eargasm warning
Apr 22, 2006 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

nikongod

DIY-ku
well folks it has been a long time cuming, but it happened to me tonight.

im actualy mid eargasm.

music: radiohead kid-a pretty much every track has shown me a new facet that just "clicks" into place so well.

headphones: akg k-240 DF nice and cheap, and comon.

amp: millet hybrid mainboard with buf-634 "daughterboard." no caps in direct signal path.

source: iriver ihp-120 (rockboxed)

Apr 22, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
well folks it has been a long time cuming, but it happened to me tonight.

im actualy mid eargasm.

music: radiohead kid-a pretty much every track has shown me a new facet that just "clicks" into place so well.

headphones: akg k-240 DF nice and cheap, and comon.

amp: millet hybrid mainboard with buf-634 "daughterboard." no caps in direct signal path.

source: iriver ihp-120 (rockboxed)

thats a great pun! kinda gross to imagine but funny
basshead.gif

Apr 22, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 20
Kid A is a classic headphone album.
"Idioteque" and HF-1's is a beautiful thing.

Apr 22, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFxGeforced
thats a great pun! kinda gross to imagine but funny
basshead.gif

You'll have to answer to my harem if that mental image keeps me from springing one ever again, thanks.

Apr 23, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #6 of 20
Truthfully, I never understood all the fuss over Kid A. I've recently really fallen in love with Radiohead but of the 4 albums (I don't have PH and I just picked up Amnesiac today and haven't listened yet), Kid A is definitely my least favourite.

It has some great stuff on it (How To Disappear Completely is utterly fantastic) but as a whole I don't think it comes anywhere near OK Computer, The Bends, or Hail to the Thief.

It feels to me like the second half of the album is just lacking. The first four tracks (especially HtDC) are great, Treefingers is ambient noise rather than an actual song, and Optimistic and In Limbo feel pretty generic by Radiohead standards and are too rockish to fit the mellow ambient mood of the album.

Idioteque is a good song but I like the single version much more as the album version has too much of a beat to it (there are certain instances where it would sound nicer if the drums stopped for a second and allowed the epic electronic sound to take over). Morning Bell and Motion Picture Soundtrack are nice songs but I don't think they're anything truly amazing.

As a whole, it's a solid album but I really feel it goes downhill after the first four tracks.

Just my 2 cents.

Apr 23, 2006 at 10:04 AM Post #7 of 20
Kid A is by far the best Radiohead album. The Bends and Pablo Honey struck me as generic rock, and I found OK Computer long and boring. Amnesiac is weaker musically and thematically than Kid A, and I haven't heard Hail To The Thief yet, but I probably won't anytime soon.

Apr 23, 2006 at 12:38 PM Post #8 of 20
fwiw, the second half of the album is what did me in
smily_headphones1.gif
just some new details, and perspective that made the whole music "fit" together.

everyones taste in music &sound is diferent, and im still thining about that listen
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by breadcrumbs
Kid A is by far the best Radiohead album

I like equally Kid A and Amnesiac but I know many would choose Kid A over Amnesiac if they had to choose ..

Apr 25, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #14 of 20
i just dont understand how anyone could think that the bends is better than kid a. its just....wrong. both great albums...but geez....kid a is in a totally different league.

Apr 25, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #15 of 20
Top 3 radiohead albums for me, In order:

The Bends
OK Computer
Kid A

The Bends may be dated by today's standards. But when I first listened to it and got into Radiohead was after OK computer came out. It still has that magical feel to me. Kid A has a lot going on...it is very good and all the songs are great in there own respect...but most of the time I just want to hear 4 or 5 tracks (Everything..., How to Disappear..., Optomistic, In Limbo, and Idioteque). When I get to the Bends I want to hear the whole album through. Most of the time thats the way I listen to OK as well.

P.S. Hail to the Thief is creepin' on Kid A's spot lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back