Earphones/headphones - looking for versatility
May 2, 2015 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

DanMach

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm hoping to make use of the knowledge of people who know a hell of a lot more about headphones than I do. I recently had a pair of Sennheiser CX-300s that had one bud conk out on me after about 3 years, and I'm looking for something new. I thought the Sennheisers were good, but I'm a little bummed about the short life since I take great care of them. I've always enjoyed in-ears, but I'm open to headphones if that best fits my needs/price range.

I listen to all kinds of music, so I'm looking for an all-around performer. I'd be willing to spend up to 150 or so for a clear upgrade in quality, but would like to settle in somewhere in the 75-100 range. Suggestions would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

May 2, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 20
Check this out:

Woot.com has the Onkyo ES-CTI300(BS) On-Ear Headphones with Control Talk for iOS Devices with Hi-Fi Cable - Black/Silver

For $59

Pretty great deal.

$65 shipped. Here's a review of the same headphone with a regular cable:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/delightful-onkyo-es-fc300-and-es-hf300

The Woot deal will go pretty fast at that price. One day only sale.

May 2, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #5 of 20
You'd have to check their website and see. I generally don't check to see if websites ship to Canada because I live in the US :wink:

May 4, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #12 of 20
That they are. Shures have a sound which I'd describe as dark (bass heavy, decent mids and rolled off highs). The RHAs will be a lot clearer and less bassy than the Senns (not by much though) while the 215s will be as bass heavy with the CX300ii with better bass texture and quality with somewhat less clear and more rolled off highs (which you might prefer depending on your tolerance to treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back