EarMen Colibri
Oct 5, 2021 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 168

Miroslav EarMen

Member of the Trade: EarMen
Regards to all,

We are proud to inform you that EarMen will soon launch Sparrow on steroids, called Colibri. In addition to the many small portable devices on the market, EarMen wants to set standards. Our team has specially designed a balanced, battery-powered device small in size but strong in performance, which will give you a unique experience like never before.

EarMen Colibri.jpg

Stay Tuned...

Oct 5, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 168
Regards to all,

We are proud to inform you that EarMen will soon launch Sparrow on steroids, called Colibri. In addition to the many small portable devices on the market, EarMen wants to set standards. Our team has specially designed a balanced, battery-powered device small in size but strong in performance, which will give you a unique experience like never before.

EarMen Colibri.jpg

Stay Tuned...
Woah, that looks fire! :fire::fire:

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 168
Regards to all,

Stay Tuned...
This could be exciting! Looking forward to the release. Any hint as to when the Colibri will come out, and price? What about output power? Only 4.4 or will it also have 3.5?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 168
Very interested in this one!

Oct 5, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #6 of 168
Regards to all,

Stay Tuned...
OK, Now you've got my attention! Every thought I've been entertaining about every other device in this category has been suspended and my wallet is for the moment closed. Tell us more. Yes, please tell us more... Release ETA, Playtime, Output Power, etc?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #7 of 168
Everything EarMen makes sounds awesome. This is very interesting.

Oct 5, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #8 of 168
Regards to all,

EarMen Colibri.jpg

Stay Tuned...
1up the Sparrow? More specs please.

Oct 5, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #10 of 168
Since it will certainly cost more than the sparrow, I am out.
Cost is relative to both affordability (which again is relative to each individual) and value (what value is received for the cost, again relative to an individual’s specific needs and what they value and how that compares to other options). Maybe we should wait for details on what the cost will be and the full range of features? Just a thought.

Oct 5, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #11 of 168
Interested, but my ears bleed with ESS Sabre based chips and brighter IEM's. Why there are no AKM based similar dongles, the only one that I know is Lotoo S1 which to my ears sets the bar for the rest of the dongles, but unfortunately is very prone to RFI noise

Oct 5, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #13 of 168
There was a fire on the AKM factory, so AKM based products might not be available in the near future. Most companies are going with ESS and some with Cirrus Logic.
That's unfortunate, I'm yet to hear good ESS implementation, the ones that I've tried makes my tinnitus worse after short listening sessions. Can't stand any glare/shrill ;/

Oct 5, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #14 of 168
Cost is relative to both affordability (which again is relative to each individual) and value (what value is received for the cost, again relative to an individual’s specific needs and what they value and how that compares to other options). Maybe we should wait for details on what the cost will be and the full range of features? Just a thought.
I don't need to wait, if it is in fact >$200. I don't care if it does dishes too, I won't spend more than the price of a Modius for a dongle. But you certainly can. Note that I said I in my original post.

Oct 5, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #15 of 168
Interested, but my ears bleed with ESS Sabre based chips and brighter IEM's. Why there are no AKM based similar dongles, the only one that I know is Lotoo S1 which to my ears sets the bar for the rest of the dongles, but unfortunately is very prone to RFI noise

FiiOs btr3k has dual AKMs for 2.5 balanced out. It's still pretty neutral and also capped to 16 bit, but I have not felt the need to upgrade to BTR5 since it ships with ESS dacs and I only use it for budget IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back