Earpad bags?
Jul 12, 2022 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dstarr3

1000+ Head-Fier
When I buy earpads from Brainwavz for example, they come packaged in a simple little vinyl pouch that zips shut. In my experience, pretty much all the cheap Chinese earpad brands use these. Does anyone know where I can buy these bags in bulk? They're pretty useful, I just don't want to have to buy earpads every time I need just the bag, lol

Jul 18, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #2 of 2
Are you talking about Zip Locks? Those "pouches" are available everywhere. The difference between what you might by at the grocery store and what you may find as parts bags are the thickness. Grocery store zip lock bags are on the order of 1 mil. Industrial parts bags can go all the way up to 6 and 8 mil and can hold heavy steel parts. Beezar Audio (my MOT store) uses 4 mil bags for all of my kits and parts. That's more or the less the same as I've seen used for headphone ear pad packaging.

This Uline page may explain it better:
https://www.uline.com/Grp_5/Reclosable-Poly-Bags

They're an industrial/commercial shipping supplier, so you'd have to buy in huge quantities from them. I'd suggest looking on ebay or Amazon. There are plenty of places where you can buy much thicker zip locks than they have at the grocery store. The thickness makes all the difference.

P.S. If that's not the type of pouch you're looking for, try poking around a little more on Uline or Amazon. I'm sure you'll find something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back