE846, I just have to convince myself that it's worth it!!

May 27, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #1,188 of 1,656
Likewise, the SM64 for me is clearly a cut above the TF10, PFE 232 and W4. Got rid of them all in favor of the SM64.

Since someone brought up upgrading I'll share my experience.

After a year with the SM64 the itch started and a few months ago I bought the 1964 Ears V6-Stage as universals and for me they are clearly a cut (or two) above the SM64. Definitely a higher price point, but definitely worth the extra money for me. Joker rates the V6-Stage customs ahead of both the K3003 and Fitear 334, which makes them a good value in opinion.

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #1,190 of 1,656
Is there anyone who has owned, or listened to a panasonic HJE900 and can give a comparison? I like a fun sound but my klipsch S4, although in a very different price category, is too boomy for me.
My yamaha EPH 100 on the other hand lacks the fun factor in the treble departement. The HJE900 will be missed, but maybe the SM64 is a good replacement?

Jun 15, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #1,192 of 1,656
I am so happy everyone else has tried the filter removal and is liking the new sound! I was worried I'd become the new SM64 pariah who told everyone to break their IEMs! Doesn't the sound just "open up"? It sounds like what the IEMs were supposed to sound like... As if with the filters in, something goes terribly wrong, and ES actually tuned the IEMs to sound without their filters (the sound is a lot less muffled and congested, the bass is not as floppy).

I didn't know about the filter removal tools, but if there are some, that is great. However, the moment I took the filters out, I put them in a Ziploc bag but even told myself "I don't even care if I lose this bag, because I know I'm not going to be putting the filters back in." The increase in SQ is so substantial.

Glad it's working out for you guys. Only when I removed them did it really start sounding like a top IEM... The rest is playing with tips. 

Jun 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,194 of 1,656
The shure yellow foam tips sound great with these phones with the filters removed. Listening out of my burning in HM-901 and enjoying them more than the Heir Audio 8.a universals and JVC FX-850!

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #1,195 of 1,656
I have been enjoying them without the filters, I have to look, have those tips somewhere, have to look for them and give them a try, thanks... (my only complaint is bass could use a bit more forcefulness, it's there, but have to listen in to the music and listen for it, it's there, would like more bass presence...do these tips do that for them?

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #1,196 of 1,656
I have been enjoying them without the filters, I have to look, have those tips somewhere, have to look for them and give them a try, thanks... (my only complaint is bass could use a bit more forcefulness, it's there, but have to listen in to the music and listen for it, it's there, would like more bass presence...do these tips do that for them?

I have felt the same thing before. EQing can fix some of that as the SM64 has some great bass imo. Using silicone tips should also help a lot as foam tends to eat some of it up.

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #1,197 of 1,656
Hello everybody,

For those who are interested, here are a limited edition of the Sm 64... 

I think that it's just a design new version... find it very nice. 

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #1,198 of 1,656
  Hello everybody,

For those who are interested, here are a limited edition of the Sm 64... 

I think that it's just a design new version... find it very nice. 

Oh, looking fine :)
I like these clear sheels that Earsonics makes!

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #1,199 of 1,656
Jun 24, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #1,200 of 1,656
There will be 15 units sold at the same price of the standard model.If people ask for it, there will be more white unit a little bit differents than this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back