Earphone with Noise-Cancelling below $85?
Jun 11, 2012 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

elsa9711

New Head-Fier
My choice is only limited to Sennheiser, Beats, Phillips and Skullcandy (My country only sold them). I know beats are not a very good choice, they are overpriced with that kind of quality. And Skullcandy? It doesn't match for my mom. Yes, I want to buy one for my mom, she's 40 and likes, mostly Jazz and some nice old songs (like Natalie Cole, Quincy Jones, or Earth Wind and Fire). She hates noises, especially while travelling, so I decided to buy her a pair of earphone that has a Noise-Cancelling, comfortable, and nice/warm bass within it's price that won't made my wallet screaming.

Right now I'm thinking about Sennheiser, they are a good manufacturer but I also thinking about Phillips, but I don't really know if they had any Noise-Cancelling technology like Sennheiser.

I hope you can help me make a decision, and I am thanked for your reply! If the similar thread are already discussed, please send me the link. Thank you :)

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 3
Noise-canceling or just the ability to block out all outside sounds for a peaceful listening experience? Active noise-canceling is an electronic process that changes the sound of the music a bit. Passive noise isolation is essentially like using ear plugs.

I recommend the Etymotic HF2/3/5 at around $90 used. It's great for Jazz and has top-class noise isolation.

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 3
You should also include the Comply NR-10 In Ear Headphones.

They advertise a blocking ability of 29db.

They sound OK for the 58 bucks I paid for them.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back