Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 11, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #67,772 of 75,146
NiceHCK EB2S has arrived. Too unhappy.
First of all, the things I will say is completely personal. The thing I don't like can be your favorite, who knows?! But sound-wise all the things are true.

Bass: Sub-bass is definately there and it does not get blend with kicks or mid-bass. Mid bass is not emphasized, sounds flat, even can be recessed. So all the body of the sound feels like coming from sub-bass somehow. Upper-bass is definately recessed.

Mid: Recessed as ***! There is no mid at all... No...

Treble: Treble is definately there. All the human voices coming from treble-side and upper-mid. You know that some producers like to brigthen female singers to make it more dynamic, airy, sexy and girl-ish... Now think about it... Even Rick Astley's voice sound like Britney Spears right now. This is terrible... Upper side of treble is fully opened. It feels like somebody turned up 16kHz fully up. Due to emphasized upper treble, you hear reverbs, echos so clear and it kills the whole point of being "echo" thing. You hear them as the same level of vocals. Hi-hats, cymbals sound metallic, very sparkly, very much unnatural and disturbing.

Soundstage: If you think about recessed mid's you can imagine that there is no air in any recordings, there is no spacious-ness or room/hall like feelings in the recordings. (Imagine jazz or classique music, even any 80's songs) Too much clear sound resulted as narrow and blended soup soundstage.

Depth: There is no depth at all. Everything is so close that you can't feel the layers. There is no mid, there is no depth except emphasized echos. This means there is no darkness.

Instrument seperation: Thanks to the upper of treble and recessed mids, every instrument is heard clearly but this is not mean that you can choose it. Trebles are causing something; In industries, machines would beep in very high pitch, it is because our ears responds more to the high sounds. This is very tiring and you start to cannot choose anything after 5 minutes of listening. You start to listen hi-hats and cymbals and air whoosing effects as music.

First 30 seconds, I tried with one layer of cushions, then after hearing it's metallic cheap, 2010's chinese in-ear headphone sound-like treble's, I started to wear it with double cushions. It helped a little bit about mids and trebles but it was too small help about overall sound.
All the female vocals sound like mixmastered Britney Spears, Ariana Grande studio vocals. Autotuned female vocals including Britney Spears sound like alien. There is no timbre of the vocal, just shhhhhhh sounds I am hearing... All the 80's songs sound metallic. All the male vocals sound like Britney Spears.

I have tried it with my laptops from around 2010's at the moment. They lack of treble from headphone output but they got amazing stereo crosstalk levels. There is no leaking and there is amazing depth etc. Even with them, they still sound bright but much much better than new technologies like smartphones and new laptops. Still, sound very fake.

Somebody told me, kind of reminds HD650 and boy, I own HD6XX and there is no any similarity. This just sounds like 2010-ish cheap Chinese, in-ears without mid-bass thump. My ears are ringing now. I cannot believe how people suggested this to me. TC200 and TC300 was my first shot into earbuds from AliExpress and it was great shot thanks to ounwx's correct ears. Here, you can see his comment that changed my life:

https://www.head-fi.org/goto/post?id=15096032

Now, I am waiting for that FAAEAL Snow-Lotus 1.0 and just hoping that there is no difference with Snow-Lotus 1.0+ version. If I don't like it that too, I will try to buy that TC200 since TC300, my love is already discountinued.

The EB2S doesn't sound like that, as a few other consumers can attest to above. It sounds thick and analoguish. I find them to lie on the warmer side of the spectrum.

Could it be a fitting issue? If the fit is bad, the mid-bass is deemphasized and the treble can be more prominent.
Other possibility is QC issue or NiceHCK went to do a retune/different drivers.

Are u using a laptop DAC with it? Have you tried other sources?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #67,773 of 75,146
While I have not heard them, I have not read too many favorable reviews on the Snow Lotus (though YMMV once again). Maybe if you are looking for budget buds, you might give the Yincrow X6 a try?! I also have not heard those, but from everything I have read, they punch in at much higher than their price point.

Snow Lotus isn't very good IMO. Am putting it up for sale LOL.

Jan 12, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #67,774 of 75,146
I visited my grandma and uncle this past weekend. I brought my earbud collection (or most of it) for my uncle to demo. He mentioned he was interested in listening to earbuds. The earbuds I brought were:

• Yincrow X6 (bass port open)
  • Black Lotus S300
  • KBell LBBS
  • Qian 39
  • Titanium DIY mmcx (YinXue Audio Store)
  • LCP DIY mmcx (YinXue Audio Store)
  • RY4S Plus mmcx (white version)
  • 32Ohm BG (stock)
  • KBear Stellar (modded)
  • This earbud from Chitty’s store
  • 150Ohm BG, riveted (tuning still in progress)
  • 64Ohm Ti Composite (stock)
  • 32Ohm N52 Red Rim (stock)
  • 64Ohm WG (stock)
  • NiceHCK diy mx500
  • Fiio FF3
His favorites were the FF3’s. His second favorite was the 32Ohm BG’s. He said the FF3 had the most clarity, while being the most balanced (bass, mids, and highs sounded correct to his ears). He also said the same of the 32 BG’s, but the FF3 beat it.

