Earin Announces M-2 Wireless Earbuds @ CES 2017
Jan 4, 2017 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

AxelCloris

Head-Fi TV Producer and Presenter
Administrator
Earin, best known for being one of the first to bring truly wireless in-ears to market, are back at it again with a new model they've dubbed the M-2. Like the M-1 before it, the M-2 is completely wireless, compact and possess their own unique style. The M-2 brings a few new features to the party like touch sensitive controls - located at the outermost tip of the earbud - a built-in microphone for phone calls and voice controls and a new proprietary wireless connection that utilizes dual antennas and a Near Field Magnetic Induction (NFMI) array.

"Our top-notch team of audio, electronic, mechanical and software engineers worked hand-in-hand with our in-house product and antenna designers to create a fashionable 'ear'gonomic design and technology that addresses both wireless stability and audio quality."

Pricing was not made available in the press release but The Verge has reported that they're expected to be available for $249 when the start shipping towards the end of Q1 2017.

For more information be sure to check out the press release here.

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 6
I have little trust in earin and bragi since those companies focused little on sound quality and both received terrible reviews for the slew of problems they had. Hopefully they can make a change for the better

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 6
They look interesting but I think they're just too expensive. They are up against some serious competition from companies such as 1More and V-Moda who are producing some truly excellent wireless headphones. It would be very interesting to try out a pair of these 'earpod' type headphones though. 

Imagine how hacked off you would be if you lost one though!

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 6
  I have little trust in earin and bragi since those companies focused little on sound quality and both received terrible reviews for the slew of problems they had. Hopefully they can make a change for the better

Actually, the Bragi has a decent SQ for a single BA.  Probably one of the best IEMs for swimming.  The problems with pairing and sensitive touch controls settled down with later software updates.  The heart rate never did work well an I doubt that will get fixed as other vendors have found and have abandoned in ear HR sensors.

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 6
Interested.  I'd like to know how well the mic works for phone calls and if there's a pass-through so that you can hear people when you are in the office if you need to.  Also, dual-device connect?

I thought that the Bragi sounded surprisingly clear, despite being bluetooth.  Someday, maybe we can get all wireless without losing clarity.  We're very close, and most people can't tell.  I never heard the M1 because I didn't think it had a mic.  Was it good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back