Early 2018 Florida Meet [Planning in Progress]
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #76 of 216
Yes I've used discord.
But with Slack people have to signup (doubtful), they have to subscribe (doubtful), they have to enable notifications (doubtful, since they can click one button in this thread to have notifications/subscriptions turned on), they have to download an app on their phone after all of this (highly unlikely).

Additionally nobody really uses Slack for anything else, which is why Whatsapp/Telegram would be better for those genuinely interested in being part of a chat.
Everyone else won't read this thread if they aren't very interested and using slack just adds additional complication to effectively give everyone the same features as here.

I for one am not going to join the slack group and add another app to my phone to check just for this thread. I'll use headFi instead.
Ok I guess that makes sense, maybe I just don't understand how to use Telegram well. PM me your contact info (or post it publicly I guess if you want) when you're able to so I can create a group (because I can't create one without adding another contact, which I have none).

Also do a lot of people use Telegram? I haven't heard of it before you mentioned it just now.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #78 of 216
Please keep me updated here in this thread on Head-Fi. I should be able to attend on the 28th. When all is finalized, give me time and location.

thank you.

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #79 of 216
We have a room reserved now! The meet is scheduled to be on October 28th from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm at the Chickasaw public library.

Here's a google maps link to the library: https://goo.gl/maps/CdNEzRtJ48q

Additionally, if anybody new happens to see this and wants to come, just comment in thread if you will be bringing anything.

Shout out to Andrew Lutchman for living in Orlando and driving to a library to get a card and reserve the room.

A Few Things of Note:
  • The library only offers free wi-fi to those who have a library card, all day wi-fi access is $5, though Jim is bring a router which may make that moot point.
  • At some point I'd like to have everyone chip in for the price of the room, It's not much at all it'll be $50. We have 5 people already confirmed so at most you can expect to pay $10.
  • I suggest bringing your own extension cords as I'm unsure whether the library will be able to supply those.

Oct 4, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #80 of 216
Hey guys. I'm subscribed. I'm from Raleigh, NC. Going to be in Orlando 10/24 to 11/2. I'm going to see if I can make it to this shindig. I have to clear that with Julie the Cruise Director (old guy reference). I have a bunch of portable daps and IEM that always make the trip with me. I may bring some over ear headphones too. I'll let you know if I'm in.

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #81 of 216
Hey guys. I'm subscribed. I'm from Raleigh, NC. Going to be in Orlando 10/24 to 11/2. I'm going to see if I can make it to this shindig. I have to clear that with Julie the Cruise Director (old guy reference). I have a bunch of portable daps and IEM that always make the trip with me. I may bring some over ear headphones too. I'll let you know if I'm in.
Cool! I'm all for it, if you're able you can just show up whenever. Because of the library policy we're not allowed to make it a limited event so technically anyone could show up.

I've really wanted to try the SE530 and a lot of your other stuff I haven't really heard much about so it will be interesting to see.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #82 of 216
Some odd questions: What type of tables are in that room (i.e. are they sturdy, or just folding tables?) Also, you mentioned bringing extension chords.. how many power outlets are there, and how are they positioned relative to the tables?

I'll definitely be present, and already have taken time off from work for this meet.

Thank you for organizing!

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #83 of 216
Here is a link to the room: https://www.ocls.info/rooms-studios/chickasaw-branch/combined-co-working-room

I just called the branch. The tables are sturdy and can be positioned any way we'd like. There are 4 outlets, so 8 plug-ins. I forgot to ask about the outlet positioning but it looks like they are along the wall so I'll bring a few extension cords and power strips.

Also, food IS permitted.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #84 of 216
Perfect. I'll bring some power equipment also then.

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #85 of 216
Thanks Andrew, I'm in class so I couldn't answer immediately.
The room might be a bit snug depending on how many people show up but it should be perfectly fine to bring basically any equipment you'd like (besides speakers). :)

tumblr_onhikzP9q91tpip5go1_250.gif

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #86 of 216
No worries. I asked about upgrading to the 60 member room (same price) but they were booked for the 28th. If we find out that more will attend, we can always chose another location nearby that has a bigger room available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back