Earphone/Earbud/IEM Recommendations for Classical?
Sep 20, 2017 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ClassicalEnthusiast

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, newbie here. I've been a lurker for about a week now and it seems that the best earbuds for under $150 are the 1More Triple Drivers, however I've also read people saying that while they're insane value for money, it's been designed for more bassy, punchy music rather than classical (with a slightly weak high-range) - is this true, and if so what would be your sub-$150 earbud (or IEM/earphone, I don't know the difference) recommendation for classical, specifically one that is able to distinguish very well between different instruments at all pitches?

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 11
Hey guys, newbie here. I've been a lurker for about a week now and it seems that the best earbuds for under $150 are the 1More Triple Drivers, however I've also read people saying that while they're insane value for money, it's been designed for more bassy, punchy music rather than classical (with a slightly weak high-range) - is this true, and if so what would be your sub-$150 earbud (or IEM/earphone, I don't know the difference) recommendation for classical, specifically one that is able to distinguish very well between different instruments at all pitches?

Your characterization of the 1More's signature is fairly accurate, IMO. A very good alternative would be the 1More Quad Driver--a bit over your budget, but well worth it. It is better extended on top and slightly more detailed. Instrument separation is excellent. It is worth a look. You might also consider an RHA MA750. It is an excellent IEM, IMO. Worth checking out, definitely.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 11
I've heard good things about the 1More Quad Driver, definitely worth a look

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 11
The Quad Driver is too expensive for me if I'm honest. Would you say the RHA MA750 is better than the 1More Triple Driver, I thought the consensus was that it's worse, or were you referring specifically to my desired sound signature for classical?

Sep 25, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #9 of 11
I am a big classical buff (more orchestral rather than baroque/chamber stuff, though), and i find the sound signatures of the Shures does a very good job with recreating the timbre and acoustics of music as heard in a concert hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back