Driving source was iPhone 11 with dongle (not really a fair test for higher impedance buds). He was listening to them pretty loud, deafening to me. He used Brian Culbertson and Shakatak as test tracks. He mainly listens to music via speakers.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #67,775 of 75,146
I have smabat m2s pro, and I found eb2s is more relax and warmer. My eb2s is more a like to Zen 2.0 than smabat m2s pro.

hurm...Maybe I pair eb2s with very warm source.
The EB2S doesn't sound like that, as a few other consumers can attest to above. It sounds thick and analoguish. I find them to lie on the warmer side of the spectrum.

Could it be a fitting issue? If the fit is bad, the mid-bass is deemphasized and the treble can be more prominent.

Hmmmm. Maybe I also have a different set than others, if you both are hearing them as warm???? When did you two get your set? I got mine as a mystery grab bag off of AE from the NiceHCK store before they were actually released. Or maybe My memory is faulty. I will need to listen to these again to make sure.

Edit: I feel the need to apologize to you @syazwaned for contradicting you. I just put them back into my ears and you are right. They do indeed present as warmer. I haven't listened to them for a long time, and when I did, to me they did indeed sound a lot like the M2s Pro. Matter of fact, I remember @RikudouGoku debating with me at that time that he didn't feel they sounded like the M2s Pro either. Has my hearing changed that much??? Just disregard my old arse ears.... It might have come down to the boosted pina gain (which hurt my ears with any volume and sort of drown out all the other properties???), but listening to them now, I don't find them as bad as they were in that area even.

Now that I have them back in my ears, I STILL stand by my (original) recommendation. They sound very good for budget buds. Indeed, much better than I remember (and I have always liked them anyhow). They obviously don't get much playtime with having the likes of the Yinman 2.0 600, FiiO FF3, FF5, etc...

Jan 12, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #67,776 of 75,146
Hmmmm. Maybe I also have a different set than others, if you both are hearing them as warm???? When did you two get your set? I got mine as a mystery grab bag off of AE from the NiceHCK store before they were actually released. Or maybe My memory is faulty. I will need to listen to these again to make sure.

Edit: I feel the need to apologize to you @syazwaned for contradicting you. I just put them back into my ears and you are right. They do indeed present as warmer. I haven't listened to them for a long time, and when I did, to me they did indeed sound a lot like the M2s Pro. Matter of fact, I remember @RikudouGoku debating with me at that time that he didn't feel they sounded like the M2s Pro either. Has my hearing changed that much??? Just disregard my old arse ears.... It might have come down to the boosted pina gain (which hurt my ears with any volume and sort of drown out all the other properties???), but listening to them now, I don't find them as bad as they were in that area even.

Now that I have them back in my ears, I STILL stand by my (original) recommendation. They sound very good for budget buds. Indeed, much better than I remember (and I have always liked them anyhow). They obviously don't get much playtime with having the likes of the Yinman 2.0 600, FiiO FF3, FF5, etc...
Previously I recommended Eb2s for those for find yiman 2.0 too expensive.

However, I came across a number or complaint about eb2s being to bright, maybe they change the driver into cheaper one without disclosing the information.

So now, I no longer recommend EB2S due to this inconsistency.

Jan 12, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #67,777 of 75,146
I visited my grandma and uncle this past weekend. I brought my earbud collection (or most of it) for my uncle to demo. He mentioned he was interested in listening to earbuds. The earbuds I brought were:

• Yincrow X6 (bass port open)
  • Black Lotus S300
  • KBell LBBS
  • Qian 39
  • Titanium DIY mmcx (YinXue Audio Store)
  • LCP DIY mmcx (YinXue Audio Store)
  • RY4S Plus mmcx (white version)
  • 32Ohm BG (stock)
  • KBear Stellar (modded)
  • This earbud from Chitty’s store
  • 150Ohm BG, riveted (tuning still in progress)
  • 64Ohm Ti Composite (stock)
  • 32Ohm N52 Red Rim (stock)
  • 64Ohm WG (stock)
  • NiceHCK diy mx500
  • Fiio FF3
His favorites were the FF3’s. His second favorite was the 32Ohm BG’s. He said the FF3 had the most clarity, while being the most balanced (bass, mids, and highs sounded correct to his ears). He also said the same of the 32 BG’s, but the FF3 beat it.

Driving source was iPhone 11 with dongle (not really a fair test for higher impedance buds). He was listening to them pretty loud, deafening to me. He used Brian Culbertson and Shakatak as test tracks. He mainly listens to music via speakers.
WOW! That is a lot of gear to audition in a weekend... LOL Very nice!

