Earbuds Round-Up
May 2, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #61,126 of 75,134
Hi
I'm looking for some earbuds (d'uh) since my last two pairs died ...
I used to have Apple Earbuds, the comfort was top notch and I had a Nice Hck ME80. The sound was very airy and light, I heard details I never heard before which is great. Wide Soundstage too. But the shape was uncomfortable and it wasn't that stable in my ear. Plus it's died rather quickly.

I also had a few IEM's pairs : KZ ate S, KZ ZST and shure se215.

Here is what i'm looking for :

Shape : Earpod like or very small. Not like the bell shaped me80.
Price : 50$ or less.
Cable : Detachable if possible with MMCX connector so I can replace it easily.
Sound : More or less like the one with the earpods. I found the shure one a bit muddy and sparkless and the me 80 were lacking some bass.
Housing : Metal if possible.
Mic : Yes

I want something that I can keep a long time since I'm a student and budget is bit tight.
I'll be listening on iphone 8, laptop and maybe Ipod Classic.

Sen-fer pt25 would have been perfect but it seems that it's not produced anymore sadly.
What about this one ? Or this one ?

I'm open to all the propositions, and i'm looking forward to discuss them and be part of this community.

Thank you

I've got a couple of sets of the PT15 (2017), which look a little odd, but fit my ears well.
They appear to still be available - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32951502746.html

May 3, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #61,128 of 75,134
Hello, does anyone have recommendations for a sub $15 earbud with a good mic? my earbud (MB770G/B) is dead. used for calls/meetings. Thanks!

Hmm if u can maybe top up 5 bucks more, the NiceHCK EB2S and HZSound Bell Rhyme are very good for the coin. They come with mic versions during ordering.

May 3, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #61,132 of 75,134
Hey, just one observation to this very informative and awesome list:

How come the V88/V99 is not set in bold? Just being curious, some consider them as the best ones ever created.
Cheers
If you can afford them by selling your kidneys!
Only one ive seen for sale is 2000gbp or 3000usd...yeah

May 4, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #61,133 of 75,134
Hey, just one observation to this very informative and awesome list:

How come the V88/V99 is not set in bold? Just being curious, some consider them as the best ones ever created.
Cheers
Good catch there! It should be bolded... on one of the many updates I made I had accidently reformatted and simply missed re-bolding them. Fixed now! Thank you for the correction, very much appreciated. Cheers!
If you can afford them by selling your kidneys!
Only one ive seen for sale is 2000gbp or 3000usd...yeah
LOL! And a part of one's liver!

May 4, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #61,135 of 75,134
Good catch there! It should be bolded... on one of the many updates I made I had accidently reformatted and simply missed re-bolding them. Fixed now! Thank you for the correction, very much appreciated. Cheers!

LOL! And a part of one's liver!
Cool, np :) I bought a V741 just recently, being shipped right now. I'd really like to have a V99 with the screw adapter version, but short of donating all my organs, I too, have no idea how to get one. :) Do you have most of these though on the list? One of the best lists I have ever seen.

May 4, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #61,136 of 75,134
Do you have most of these though on the list? One of the best lists I have ever seen.
This is the “only” list.
No one has this much information about earbuds, except Mr Woody :beerchug:

May 4, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #61,139 of 75,134
Cool, np :) I bought a V741 just recently, being shipped right now. I'd really like to have a V99 with the screw adapter version, but short of donating all my organs, I too, have no idea how to get one. :) Do you have most of these though on the list? One of the best lists I have ever seen.
Thank you for the kind words. The list has become a group effort most indeed.

No, not now. What I do own now is listed under CURRENT GEAR in my signature. I had nearly 300 earbuds to my name until SEP/OCT 2020 when I began to gift, trade, and sell them off along with much of the rest of my audiophile equipment collection in an effort to minimalize. Funny to think that exactly one and half years ago I was sitting on nearly three hundred (300) earbuds; sixty (60) plus IEMS; twenty (20) plus headphones; ten (10) pair of speakers; thirty-six (36) amps and dacs; twenty plus (20+) separate two-channel components; and hundreds and I mean literally hundreds of cables, adapters, & interconnects.

However, back to the topic at hand, I previously did own and/or listen to most of the Golden Age earbuds especially everything made by Sony and Aiwa as I had a relationship (connection) with Sony back then. I have been involved in this hobby for many, many decades and have fortunately owned, auditioned, and/or listened to a lot of amazing gear... transducers especially.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #61,140 of 75,134
Thank you for the kind words. The list has become a group effort most indeed.

No, not now. What I do own now is listed under CURRENT GEAR in my signature. I had nearly 300 earbuds to my name until SEP/OCT 2020 when I began to gift, trade, and sell them off along with much of the rest of my audiophile equipment collection in an effort to minimalize. Funny to think that exactly one and half years ago I was sitting on nearly three hundred (300) earbuds; sixty (60) plus IEMS; twenty (20) plus headphones; ten (10) pair of speakers; thirty-six (36) amps and dacs; twenty plus (20+) separate two-channel components; and hundreds and I mean literally hundreds of cables, adapters, & interconnects.

However, back to the topic at hand, I previously did own and/or listen to most of the Golden Age earbuds especially everything made by Sony and Aiwa as I had a relationship (connection) with Sony back then. I have been involved in this hobby for many, many decades and have fortunately owned, auditioned, and/or listened to a lot of amazing gear... transducers especially.
Aw man...I'm gonna PM you. Must have been a privilege to own all these gems. I have some rare gear of which I'm interested in your opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back