Descended from the Heavens, the EarMen Angel Arrives @HeadAmp, Pre-Orders Now Open!
May 19, 2022 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17
angl-1.jpg

Angel is EarMen's all new portable Fully Balanced Hi-Res DAC/ Headphone Amplifier and Pre-Amp.
With single-ended and balanced outputs able to operate either at line-level or variable-out, the Angel is perfect for enjoying at home and on the go. A Sabre ES9038Q2M DAC sits at its core, feeding into a custom balanced topology designed from the ground up, capable of a maximum output of 8.5Vrms with an astonishingly low 0.002% THD! Thanks to an efficient dual-cell high-output battery cell, enjoy plenty of power for even the most difficult-to-drive headphones without worrying about battery life.

Be sure to pre-order yours today for immediate shipment upon release!
angel-lfe-1.jpg

Last edited:
HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
May 19, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 17
This looks great

May 29, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #9 of 17
I'd be keen to hear how this compares to the Dethonray Honey (as well as the IFI micro signature).

I've had a disaster with my Honey. The USBC port broke and then my device got lost in the mail on its way to Dethonray for repair. I'm now in the market for a replacement. At the moment it looks like a choice between the Angel or just getting a replacement Honey... unless Dethonray decide to release a Honey H2, which would really spice up the market!

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #10 of 17
I'd be keen to hear how this compares to the Dethonray Honey (as well as the IFI micro signature).

I've had a disaster with my Honey. The USBC port broke and then my device got lost in the mail on its way to Dethonray for repair. I'm now in the market for a replacement. At the moment it looks like a choice between the Angel or just getting a replacement Honey... unless Dethonray decide to release a Honey H2, which would really spice up the market!
I might be able to help with that would you find it relevant to have a comparison to something like the XDSD Griffin as well

May 30, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #11 of 17
I might be able to help with that would you find it relevant to have a comparison to something like the XDSD Griffin as well
Thank you - much appreciated.

I'm not personally considering the Gryphon as an option as I'm not looking to connect via Bluetooth. Someone else may benefit, and if you have the means and time to do that comparison too, I'm sure they'd be grateful.

May 30, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #12 of 17
Cheap as borscht

May 30, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #13 of 17
Thank you - much appreciated.

I'm not personally considering the Gryphon as an option as I'm not looking to connect via Bluetooth. Someone else may benefit, and if you have the means and time to do that comparison too, I'm sure they'd be grateful.
Well, I believe it’s more than just a Bluetooth all in one I’m actually really impressed with how well it works wired

It’s possible that I may not be able to compare with iDSD Signature but I will be able to compare it to Diablo and Gryphon which sit above and below that price point

May 30, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #14 of 17
Well, I believe it’s more than just a Bluetooth all in one I’m actually really impressed with how well it works wired

It’s possible that I may not be able to compare with iDSD Signature but I will be able to compare it to Diablo and Gryphon which sit above and below that price point
Ah - I see. In that case it will be helpful. The Gryphon, Diablo and Signature all share the same DAC so presumably they'll sound similar

May 30, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #15 of 17
Ah - I see. In that case it will be helpful. The Gryphon, Diablo and Signature all share the same DAC so presumably they'll sound similar
What headphones are you using? Going to sit down with iDSD Signature now actually! An I'll circle back to Diablo & Gryphon shortly after haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back