Earplugs
Apr 19, 2019 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

JustASnack

New Head-Fier
What earplugs do y'all use for going to concerts and such?

I spent a long time using the Flare Isolates however I just bought some Rooth C&P earplugs from Massdrop on a whim and I'm amazed at how better they are at maintaining the world's EQ whilst attennuating to crazy good levels! I haven't used them at a concert yet, but I'll report back on my thoughts once I have! So far I'm pleasantly surprised with my purchase :)

Apr 19, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 17
I use UE Microsonic Earplugs, soft silicone based on my ear impressions. Got the -25db and -15db and have been using the -15db primarily. Used them at concerts, loud movies, and then plop in my UE18+ if it want to drown out the world.

Apr 19, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #4 of 17
I also have the Etymotic ER-20 High Fidelity. Personally, I can't recommend them. They're only comfortable in my left ear; in my right they're uncomfortable-to-painful and I can't consistently get a good seal. I wore them a couple nights ago at a metal show and my right ear felt like I hadn't been wearing any protection at all-- I was half deaf for 24 hours afterward. The mildly annoying part is that I was able to get a good seal during the opening act, but took them out between acts and then couldn't get them to seal again. This is the second time I've worn them to a show with similar results; I'll be looking for something else for my next concert.

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 17
How could I forget. The ER-20s were also my first purchase in high-fidelity earplugs. I bloody hated the things. Both sizes were extremely uncomfortable to wear and the clarity was horrible. I found it difficult to make out even the most obvious melodies at concerts. All I got was a mufflingly loud bass sound compared to everything else.

Apr 23, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #7 of 17
I recently realized that Custom Art offers custom silicone earplugs for $36!! Great Googly Moogly!
I have no idea if they're "hi-fi" or just regular noise attenuating.

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #10 of 17
I own the Etymotics earplugs and the Earasers hi fidelity earplugs.

Both work nice.

Earasers lets voices through better for non-concert usage.

Earasers have a unique silicone fit that is much much more comfortable.

I highly suggest the Earasers.

Mar 15, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #11 of 17
I tried the ety plugs but I'm not a fan of the fit.

But I second the Earasers (same company as Inearz iirc). I carry them on my keychain with a couple aleeve or advil. Used at shows, racetracks and even 4+ hour roadtrips.

PhotoGrid_1479597494912.jpg

Last edited:
May 17, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #13 of 17
The eargasm plugs looks like the Similar designed ear plugs I had in the Air Force Working the flightline around bombers In the 90s. Is there just an earplug version that’s not made for some sounds to get through. Really would like a set like that for my job

May 17, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #14 of 17
The eargasm plugs looks like the Similar designed ear plugs I had in the Air Force Working the flightline around bombers In the 90s. Is there just an earplug version that’s not made for some sounds to get through. Really would like a set like that for my job

Maybe Westone can? They do a similar style ear plug with 3 different -db levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back