Earsonics ES3
Dec 14, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #286 of 318
Awesome! I also have a few of his line-up! Great guy to deal with and SQ improvement punches well over his asking price.
May I ask who you are referring to please? I'd like to get an upgrade cable for my ES3s

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #287 of 318
Can anyone recommend an upgrade cables + tips please?

I'm now using Final Audio E tips. I like how comfortable they are. Was previously using MandarinEs but found them to be uncomfortable during long listening.

May I ask who you are referring to please? I'd like to get an upgrade cable for my ES3s

He's a local DIYer. He doesn't ship internationally.

Mar 28, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #288 of 318
D

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #290 of 318
Hey guys, I am new into iems. I prefer open back cans and own a few like the 7xx, X2, magnums. I also like slightly bright signature. I have the opportunity to go for the es3 or the isine 10. Which will be a good option?

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #291 of 318
Hey guys, I am new into iems. I prefer open back cans and own a few like the 7xx, X2, magnums. I also like slightly bright signature. I have the opportunity to go for the es3 or the isine 10. Which will be a good option?

Well, first let me say that everything I have used from Earsonics has been above average or decent for my preferences. This IEM in particular I have not gotten to use due to the price increase a while back and having to budget. I know though if open back is what you prefer then the iSine 10 is already a point in due to it's design. I also have read extensively on both of those particular IEM/earphones and the iSine10(though seriously hyped) delivers very big sound for a small earphone and delivers more than many of the more conventional IEMs can due to it's differences both driver and open back. Albeit it also loses out on other that is the caveat, such as: Isolation, portability(as in easy to conceal and use without losing out sound quality due to work environment, transportation, busy streets, etc.), size, etc. Portability and isolation is two big reason's everyone is not walking around with full-size and open back headphones on their head at work or during a commute. So, it really comes down to you purpose with the in ear's you are going to use. In my experience if you are going to be using these mostly like transportable IEM's( as in from room to room through your apartment or house, or in quieter and more private settings) I would go with the iSine 10 or even the LX which runs cheaper and apparently is very close to sonic qualities as the 10. I know their will be things you will trade off between the iSine IEM models or the Earsonics ES3 model but the point is you just need to know what you want them for and it becomes much easier to make the choice. Sorry for the long rant but I have experienced this myself and felt that hopefully answering these reasons and purposes of use would help you decide on what best suits your needs. Let me know what you go with when you do chose and how you like them.

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #292 of 318
If you like IEM with a slightly bright sound signature, I'm not sure you'll love the ES3. They've a great sense of rythm and a nice transparency, but the trebles are not particularly sparkling despite a good extension.

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #293 of 318
Well, first let me say that everything I have used from Earsonics has been above average or decent for my preferences. This IEM in particular I have not gotten to use due to the price increase a while back and having to budget. I know though if open back is what you prefer then the iSine 10 is already a point in due to it's design. I also have read extensively on both of those particular IEM/earphones and the iSine10(though seriously hyped) delivers very big sound for a small earphone and delivers more than many of the more conventional IEMs can due to it's differences both driver and open back. Albeit it also loses out on other that is the caveat, such as: Isolation, portability(as in easy to conceal and use without losing out sound quality due to work environment, transportation, busy streets, etc.), size, etc. Portability and isolation is two big reason's everyone is not walking around with full-size and open back headphones on their head at work or during a commute. So, it really comes down to you purpose with the in ear's you are going to use. In my experience if you are going to be using these mostly like transportable IEM's( as in from room to room through your apartment or house, or in quieter and more private settings) I would go with the iSine 10 or even the LX which runs cheaper and apparently is very close to sonic qualities as the 10. I know their will be things you will trade off between the iSine IEM models or the Earsonics ES3 model but the point is you just need to know what you want them for and it becomes much easier to make the choice. Sorry for the long rant but I have experienced this myself and felt that hopefully answering these reasons and purposes of use would help you decide on what best suits your needs. Let me know what you go with when you do chose and how you like them.

Thanks for your detailed views on both the isine and es3. I want an iem for my outdoor use during commute so the isine is bad as per your suggestion. Will go with the es3 for the advantage of closed sound.

Apr 24, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #294 of 318
If you like IEM with a slightly bright sound signature, I'm not sure you'll love the ES3. They've a great sense of rythm and a nice transparency, but the trebles are not particularly sparkling despite a good extension.

I don't prefer excessively bright sound or as some say harsh, but the FR of the es3 had good upper midrange and decent roll off. Had a listen to them and the cymbals were good sounding for me and had great extension as you said. Though sub bass was a bit more adding some warmth, was not an issue for me.

Jun 6, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #295 of 318
Just got the ES3 today. They sound delicious, a lot of details and some notes that I discover. Some guitar parts have some resonnance that I Don't hear before (it is my first expensive IEM).
A little minus, they are not as much confortable than my Nuforce EDC3.

A quick question, how much time do I have to use/burn them so they can have the best sounding ? thanks

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #296 of 318
You don’t need to worry about burn-in. BA drivers. They won’t age. Ultimately you’ll get more frequency variation through tip choice, insertion depth and insertion angle than you would if there was such a thing as burn-in. Just enjoy them out of the box :)

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #297 of 318
X2

Jul 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #298 of 318
file-2.jpeg
Received my ES3's last week. I am very satisfied with the clarity! Have used only the included double flange tips so far but have also ordered some Spin Fit's

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #300 of 318
Hello,

You can write to them and they surely will change the shell for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back