EarMen Sparrow
Feb 19, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #198 of 354
Here is a cable I tried just today that works well with my iPhone 12 Mini.. No more clicks, or pops, or hard clipping sounds, and sudden stopping, and weird volume changes..

Attachments

• 01802217-1883-408B-94B0-100C544E7B99.jpeg
    01802217-1883-408B-94B0-100C544E7B99.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 0
Feb 23, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #199 of 354
I picked up my Sparrow today. Got lots of emi noises but only sometimes.
The supplied usb cable dont even work but I have others that I can use. Compared to the Lotoo S1 I could immediately hear a bigger soundstage.

Feb 24, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #200 of 354
I've got my Sparrow coming soon. I'm worried about the EMI noise mentioned on here. I understand swapping the cable is the cure? What cable should I be looking at to connect to a Samsung S7 Edge? I'm in Jersey, Channel Islands, so would prefer to buy from within the UK.

Why didn't Earmen notice this problem?

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #202 of 354
Hi. I received my Tr-Amp and Sparrow today. I can only get sound out of either using Foobar and setting it to the correct output. Despite having the laptop set to XMOS USB Audio output and the volume turned up, nothing else works, YouTube, MPG's, anything. Plugging my iFi iDSD Signature back in, everything works fine.

On the same laptop, I have used a Questyle QP1R, an IBasso DX200 and a couple of FiiO DAP's as DAC's and all have performed faultlessly. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #203 of 354
Hi. I received my Tr-Amp and Sparrow today. I can only get sound out of either using Foobar and setting it to the correct output. Despite having the laptop set to XMOS USB Audio output and the volume turned up, nothing else works, YouTube, MPG's, anything. Plugging my iFi iDSD Signature back in, everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Did you install the drivers? By any chance, it could be allowed on Exclusive mode in Windows Audio settings. This should typically not happen, but it may help solve the problem.

Check windows, device properties for audio, Advanced and check how the exclusive mode is configured.

Feb 26, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #204 of 354
Thanks for the reply. I did install the drivers and the sound output was set to XMOS USB Audio. The two other outputs being Panasonic TV and Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio), my laptop's internal speakers. So why do my iFi iDSD Signature and FiiO M11 Pro in DAC mode work with any sound source?

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #205 of 354
Thanks for the reply. I did install the drivers and the sound output was set to XMOS USB Audio. The two other outputs being Panasonic TV and Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio), my laptop's internal speakers. So why do my iFi iDSD Signature and FiiO M11 Pro in DAC mode work with any sound source?

My M11 PRO works with everything too. It is a miss why TR-AMP wouldn't work like that :frowning2:

Most probably it is reverting wrong between ASIO and WASAPI and F2K outputs to just one

Maybe you could make a ticket with them, should be able to help

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #210 of 354
RDMSXIw.jpg

After using this little guy for over 5 months, I decided to release a short write-up about it. The whole iBasso SR2 review was based on my experience through the Sparrow.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/earmen-sparrow.24560/reviews#review-25408

Despite several people reporting EMI noise with it, I never had such a problem. Whether this is because dealers abroad include different cables or the original cables are to fault, I do not know, but I do know that I did not hear any audible noise/crackling even after using different cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back