Earphones for psychedelic trance and chillout trance
Jul 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

vausham

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys.. I am thinking of buying new IEM in the range on 150 $  or less. I currently have Sennheiser CX300 II, but want to see better earphones. The music I am looking forward to enjoy on new earphones is Psychedelic trance, Chillout trance and may be some rock bands of 70s.

Can you guys help me out with some recommendations. More I read about different IEMs more I am getting confused and nowhere finalizing the earphone. I have looked in for Shure 215/315, Ultimate Ears 600. But I am looking for something that is perfect for my music choice... :)

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 9
For trance you say.

Oh that's an easy one.

Yamaha EPH-100, im a trancehead and always use them for it.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-EPH-100SL-Inner-Ear-Headphone/dp/B00591GIMY

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #5 of 9
As on now I am using ipod and my mobile phone for music. May be next buy :)

By the way I was checking on Amazon.. the difference between Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 and Yamaha EPH-100 is $50... Any idea whether it would be better than Yamaha or it depends on the music?

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #6 of 9
It would depend on the music, i have the super fi 5 pro and it'll have a better top end but it's a balanced armature, whilst the yamaha is a dynamic iem.

But for your choice in music, id still pick the yamaha.

I have more detailed, and technically better iem's here, but for dubstep/trance and edm the yamaha is one tough iem to beat.

It has a spatial and 3d presentation, what this means for trance is it'll put you deeper into the music, when you hear an echo you will really hear it and feel it.

The music will envelop you, these iem's you can just plug in and relax with and no have to focus on unlike some i have.

The sound signature is laid back, sometimes veiled but this is good, it takes the edge off on what you're listening to.

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
No worries, they're the best for trance/edm i've listened to.

Player wise they go well with the sansa clip/fuze but my favourite is the rocoo d.

Double this. The only iem I've heard that outdoes the EPH-100 at trance is the FX700.

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Double this. The only iem I've heard that outdoes the EPH-100 at trance is the FX700.

Indeed, i was thinking about the FXD80 as it's one amazing iem for the price.

But he said trance hence the EPH-100, the 80's would be another excellent choice, and be the more capable everywhere else of course.

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 9
@Huxley Thanks again for such detailed view of the IEM. As an amateur I have very less idea of the specs involved and the differences. But now I can understand from this post that it is something I would surely like. Will be going for Yamaha EPH-100.

@eke2k6 You made deciding even more easy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back