Earsonics sm3 V2
Mar 14, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #1,156 of 1,167

I tried purchasing one today, but they wouldn't let me complete the transaction. I suspect it is because they no longer make these. They just didn't take them from the sales page.

Accessory Jack still stocks it - you just need to keep all your packing materials in case of defect within warranty period - although they are a bit more expensive - maybe you can email them and see if they price match.

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #1,157 of 1,167

Accessory Jack still stocks it - you just need to keep all your packing materials in case of defect within warranty period - although they are a bit more expensive - maybe you can email them and see if they price match.

Actually Earsonics were selling them. My initial transaction didn't go through because my bank blocked it... ID fraud suspected. I cleared it with the bank and the SM3s are on the way. Thank you Ivabign for the heads up.

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,158 of 1,167
Hey guys, I'm currently on a Silver Dragon V1. Any idea which cable would make the SM3 more musical? Also, anyone knows anywhere that we can get those filters? I know they were from a certain brand that makes audio filters with different frequencies. Just thought of getting them for a differing sound signature. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #1,159 of 1,167

Actually Earsonics were selling them. My initial transaction didn't go through because my bank blocked it... ID fraud suspected. I cleared it with the bank and the SM3s are on the way. Thank you Ivabign for the heads up.

Cool - that's great! Glad it turned out for the best - always good to get what you wanted in the first place - and they were the best price.

Mar 17, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #1,160 of 1,167
Hey guys, I'm currently on a Silver Dragon V1. Any idea which cable would make the SM3 more musical? Also, anyone knows anywhere that we can get those filters? I know they were from a certain brand that makes audio filters with different frequencies. Just thought of getting them for a differing sound signature. 

BTG Audio Midnight Cable (used to be the Starlight). I also had the Silver Dragon, and I think the Midnight plays more to the EarSonics house sound strengths. It's copper, so it makes the mids nice and lush sounding, accentuates the highs while still being smooth, and makes the bass a bit more prominent. Silver and Silver-plated copper make the SM3 sound unnaturally clinical, in my opinion. Try the white filters, too. The reds aren't bad either. Both have a less ohm value than the green ones, so they improve the treble a bit and makes the sound a little less congested, but more subtle than taking the filters out altogether. Be really careful removing them. You can get them here.
http://store.microsonic-inc.com/318319320321322323-knowlesacousticdampers.aspx

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #1,161 of 1,167
Thanks Pete! I'm looking at the Starlights now. Looking cheap and good. 
As for the Knowles dampers, that website doesn't seem to be responding to me. And I thought of getting a bit of everything just to see how it is but the site isn't telling me how much it costs. 
blink.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #1,163 of 1,167
BTG Audio Midnight Cable (used to be the Starlight). I also had the Silver Dragon, and I think the Midnight plays more to the EarSonics house sound strengths. It's copper, so it makes the mids nice and lush sounding, accentuates the highs while still being smooth, and makes the bass a bit more prominent. Silver and Silver-plated copper make the SM3 sound unnaturally clinical, in my opinion. Try the white filters, too. The reds aren't bad either. Both have a less ohm value than the green ones, so they improve the treble a bit and makes the sound a little less congested, but more subtle than taking the filters out altogether. Be really careful removing them. You can get them here.
http://store.microsonic-inc.com/318319320321322323-knowlesacousticdampers.aspx

What is your method for removing the filters?

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #1,164 of 1,167
This works best:
http://www.headphone.com/products/etymotic-er-4-filter-removal-tool
But you still need to be careful not to push the filter further in the barrel.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #1,165 of 1,167
And BTW, the Midnight cable used to be the Sunrise cable, not the Starlight. The Starlight is Silver-Plated Copper, which is nice and well-built, too (had it) but the sound is similar to the Silver Dragon.

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #1,166 of 1,167
Ahh found it. Thanks Pete! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back