Early 2018 Florida Meet [Planning in Progress]
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #19 of 216
I tried to get to the document but there was a google docs error.
If you just say what days you're able to do something like this (like weekends or able to ask for specific days off) for September, Oct, Nov, and Dec I can put you in the spreadsheet. Or try another link, I won't hyper link this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tek-NWuZkdu8A5JewWgGRp615KjbzuKl8oIgWozb59s/edit?usp=sharing

As for the spreadsheet I added a new column with whether you plan to bring gear (and what if you feel like telling us) to gauge the size of a space we may potentially need. Make sure you add your name guys! We got 4 people so far :)

I'm thinking if we're able, somewhere in Orlando might be an "ideal" central location that everyone has a similar driving distance (unless you live in Orlando obviously).

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #20 of 216
If you just say what days you're able to do something like this (like weekends or able to ask for specific days off) for September, Oct, Nov, and Dec I can put you in the spreadsheet. Or try another link, I won't hyper link this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tek-NWuZkdu8A5JewWgGRp615KjbzuKl8oIgWozb59s/edit?usp=sharing

As for the spreadsheet I added a new column with whether you plan to bring gear (and what if you feel like telling us) to gauge the size of a space we may potentially need. Make sure you add your name guys! We got 4 people so far :)

I'm thinking if we're able, somewhere in Orlando might be an "ideal" central location that everyone has a similar driving distance (unless you live in Orlando obviously).

The thing is I wouldn't be able to drive for a meet.
So it has to be somewhere local to me.
I have a 16 month old and I own a software company that has constant demands on me, a couple years ago sure but not these days.
My wife works full time as-well, this is partially why I offer my house because traveling is near impossible for me.

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #21 of 216
Fair enough, honestly I would be totally down to do a south FL meet and then a more Northern FL meet. I'd go to both :p
Of course that means double the planning but I'm ok with that as long as people communicate with me.

Sep 1, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #23 of 216
Miami would be quite a stretch for me. I'd have to bring my wife along with me and her apathy towards sound quality would mean I'd be very short on the hanging out/socializing in regards to the entire purpose of me going. It would also likely have to be turned into a full weekend which has big potential to become very expensive. lol I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I would never be able to be a regular at the meets if they became a regular event and that's where they were hosted.

I definitely don't think there should be a north meetup and a south meetup, though. I was deeply involved in the rotary engine world (for 15ish years) and getting one meeting per month worked about as well as herding cats. (Thankfully I'm out of that world... for now. lol).

Orlando would likely get the best turn out, but it should be expected that not everyone who says they will show up will actually show up.

Sep 1, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #24 of 216
Hey guys! Once upon a time in the not too distant past I set up a meet at a storefront in Orlando, I think the link is still in my sig, if those still work since the update. Unfortunately that place has long gone out of business. I don't have much in the way of gear but I would like to meet up and lend a hand. Weekends are good for me and I don't mind travel much.

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #25 of 216
I don't have much of anything, either. Sennheiser HD558's and an Onkyo mini-cd player - small budget stuff, but I want to get a good feel for the direction in which I want to start upgrading.

Sep 2, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #27 of 216
Hey guys! Once upon a time in the not too distant past I set up a meet at a storefront in Orlando, I think the link is still in my sig, if those still work since the update. Unfortunately that place has long gone out of business. I don't have much in the way of gear but I would like to meet up and lend a hand. Weekends are good for me and I don't mind travel much.
I wish I was in the hobby when that meet was going on, it looks like it was a lot of fun. I wish I could try to pull something together like that but I don't have any connections. We'll see what happens in terms of location, but I would appreciate a little help with at least someone else checking to make sure I don't forget anything important. Not exactly experienced with planning events like this.

Seems that a few of us have issues with traveling far, its the married life I tell you xD
Yeah it does seem that, I can't relate really though. Not yet at least. :p
So, Jimster, I guess we could have the location at your house? I know it's not an ideal drive for those in Jacksonville and I'm sorry about that but no matter where we decide on a location it will kind of exclude some people. I guess the next meet we could try to have a little more north, whenever it may happen.

Created a Google Questionnaire which should be much more organized than the spreadsheet thing I have now. Hopefully more accessible too. --> https://goo.gl/forms/qgHYaCRjxSiI1RPI2

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #30 of 216
Just submitted some more info for the new questionnaire. I noticed some were suggesting Orlando. I will research three public locations here in Orlando that might be able to helps us with the meet. Will keep everybody posted by Wednesday, No promises or guarantees though. Might depend on dates also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back