Jan 12, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #67,778 of 75,146

However, I came across a number or complaint about eb2s being to bright, maybe they change the driver into cheaper one without disclosing the information.

That is pretty sad to think about if that is what they did. Heck the buds were only $20(ish) to begin with. The need for greed over quality just gets me.... Companies that do stuff like that must not realize that they are stepping on their own feet just to make a quick (extra) buck. But in the long-term people will remember stuff like this.

Jan 12, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #67,779 of 75,146
They could be considered smooth if you aren't sensitive to pina gain boost (like I am). I would actually not call them warm, and I would say that they are actually fairly aggressive overall. I also don't think they sound anything like what @Tromick is describing. It IS possible that they are defective (maybe the cable???). Or it also is possible that NiceHCK has changed something about them, and the newer tuning is different. Or maybe you are having a fitment issue? Have you tried them in multiple sources?

To me the closest comparison (with the set I have) is the Smabat M2s Pro (which is to say that they are a bit less refined, but sound good overall). Sorry that they sound bad to your ears. I also think that I might have been (at least) one person to have recommended them to you. This being based on my experience with them and reviews you can find on Head-Fi also (which are much more favorable and don't really match what you are hearing for some reason).

While I have not heard them, I have not read too many favorable reviews on the Snow Lotus (though YMMV once again). Maybe if you are looking for budget buds, you might give the Yincrow X6 a try?! I also have not heard those, but from everything I have read, they punch in at much higher than their price point.

I have smabat m2s pro, and I found eb2s is more relax and warmer. My eb2s is more a like to Zen 2.0 than smabat m2s pro.

hurm...Maybe I pair eb2s with very warm source.

At the end of my original comment you can see that I have tried with different sources. 20Hz-25kHz frequency response was warning I have not cared enough I guess. It was obivious.

To people say which it is warm, if I push them to my ears yes they sound warm like my all previous earbuds MX80, MX170, MX365, TC300 and more. But it still sounds recessed at mid-side like MX470. The previous earbuds were sounding more like audition of football stadium when I pushed them towards to my ears.

We cannot call this earbud flat at mids or natural in anyway. It sounds also dark when you push it to your ears, yes, but it sounds toooooo unnatural, fake.

I hated it.

Jan 12, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #67,780 of 75,146
At the end of my original comment you can see that I have tried with different sources. 20Hz-25kHz frequency response was warning I have not cared enough I guess. It was obivious.

To people say which it is warm, if I push them to my ears yes they sound warm like my all previous earbuds MX80, MX170, MX365, TC300 and more. But it still sounds recessed at mid-side like MX470. The previous earbuds were sounding more like audition of football stadium when I pushed them towards to my ears.

We cannot call this earbud flat at mids or natural in anyway. It sounds also dark when you push it to your ears, yes, but it sounds toooooo unnatural, fake.

I hated it.
Then they HAD to have changed the driver in this one. I can definitively say that the mids are NOT recessed at all on these (though I also wouldn't call them super mid forward either). If I were you, I might be so bold as to writing to NiceHCK and asking them if they changed the drivers in these.

Hopefully you will find the right set for your ears?! :) Do let us know if/when you do? As for myself, I would be curious to hear from you on this.

Jan 12, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #67,781 of 75,146
WOW! That is a lot of gear to audition in a weekend... LOL Very nice!
Weekend…..more like 2-3 hours. Haha

He quickly discarded with sound signatures he didn’t like. I think the RY4S plus and Chitty Store earbud were his most disliked, he spent the least time listening to those.

Jan 12, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #67,782 of 75,146
Weekend…..more like 2-3 hours. Haha

He quickly discarded with sound signatures he didn’t like. I think the RY4S plus and Chitty Store earbud were his most disliked, he spent the least time listening to those.
So sort of like watching Crinacle unboxings then "Junk"... "Meh"... "Has potential" (rinse and repeat). :ksc75smile:

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #67,784 of 75,146
They could be considered smooth if you aren't sensitive to pina gain boost (like I am). I would actually not call them warm, and I would say that they are actually fairly aggressive overall. I also don't think they sound anything like what @Tromick is describing. It IS possible that they are defective (maybe the cable???). Or it also is possible that NiceHCK has changed something about them, and the newer tuning is different. Or maybe you are having a fitment issue? Have you tried them in multiple sources?

To me the closest comparison (with the set I have) is the Smabat M2s Pro (which is to say that they are a bit less refined, but sound good overall). Sorry that they sound bad to your ears. I also think that I might have been (at least) one person to have recommended them to you. This being based on my experience with them and reviews you can find on Head-Fi also (which are much more favorable and don't really match what you are hearing for some reason).

Yeah the x6 are one of my favorite earbuds. Excellent bud.

Jan 12, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #67,785 of 75,146
Snow Lotus isn't very good IMO. Am putting it up for sale LOL.
I had one ages ago and remember that it wasn't very good at all. I can't find my snow lotus 1+ commemorative, but I seem to recall that model was better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back