Earsonics sm3 V2
Apr 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #875 of 1,167

delladood

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Posts
471
Likes
20
How does earsonics honor their warranty? Are they as friendly with customer service as westone is??? What worries me, is that if I have any technical difficulties, I have to ship them to france(where I think they are located) which would not be fun.  Where as westone has the best warranty service of all time!
 
Apr 16, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #876 of 1,167

Aevum

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 15, 2007
Posts
2,638
Likes
201
They have to. European law states that all new electronics have 2 years warranty.
 
If they bail on that you can file complaints against them in european court.
 
Apple is currently facing legal action in several european countries becuase their global position is 1 year warranty but you can buy another. and under european law they are expected to provide 2 years for free.
 
Apr 16, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #877 of 1,167

tienbasse

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Posts
1,513
Likes
520


Quote:
They have to. European law states that all new electronics have 2 years warranty.
 
If they bail on that you can file complaints against them in european court.
 
Apple is currently facing legal action in several european countries becuase their global position is 1 year warranty but you can buy another. and under european law they are expected to provide 2 years for free.

The 2 years warranty is a European "wish", which each country is free to apply or not.
Unfortunetaly, in countries like France (Earsonics' craddle), most items are still only warranted 1 year and not 2, which is a real pity for consumers...
 
From what I see on Earsonics website, warranty is one year...
frown.gif

 
This being said, the United States are not the center of the world, so guess what:
It's equally painful for me to ship back IEMs from France to the US to have them repaired when I buy American brands like Westone, Aurisonics...
wink.gif
It's a factor people have to consider when chosing a brand.
 
 
 
Apr 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #878 of 1,167

delladood

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Posts
471
Likes
20


Quote:
The 2 years warranty is a European "wish", which each country is free to apply or not.
Unfortunetaly, in countries like France (Earsonics' craddle), most items are still only warranted 1 year and not 2, which is a real pity for consumers...
 
From what I see on Earsonics website, warranty is one year...
frown.gif

 
This being said, the United States are not the center of the world, so guess what:
It's equally painful for me to ship back IEMs from France to the US to have them repaired when I buy American brands like Westone, Aurisonics...
wink.gif
It's a factor people have to consider when chosing a brand.
 
 

haha knowing westone they would send you 2 new pairs for freez. Idk how earsonics customer service is?
 
Apr 18, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #879 of 1,167

Kurdt-bada

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Posts
967
Likes
40
received today this cable for the sm3 v2 http://www.ebay.com/itm/5N-OCC-Upgrade-Cable-Westone-W4-W4R-AWG24-/220998715421?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item33748cc81d   first impresions are quite positive, with the earsonics grey tips the sound was very sibilant due the amount of bass and darker sound of this tips. Ive changed to double flange sensorcom the sound with this tips and the stock cable was bright and a bit cold, now with this cable i have more bass with sensorcom than with stock tips and stock cable, but with all the detail and bright sound of the sensorcom apart from this the soundstage is bigger, with more detail and clarity also vocals are lively with great dynamics. the sound is like you got a pair of new and better headphones, didn't expect this changes.
 
One day with this combination tried more tips but ill keep the snsorcom. All i can say is that this blows eveything ive heard except the ex1000 and both are on pair the earsonics sounds brighter with this combo, and the ex1000 have more bass and a bit darker yes ex1000 darker. im not sure which is better but this demolish my other iems shure 535 and um3x i can't really compare them they are on another league believe me or not but this sound amazing.
 
Apr 22, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #880 of 1,167

Mando323

Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Posts
59
Likes
11
How do you guys replace the cable? Mine doesn't come off, from what I can tell.
 
And it sure is a pain shipping to France. I tried going to the UPS to do it, and it was 117 bucks. I ended up doing it at the USPS, and it was something like 8 bucks, but it's going to take a month. Bummer. I have RE0's till then and they are barely holding me off.
 
Apr 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #881 of 1,167

Juiced

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 19, 2010
Posts
113
Likes
12
any suggestions for a better source than my 2 year old Cowon S9?
mybe the new Z2?
 
also any suggestions for better tips than the two-flange stock one's?
 
Apr 23, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #882 of 1,167

sari0n

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 26, 2010
Posts
469
Likes
20
 
Quote:
How do you guys replace the cable? Mine doesn't come off, from what I can tell.
 
And it sure is a pain shipping to France. I tried going to the UPS to do it, and it was 117 bucks. I ended up doing it at the USPS, and it was something like 8 bucks, but it's going to take a month. Bummer. I have RE0's till then and they are barely holding me off.

 
Try USPS priority mail and using a flat rate envelope.  If you ask them to measure and weigh your own package it usually ends up being a lot more for whatever reason.  It should be easy to fit the earphones in a flat rate envelope or box, and it should be around ~20 for priority or 30-40 for express.
 
 
Apr 24, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #883 of 1,167

tienbasse

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Posts
1,513
Likes
520
 
Quote:
 
 
Try USPS priority mail and using a flat rate envelope.  If you ask them to measure and weigh your own package it usually ends up being a lot more for whatever reason.  It should be easy to fit the earphones in a flat rate envelope or box, and it should be around ~20 for priority or 30-40 for express.
 

A small priority box should be big enough and costs $16.95. Better protection than an envelop.
 
 
Quote:
And it sure is a pain shipping to France. I tried going to the UPS to do it, and it was 117 bucks. I ended up doing it at the USPS, and it was something like 8 bucks, but it's going to take a month. Bummer. I have RE0's till then and they are barely holding me off.

 
Sorry but the pain is just USPS still not knowing how to deal with customs in some countries (France, Canada, Australia)... contrary to UPS/DHL/Fedex and most serious carriers.
100% of USPS parcels are going through French customs (meaning 1-2 weeks delay) while other carrier companies handle custom-related matters on behalf of customs, which saves an awful lot of time.
USPS just doesn't seem to care much about improving international shipping...
 
At least I can tell you there won't be any trouble the other way around, the French post office knows how to deal with US customs.
wink.gif

 
Apr 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #884 of 1,167

go0gle

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Posts
144
Likes
62
I love those earphones. Just saying.. 
 
I've put them trough lots of different test like airplane, running, cycling, gym, quiet night, NYC streets.. great isolation, solid fit. 
 
I listen to a lot of Grateful Dead (classic rock in general), and progressive house/EDM .. love the sound stage for the first, and the bass for the second, especially because you can crank the bass up and they still handle the highs very well so you can hear everything but still enjoy the [size=x-small]bassline. [/size]
 
[size=small]Should I invest in a new cable for them ? How much/what kind of difference would that make.. i've never done it before. [/size]
 
May 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #885 of 1,167

Mando323

Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Posts
59
Likes
11
Man, I was so excited when I saw that USPS box here today. I opened up the(smashed) box and the same problem was there. The left earbud makes a funny noise. I was disappointed. It might have been the trip back to the states that messed up the headphones again. But if that really did it, then it's like they never fixed it. I am going to have to ship it to France again, and hopefully they send me new ones back, instead of my old ones.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top