EarSonics Onyx
Apr 18, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #106 of 141
Strangely the Onyx don't seem to be getting the attention they deserve.
Maybe because they are sold directly from Earsonics and shipping outside the EU is difficult?
I had no problem getting them to ship to New Zealand.

These are beautiful iem's I now have these and the JH Audio Jolene's. Both are excellent and both very different.

With these two I no longer feel the need to keep searching for the holy grail solution.

Apr 18, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #107 of 141
I had no problem getting them to ship to New Zealand.

These are beautiful iem's I now have these and the JH Audio Jolene's. Both are excellent and both very different.

With these two I no longer feel the need to keep searching for the holy grail solution.
May ask about the tax?
Have you been taxed or they ship with vat included?

Apr 18, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #109 of 141
Just posted up my review of the ONYX. It's been a while since I've tested a model from Earsonics and I was impressed to briefly sum up my thoughts.

Earsonics ONYX.png

The sound is very intriguing and reminds me very much of the TOTL IEMs we were seeing a few years back before reference curves became commonplace. It's a W-shaped and exciting tuning with a weighty, robust bass paired with a clean, vocal-focused midrange and crisp top-end. In this sense, the ONYX provides many aspects of a high-end IEM at what has now become a midrange to low midrange price.

DSC02748.jpg

While the overall technical performance is more telling of its asking price, the tuning paired and controlled, free-flowing bass especially are both hugely engaging in a manner that I find many similarly priced IEMs simply aren't. Combine that with comfortable, well-finished metal shells and an essentially flat impedance curve that makes source pairings a breeze and you have a killer package, especially for those wanting a little more colour without upsetting overall balance.

Apr 18, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #110 of 141
Strangely the Onyx don't seem to be getting the attention they deserve.
Maybe because they are sold directly from Earsonics and shipping outside the EU is difficult?
Yeah, I guess some people might be reluctant to order direct from the EU. For anyone on the fence though...It's worth it!

Apr 25, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #112 of 141
OK, here we are now. 20x ONYX reviews / ratings on HF so far:

5:star:= 9x
:star:= 6x
:star:= 3x
:star:= 1x
:star:= 1x

These statistics should speak for themselves I guess? :)

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #115 of 141
Just to know, Earsonics offer an Aero, the ES True Wireless Iem (199€) if you buy a ONYX… The offer is valid until 9 of mai. 👍🏼

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #116 of 141
As always depends on the source.
That has also exactly been my experience so far. With some sources the differences between single ended and balanced are simply huge (thinking about my good ol' Pono player in the past), while with other sources the differences can be subtle or not even noticeable (to my ears) at all :)

Just to know, Earsonics offer an Aero, the ES True Wireless Iem (199€) if you buy a ONYX… The offer is valid until 9 of mai. 👍🏼
Wow... that's a pretty cool deal!
Thumbs Up.gif

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #117 of 141
Sure has gotten quiet around here!!!

May 30, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #118 of 141
I agree… 😑

May 30, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #119 of 141
And the ONYX is soo good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back