EarMen Sparrow
Nov 10, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #63 of 354
Mine is silent when hanging down.
May be it is phone dependant.

I use an iPhone 11 and I have had it hanging down, but there would still be phone signals coming in. Same as with the iFi Hip Dac. Both resolved with putting the phone on flightmode, though that’s not practical on te move. Don’t have this issue with the Fiio BTR5 with flightmode off.

I wonder if it can be resolved by some case of a certain material. Any input on this matter is welcome.

Nov 10, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #67 of 354
I use an iPhone 11 and I have had it hanging down, but there would still be phone signals coming in. Same as with the iFi Hip Dac. Both resolved with putting the phone on flightmode, though that’s not practical on te move. Don’t have this issue with the Fiio BTR5 with flightmode off.

I wonder if it can be resolved by some case of a certain material. Any input on this matter is welcome.
Copper tape might help (haven’t tried it myself). Doubles as a slug repellent:)

Copper Foil Tape (2inch X 33 FT) with Conductive Adhesive for Guitar and EMI Shielding, Slug Repellent, Crafts, Electrical Repairs, Grounding https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07C6YLNYL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_sDOQFb2EYA8JS

Nov 15, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #70 of 354
Hello, everybody.

Here is my humble opinion about this fabulous little sound device.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/earmen-sparrow.24560/reviews#item-review-24745

I hope you like it!

EarMen Sparrow 07_resize.jpg

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #71 of 354
I finally purchased the Sparrow and am very pleased with the sound. There is some static when used with an iPhone but only when first plugged in and not during playback. However, I am having an issue with the connection to the balanced output — it appears to be very sensitive to the position of the headphone plug. It doesn’t fit perfectly snugly and any lateral movement causes the left channel to cut out. I use the same balanced cable and headphones with two other DACs and have no issues with them. Is this normal or should I try to get it replaced?

Nov 18, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #73 of 354
Hi there.
Have you updated to the new firmware?
It fixes static problems.

Can you post a photo of your cable plug?
If it is flat at the end of the barrel then it will not fit well because the hole at the Sparrow has some kind of a rounded edge to it.
Yes, it’s the latest firmware available on the website. A picture of the plug is attached.
F1576949-7FC9-451C-BD72-87C96B7AFECA.jpeg

Nov 19, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #75 of 354

Users who are viewing this thread

Back