Headphoneus Supremus
May 12, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 20
1 word:

Ety ER-20

ok so it is 2 words, sorta . . .
biggrin.gif

I never go to a show without them.

May 12, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 20
I usually don't wear earplugs to a concert but if I were sitting close to the speaker stacks, I would opt too. For ear plugs, I use these.

The gel type look kinda weird but they do the job and are cheaper than the Etys or you can get the foam ones.

May 12, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #7 of 20
ok i hear a lot of ER-20, anyone tried the Alpine Music Safe's? they are 3 x the cost ($30) or so, and are wondering if they are any better than the ER-20...

May 13, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #10 of 20
I use the Alpine MusicSafe Pro. They really are neat and do wonders to prevent me from going deaf at concerts. The nice thing about them is that you can trim the silicone a bit so it fits better and is less protruding. If you buy them, just go ahead and stick with the gold filters. The sound isn't perfect, but I don't think it is with any ear plug. You have to expect a slight muffle just because the outer ear conducts the low frequencies still. I highly recommend the Alpine. Comes with a neat case and an earplug applicator.

May 13, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #11 of 20
ER-20 here as well. Got a pair free from work, but imo definitely worth the $10 they cost on amazon. They dont muffle sound, just attenuate by a 10 or so dB. A good seal is crucial!

May 13, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #12 of 20
I just use the disposable foamies from the drug store - they work well enough. I use them when seeing a friend's band rehearse, put them under the headset at the range and use them when I run power tools. They work fine and I like being able to toss them and not worry about losing them.

May 13, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #13 of 20
I also use the alpine earplugs and I have to say they work really well, don't stick out of the ear and reduce the volume to much more comfortable levels. I'm always amazed when I take them out how loud the music at concerts and clubs is. For my wife they are a godsend as after concerts she did have ringing ears and had trouble getting to sleep but since using them she hasn't had any problems. The alpines come with 3 different filters but like mikaronni I also use the gold filters, and the carry case is very useful.

I can't compare to the ER-20's as I don't have them but alot of people recommend them as well so they must be good.

May 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM Post #14 of 20
Another ER20 user here. I have two pairs: one in my bag which follows me to wherever I go, the other one stays at home as backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back