eargasm warning
Apr 25, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #16 of 20
I'm listening to OK Computer on my new HD580s, and I'm finding the vocals to be a little muffled (at least on the first three tracks). I've not listened to this album with headphones before. Is this the Sennheiser "veil" that I've heard about, or is this simply the way this album is recorded? I would say that the problem is my ears, but all of the instruments are coming in loud and clear.

Apr 25, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
i just dont understand how anyone could think that the bends is better than kid a. its just....wrong. both great albums...but geez....kid a is in a totally different league.

The problem with Kid A and Amnesiac is that because they're so experimental, they often really lack in the songwriting department. The Bends might not be the most brilliantly original album out there but because it's treading old territory, the band knew how to write fantastic songs because they could concentrate specifically on the songwriting.

With Kid A and Amnesiac, they're both such strange experimental albums that broke new ground for Thom Yorke so instead of being able to concentrate on the actual songwriting, he was more concerned about creating unique soundscapes and very strange beats and electronic effects. While the music ended up sounding very original, the songwriting suffered as a result.

While I like Kid A and Amnesiac (I've been listening to the latter quite a bit since I picked it up a few days ago), I just don't think they compare to The Bends, OK Computer or HttT because a lot of the songs sound more like electronic experiments that were extended to 4 minutes instead of real full-fledged songs.

Apr 25, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by asdf
I'm listening to OK Computer on my new HD580s, and I'm finding the vocals to be a little muffled (at least on the first three tracks). I've not listened to this album with headphones before. Is this the Sennheiser "veil" that I've heard about, or is this simply the way this album is recorded? I would say that the problem is my ears, but all of the instruments are coming in loud and clear.

..it's not your hears .. try a search on the forum
though at first Ok computer can seem to sound near marvelleous , with a good system is really easy to find out that it's not that good recorded mixed ..
in other words it could have been much better produced for the music it carries.

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #20 of 20
When i was younger i actually didnt "get" Kid-A.

This tread made me excited all over again and i popped in Kid-A on my speaker setup ( my cans are long gone...) and my oh my, what a nice surprise.I particularly like Morning bell.

I perfer Kid A over The Bends tho. The Bends is nice, but seems so.....normal in comparision to Kid A which seems like a everychanging landscape of sounds and electronic fun !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back