Earphones around $150, Please Help ASAP!
Nov 19, 2008 at 7:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Zhdude

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I want to spend around $150 on earphones, right now I can get the Klipsch Custom-3 for 150, Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 EB... What do you guys suggest? What I care about is the least amount of microphonics, and great sound, and comfort. I def. want noise isolation. I'd prefer if the cable is detachable. I'll be walking around with them, in NYC so just need atleast decent noise isolation. Please respond soon. Thanks for the help.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 19
Considering that deal is so good for custom 3s I would go with those without even having tried them.

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 19
But in regards of the least microphonics, which are better, UE or Klipsch? I really hate microphonics, so I want the ones with the least.

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 19
I just got the red Etymotic HF5, and the microphonics are surprisingly minimal, even with foam tips (which are worse on cable noise than silicone tips) and without the wires over the ear. The cable is very lightweight and not overly long.

They are also very comfortable using the Ety foams or Shure black foams.

As most Etymotic earphones, they seat very deeply, so the isolation is top-notch.

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 19
I wouldn't go for the good deal right away (Well actually I am haha... probably will order the 10X's); good headphone models last. Just look at Grado, they've had the same designs for what, over 10 years now?
I would suggest first making sure if the UE Super.Fi are perfect for your "tastes", and if not, then looking at the C3's.

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 19
I think it's also important to consider how successful the company is with their higher-end earphone models. (UE)
I might have to look the UE 5's up again... to see if I'll be missing out ;P

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #7 of 19
just curious, what kind of a price are you getting on the UE 5 EB's?

EDIT: yeah. I'm new here member1982. :p

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But are they better with microphonics then the Ultimate Ears? I really hate microphonics, so I want the ones with the least.

dont mind the microphonics my self i seem to go past it and doesnt really distract me at all i know i got the king of microphoics the ER6i (without using the shirt clip). I get use to it

There is an edit button you know toxic888 :p

Nov 20, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #10 of 19
You can get the super.fi eb's for 155 on most sites. I think i'm a try out the klipsch because I'm a huge fan of their speakers. And they are very easy on returns. But I will post a solid review on them, because all the reviews don't go into depth that well.

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #11 of 19
I have the UE Super.fi 5 EB, and I'll be receiving my Klipsch Image X10's sometime today.

I'll give a comparison between the two once I've had time to listen to both side by side.

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #12 of 19
Etys er-4 is too much money. Cheapest you can get them is 200 +

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #13 of 19
According to dfkt, the Phonak Audeo PFE (Perfect Fit Earphones) are pretty much the best you can get at that price. He even gave them editor's choice.

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #14 of 19
You also can consider the Ultimate Ears Super Fi.5. They are (according a lot of people) better than the Fi.5 pro while they have approx the same price as the Fi.5EB. Unfortunately you can't replace the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back