Earphones for around $60?
Nov 17, 2009 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nickr917

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I have recently gone through three pairs of earphones for my iPod after I destroyed earphones that came with my iPod. I am now looking for a pair for around $60 that will not break as the other three pairs I have gone through recently have. I listen mostly to hardcore and metal but also some stuff like Dashboard Confessional, so a pretty broad range of sounds. I do like a lot of bass but not to the point where it is no longer defined and becomes muddied together.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 9
I had Sony "High Performance Earbuds", Skullcandy Full Metal Jackets, and Altec Lansing Back Beat Plus's. I didn't particularly like the sound quality of any of them, although the Altec's were the best.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #5 of 9
I second the im-590

also your buds are probably breaking because you aren't treating them great, treat the cable with care. if what ever you buy doesn't come with a case at least use a altiods tin or something for what ever you get.

I also listen to a lot metal, and I'm really liking my im-590s I have a review up for them on these forums, and there is probably a couple more floating around here, or on the interwebs.

to address the bass directly: I really like it with the im-590s, if its their you notice, but in no way is it over-powerful. It also usually has a really nice sound to it, I think.

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #8 of 9
I have seen a lot of reviews of the Klipsch S4's also, are they significantly better than the IM-590's or the NE-7's? Would they sound good with the type of music I like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back