Earsonics sm3 V2
Feb 2, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #828 of 1,167
6 months usage, very happy. I cycle with them, go to the gym, run.. great fit, great isolation.. Its exactly what I was looking for! Thanks to all the people that helped me when I first got them :) 

Feb 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #829 of 1,167

Quote:
6 months usage, very happy. I cycle with them, go to the gym, run.. great fit, great isolation.. Its exactly what I was looking for! Thanks to all the people that helped me when I first got them :) 

Good for you!
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #830 of 1,167

Don't know if I was unlucky or you are lucky, but mine cracked like an eggshell within a week of use. I loved its sound for shoegaze type of music, so I really want to get another one, but I think I'll hold it off until the next generation of SM3 (or SM4?) is released.
Quote:

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #831 of 1,167

Quote:
Don't know if I was unlucky or you are lucky, but mine cracked like an eggshell within a week of use. I loved its sound for shoegaze type of music, so I really want to get another one, but I think I'll hold it off until the next generation of SM3 (or SM4?) is released.

I thought earsonic provides some sort of warranty, that seems like something they should be able to take care of for you. Mine are solid, and they are being used pretty much every day. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #833 of 1,167

Quote:
Reporting after 3 weeks: V2 is at least twice as comfortable as V1... So glad to have made the upgrade instead of moving onto another brand/model.
etysmile.gif

Interesting, the V2s were not as comfy to my ears as the V1. But the benefit of removable cables and upgrade cables is tempting. Wonder if I should consider it....

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #834 of 1,167
SM3's and Shure tips are absolutely amazing! I disliked the bi-flanges because they hurt. D:
Then again, Shure does amazing isolation, even with their silicon ones. That, and SM3V2 (with no filter) makes my sonic heaven. :)

Feb 17, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #835 of 1,167

Quote:
Interesting, the V2s were not as comfy to my ears as the V1. But the benefit of removable cables and upgrade cables is tempting. Wonder if I should consider it....

In the first 3-4 days the body of the V2s hurt my ears more than the V1s used to. I could listen to music with the V1s for 90 minutes before I had to take it out to give my ears a break, since they started out good but began to make themselves felt and finally hurt my ears after about an hour. In the first 3-4 days I felt the urge to put the V2s away after half an hour! I was convinced I would sell tehm if that didn't change. But now, after 3-4 weeks, I listen to 5-6 albums in a row without ever needing to put it away; it simply never hurts my ears. 

Don't forget another aspect of the upgrade that should be tempting: you're not upgrading only the IEMs, but also the warranty. For a total of 115 euros (that is 1/3 of it's price) I have upgraded my 15 month old SM3s and reset the warranty period, too...

Feb 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #836 of 1,167

Quote:
SM3's and Shure tips are absolutely amazing! I disliked the bi-flanges because they hurt. D:
Then again, Shure does amazing isolation, even with their silicon ones. That, and SM3V2 (with no filter) makes my sonic heaven. :)

I set out to look for a decent set of NC cans but ended up looking for IEMs with decent isolation and sound.  Never had IEMs before.  After a couple of weeks of research and a near buy of Shure 535s, I ordered a pair of SM3v2s today along with some of the Shure foams.  I report on the performance of the foams, thanks for the tip.  Now to wait for delivery...

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #837 of 1,167
I'll buy these boys within 1-1,5 weeks.

I want to see such magic.
popcorn.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #838 of 1,167

Quote:
I'll buy these boys within 1-1,5 weeks.

I want to see such magic.
popcorn.gif

Remember! SM3V2 has 2 closed appreciation threads because there were too much flaming. 
tongue_smile.gif
 Don't be THAAAAAT surprised if you don't like them! 

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #839 of 1,167

Quote:
Remember! SM3V2 has 2 closed appreciation threads because there were too much flaming. 
tongue_smile.gif
 Don't be THAAAAAT surprised if you don't like them! 

Really? Why i shouldn't like, I'm looking for something more intimate and realistic, but without any kind of custom fit.

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #840 of 1,167
I think what he's trying to get at is that the sm3 v2 could have been subject to a considerable amount of hyping back in its FOTM days. I still think they are nice IEM's, but certainly not for every type of music out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back