Earphones for Around $70
Nov 4, 2008 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

LeonWho

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a pair of earphones (canalphones or IEM's) to replace my current pair of Creative EP630's.

I listen to a lot of alternative rock and punk rock, and quite a bit of pop rock too. I might also occasionally listen to some jazz or soundtrack music.

Sound isolation is quite important because I will be doing most of my listening on a loud school bus. Durability is also somewhat important.

The budget is slightly flexible, but I don't want to go over 80 dollars if possible. As always, the cheaper the better.

The earphones I'm looking at right now are the Denon AH-C551 at Amazon.com for $50 (+ $20 in Comply Tips). Another option is the SoundMagic PL30 for $40 (at a reputable dealer). Anything better for me?

Thanks a lot!
Leon

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #5 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by misterDX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anything is better than those 2 you listsed, you should choose entry IEMs. again, do ur own research

Actually, the C551s are excellent IEMs for the price. What don't you like about them?

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #9 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonWho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any other opinions?

How are the Altec Lansing inMotion iM716?

Loved them until they broke. Instrument separation and detail was amazing. I have a pair of e4cs and miss then dearly. If you get them make sure to get some filters and maybe some tips. Isolation was great with them as well. Midrange felt a bit recessed with them so it really depends on what kind of music you like.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #11 of 63
So I guess the final question is:

Altec Lansing inMotion im716 vs. Denon AH-C551 with Comply Tips

Pow!

Who wins?
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #12 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, the C551s are excellent IEMs for the price. What don't you like about them?

actually, c551 is incomparable to im716, what makes you think are they in the same leaque in the first place?

and im716 also improves dramatically with an amp. but fllo is more like **** than anything else though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back