Earsonics sm3 V2
Jun 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #902 of 1,167
I tried the longer comply tips that come with them today.. very nice isolation, I was surprised because I usually don't like comply. They don't seem like they would last very long tho ..

Jun 28, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #903 of 1,167
I've been a pretty good seal with the core of the complies trimmed down and a green sony hybrid over that. Sound is not hugely better than the stock plastic tips but it's much easier to get a good seal and a big more comfortable.

Quote:
Thanks.
And a question. Is there any point in getting customs at an age like 21, or just wait till I am about 25?

I think a lot of the reshell companies may state that should should wait until mid 20's because that's when the sutures ("joints") of your skull fuse (although most physicians with specialization in the musculoskeletal system would argue they are still mobile). The truth is your temporal bone is not going to grow any appreciable amount in the next 4-5 years, and even if it were the IEM still just barely goes to the portion of the ear that is contained by temporal bone. I had my customs done two years ago, and the feel exactly the same now as they did then (I'm 25). If anything is going to change the fit it's going to be putting on a bunch of weight that manipulates the external ear canal.

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #906 of 1,167
Quote:
Which tips are the most popular: double flange or Comply, both come with the phones?

hi @Olear,

Stock double flange gives you a sound much more clean.

Comply, i only use to listen my music on disco. :d

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #907 of 1,167
The stock double flange are a perfect fit for them IMO, and some people use Sensorcom biflanges for a brighter sound, but if you want to try some fun stuff, check my pictures for the multi-tip setup I use with them: comply core + reversed sony hybrid + generic wide-bore biflange (the ones I use are sennheiser I think but they are pretty standard biflanges).

However I really did this mod for ease of insertion/removal as I used them at work; I think sound with the stock biflanges is probably a smidge better.

Jul 8, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #908 of 1,167
Any user of Shure SCL5/ E5c out there to do a comparison? I know its a 3 drivers vs 2 drivers IEM but am very interested in the comparison of sound stage. IMO SCL5 has one of the widest sound stage out there. The old Westone UM2 may be totally similar in construction to E5c (check out their history) but the sound signature/ characteristics are worlds apart.

Jul 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #909 of 1,167
Quote:
The stock double flange are a perfect fit for them IMO, and some people use Sensorcom biflanges for a brighter sound, but if you want to try some fun stuff, check my pictures for the multi-tip setup I use with them: comply core + reversed sony hybrid + generic wide-bore biflange (the ones I use are sennheiser I think but they are pretty standard biflanges).

However I really did this mod for ease of insertion/removal as I used them at work; I think sound with the stock biflanges is probably a smidge better.

I read dkft removed the inner tubes of the olives, then inserted them onto the sm3 nozzle and then put Audeo PFE tip over. The result was more treble and comfort.   

If one usually goes with a medium for other tips, should  the olives and PFE also be ordered in medium?

Jul 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #911 of 1,167
Quote:
I usually use medium tips and I use medium olives.

Thanks
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #912 of 1,167
So I bought some of the Sensorcom Biflanges but I can't seem to get a good seal with them. Anyone else having this problem? I tried cutting a pair of them down but it just made the problem worse. The only way I can get a good seal is if I wet them first - but it's kind of inconvenient to have to do that every time you want to use them.

Normally I use the large size comply P-series - these seem to work pretty good, but I would love to be able to use some tips that I don't have to replace all the time. Anyone have any ideas?

Jul 24, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #913 of 1,167
Jul 24, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #915 of 1,167
I ordered both the Earsonics SM3 V2 and a pair of Westone UM3X RC's 2 weeks ago just because like many others, I kept reading things about one IEM being better than the other, and vice versa. Of course, to settle things once and for all, I ordered both and after about an hour each on each IEM, I haven't been able to put down the SM3's! I love them so much! To me, the SM3's sound a lot clearer than the UM3X's. Time to sell the UM3X's...

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back