Earphones around 100$ to match with FiiO E5 and mobile phone
post-7406010
Post #1 of 4

WindCatcher

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hello to all,
I would like to start listen to music from a -new level of detail- point of view, so I plan to purchase the FiiO E5 headphone amplifier to match with my mobile phone and now I'm looking for a pair of earphones that would match this stuff. This is the first step, so the bugdet isn't so large, just around 100 $.

I mostly listen to instrumental rock and instrumental acoustic and i'm looking to a pair of earphones that delivers an extremely neutral and high-fidelity sound: i would like that each instrument sounds crisp and crystal clear alone, so that I strictly hear the borders of each sound. The thing I would like to avoid is to hear a sound with shaded edges or too warm, in a way that the result will not flickery but enough "frozen" and stable.

Or this would be the idea, seen in the perspective of the budget. So, if you would like to help me, i'm in your hands! Any idea?

post-7406872
Post #2 of 4

IpodHappy

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
post-7407487
Post #3 of 4

WindCatcher

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi IpodHappy and thank you for you answer. I have been using a pair of cheap Sennheiser (unfortunately i can't find out which model it is) that sound quite clear and natural in my opinion. For home listening I use AKG K940 FC, but I'm totally disappointed with the wireless headphones audio quality...about Etymotics, which models did you mean?
Going around I found Bose IE2 and new Sony MDR-EX510LP  Premium EX Earbuds, what do you think about?

post-7411247
Post #4 of 4

WindCatcher

New Head-Fier
Reaction score

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindCatcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would like that each instrument sounds crisp and crystal clear alone, so that I strictly hear the borders of each sound. The thing I would like to avoid is to hear a sound with shaded edges or too warm, in a way that the result will not flickery but enough "frozen" and stable.

With this characteristic, what about Etymotics hf5 and Ultimate Ears 700?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)