EarSonics Onyx
Mar 12, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #76 of 141
The more I listen to them, the more I like them… The need of Burn in is very important on the Onyx… the sound is now even more opened… treble seems to become even more refined and acurate with time… and the bass… THE BASS!…

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #78 of 141
What?What? What is that?
D3A7D487-E30A-4CAF-BF79-E4FE71A6E05C.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #79 of 141
Mar 15, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #80 of 141
Anyone know if these are available for purchase in the US? I've looked at their online store but there doesn't seem to be shipping across the pond :frowning2:

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #81 of 141
Anyone know if these are available for purchase in the US? I've looked at their online store but there doesn't seem to be shipping across the pond :frowning2:
As far as I know this shouldn't be a problem. Maybe you can contact @ThioB3 directly to make sure. He works at EarSonics and can probably help you out if there is any issue.
Good luck and kind regards! :)

Mar 15, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #82 of 141
As far as I know this shouldn't be a problem. Maybe you can contact @ThioB3 directly to make sure. He works at EarSonics and can probably help you out if there is any issue.
Good luck and kind regards! :)
Thank you! EarSonics customer service reached back to me (extremely fast I must say) and got me squared away. Got a set on the way :)

Mar 16, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #83 of 141
announcement.gif

Just to make sure that ONYX costs and order procedures are clear to everyone who visits this thread:

Inside EU = 590€ (incl. VAT)
Outside EU = 490€ (without VAT)

When you log in with your personal address on the website shop, the right price should appear automatically that way.

Got a set on the way :)
Nice!!! Please let us know what you think of it (and keep some burn-in time in mind, for best results) later on :beerchug:

Mar 16, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #84 of 141
When you log in with your personal address on the website shop, the right price should appear automatically that way.
It did not appear at the 490€ price until I put in my shipping country. I also didn't set up an EarSonics account so that could be why.

But yes, 490€ + shipping is how much it was for me in the USA.

Nice!!! Please let us know what you think of it (and keep some burn-in time in mind, for best results) later on
Will do! I'm getting into IEMs to diversify my audio collection and have something portable. And the ONYX had glowing reviews on here. It is weird how few reviews of this IEM exist outside of Head-Fi though. Could it be due to the factory direct model EarSonics is doing?

Mar 16, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #85 of 141
Courtesy of the glowing reviews I couldn't resist these.

After finding the right tips, in my case silicon but a size larger than provided, I can see why people are saying that they can't put them down.

They are beautifully musical iems but not lacking in detail.

Comparing to the JH Jolene they are quite similar, but the ONYX have greater sense of excitement which reaches out and grabs you!

They are quite amazing for the price, now please gentlemen and ladies please no more glowing recommendations, I have had to come out of retirement to pay for these and the Jolene's.

Mar 16, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #87 of 141
Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #89 of 141
Ladies and gentlemen, the Onyx is a winner. I'll get some more thorough impressions in a few days after mental burn-in sets in. But as a self admitted lover of mids and vocals, the Onyx delivers. I was worried with all the talk of the bass that the mids wouldn't deliver.

Had some struggles with tips at first but I chalk that down to this being my first proper IEM. I never would've thought with my giant head that the SS sized final E series tips would be the best fit for my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back