EarPods - Apples newest entry into IEM
Dec 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #151 of 170
Quote:

Am I the only one that thinks the Earpods are a great headphone? 
frown.gif

You're not. I was pretty stunned by them too.

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #152 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan 

So these are certainly better than prior included Apple earbuds, they are comfy and sound pretty good but don't provide enough isolation for serious listening while on the plane, train or bus or in any other noisy environment, IMO.

Originally Posted by tinyman392 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are earbuds, they aren't expected to.

Ok, so what do you use them for then? Phone conversations while you're out and about and for music at home? Most people are going to be wanting a listening solution for music while in the train/plane/bus right?

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #153 of 170
Quote:

Ok, so what do you use them for then? Phone conversations while you're out and about and for music at home? Most people are going to be wanting a listening solution for music while in the train/plane/bus right?

And I think this is a serious issue. People use them to listen to music and if they commute they will likely turn the volume way too high. The other day I was on a bus travelling to another city and there was a kid with an iPad using the old earbuds and I could hear EVERYTHING a couple of seats behind him. His parents didn't seem to care; how irresponsible! People don't really understant what's the point of IEMs and you can know by asking them. We should tell people they might damage their hearing and recommend them to get some IEMs, even if they are cheao, if they don't want interruptions while listening to music. 

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #155 of 170
I just tried these out and was pretty skeptical but the highs and mids are good, and I find the shape to be extremely ergonomic, I forget they are inserted after a while.  Bass is not as good as my blox m2c but for $30 not bad.  Plus they have the inline controls and mic for iphones.

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #157 of 170
Quote:

And I think this is a serious issue. People use them to listen to music and if they commute they will likely turn the volume way too high.

I've personally never understood the desire to listen to music "on the go". There are relaxing and exciting music... both of which are best when the listener is relaxed and seated.

Speaking of seated, I'm not fond of hearing other people's music in the library, foodplace, etc. There are times I hoped the earpod would leak less... or not leak at all!

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #158 of 170
Quote:
I've personally never understood the desire to listen to music "on the go". There are relaxing and exciting music... both of which are best when the listener is relaxed and seated.

Speaking of seated, I'm not fond of hearing other people's music in the library, foodplace, etc. There are times I hoped the earpod would leak less... or not leak at all!

Well, music has the ability to boost your mood, make you feel energized, wake you-up, or simply because some of us like to listen to music as much as we can, various genres for different situations of course. Some people use headphones to listen to the news or podcasts as well. 

And of course, I read a lot and I read way better and feel more engaged in my novels when I'm listening to my "suspense-discord-uneasiness playlist". Seriously, I found the perfect mix for any book unless it is crap self-help and happy stuff.

Jun 27, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #161 of 170
Quote:
I don't think that the EarPods are good in any way for "Music"
Muffled.Muffled and Muffled :)

Put some foam pads on them and it turns them into a different animal.    Doesn't compete with good IEM's but they're not IEM's, nor are they earbuds.   They kinda sit in the middle between those two.   But at 30 bucks, when you don't want to be super isolated, with the foamies installed, they're pretty good.

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #164 of 170
Free is the only reasonable price for these. They sound like the old $15 Sony or Phillips headphones I used to get at department stores back in the late 90's.

Jan 10, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #165 of 170
I just got these from the apple store expecting to get some shoddy quality. Instead I'm getting one of the best enjoyments of music theough the earpods. Heck, it even beats the bose ie2's I have that I thought were an open design because oIthe fake looking grills; turns out they're not. My main portable rig is a Shozy Alien and an ER4S, but it seems my ultra portable rig would be my samsung galaxy ace 2x and apple earpods. If my earpods break I'll be going for amazon's fire phone earbuds that have a similar design. Did I mention I can sleep with these? I just hope these don't break anytime soon, I don't like the idea of the earpods having paper drivers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back