Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 24, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #59,836 of 74,630

That link had all 3 models
Thank you!

>That link had all 3 models
What is "that link"? Tell me url of that link.

And if the curve of the FR graph of the blur MX64 is also aligned at 1kHz, it is good because there are much bass of the blur MX64 and it looks the closest to the Harman curve.
Hmmm, is the recent blur better than this?
By the way, how much does blur cost about US $?

EDIT:
I found the blur's cost is $75-350 at @WoodyLuvr's post.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #59,838 of 74,630

And if the curve of the FR graph of the blur MX64 is also aligned at 1kHz, it is good because there are much bass of the blur MX64 and it looks the closest to the Harman curve.

EDIT:
https://tgx78.squig.link/

Those are measurements by @tgx78

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #59,841 of 74,630
very interesting, thank you...
I listen to classical and jazz too, may I ask you what is your gear, what are you used to? I think I am close to my musical happyness with xd-05 bal (being rolling the opamps, though), niceHCK ebx21, Rose Maria II (and monk lite, together with akg k309 for non critical listening). Still I am always curious to try something new... this rabbit hoole is soooooooo deeeeeeeeeeep. The sound of my Blur is too forward, no deepness at all, although very precise in rendering sound, especially voices. (Probably with lack of separation.) Can you tell us more about your feelings with the newbsound? thank you
Classical lover here too, mostly piano and violin concerti along with some common symphony cycles (beethoven, brahms, mahler, etc). The two standout buds for me are the moondrop chaconne and the datura pro (compensated to my target curve). I have the Maria II as well, but don't use it regularly for classical music.

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #59,842 of 74,630
I have a IEC711 Coupler with a earbud adapter, but I realize that the graphs are only useful for the same setup.

They vary a lot across different rigs and may not be comparable across different users as such. Little changes like insertion depth, using different foams etc all can change the graphs tremendously.

Maybe some other Measurebators have some advise on how to fix this haha.
an that's only some of the issue -- the hardware audio path will also dramatically affect the measurement results. Also, not only should the mic be calibrated, but the sound card/dac needs to be checked carefully for calibration.

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #59,843 of 74,630
Thank you!

EDIT:
in my opinion Harman curve is a disaster for earbuds. When I first started, I used to compensate all my earbuds to Harman via the autoeq project -- sounded terrible, accounted for a good 9 months of trying dozen's of target curves before I ended up with v1.5.

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #59,844 of 74,630
I see that the new Rose Technics Martini earbuds are now available from Penon Audio. Does anyone know the diameter of these buds? My dinky ears won't tolerate anything larger than 16mm or so. Thanks!
interesting... the steel and brass construction might make it a heavy bud? I hope someone pulls the trigger on one and share observations!

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #59,845 of 74,630
Well, I just got my NiceHCK EB2S today and I agree with their warm profile, with smooth bass, a good level of exuberance in the mids, with good definition and clarity. The treble has an adequate level of liveliness. The sound feels spacious and with a very good sense of openness. I really like its design and also the cable, although it is a bit stiff. The ergonomics are very good, with a very light weight.
The old EB2s didn't have very good quality control, I think NiceHCK will have improved in this respect.

They are not as clear or transparent as the Smabat M0s, but the mids are more full-bodied, you feel their warmth is greater. EB2S 00.jpgEB2S 01.jpgNiceHCK EB2S.pngNiceHCK EB2S vs Smabat M0.png

Jan 24, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #59,846 of 74,630
Classical lover here too, mostly piano and violin concerti along with some common symphony cycles (beethoven, brahms, mahler, etc). The two standout buds for me are the moondrop chaconne and the datura pro (compensated to my target curve). I have the Maria II as well, but don't use it regularly for classical music.
Sounds like you have a fantastic trio going there (though I have only heard 2 of the 3). :)
Well, I just got my NiceHCK EB2S today and I agree with their warm profile, with smooth bass, a good level of exuberance in the mids, with good definition and clarity. The treble has an adequate level of liveliness. The sound feels spacious and with a very good sense of openness. I really like its design and also the cable, although it is a bit stiff. The ergonomics are very good, with a very light weight.
The old EB2s didn't have very good quality control, I think NiceHCK will have improved in this respect.

They are not as clear or transparent as the Smabat M0s, but the mids are more full-bodied, you feel their warmth is greater. EB2S 00.jpgEB2S 01.jpgNiceHCK EB2S.pngNiceHCK EB2S vs Smabat M0.png
That is absolutely great to hear! I don't have any warm(ish) buds at all. All the ones I have are either shrill, or bordering on (not that that is always a bad thing). I lost track of where mine are at, so I can only assume they are in country since China Post no longer tracks them.

Jan 24, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #59,847 of 74,630
Rose Martini looks really nice! Would be interesting to know how they perform compared to Maria. I've now spent over a month with my Rose Maria and I really like them! That soundstage and imaging are still so impressive. I haven't listened much of anything else after I got them. That signature works really well with Xuelin ihifi1969 which is more of musical than analytical dap.

Jan 24, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #59,848 of 74,630
I am surprised by the Rose Martini price tag. It is lower than Maria. So is it their TOTL or will there be more?

Jan 24, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #59,849 of 74,630
Rose Martini looks really nice! Would be interesting to know how they perform compared to Maria. I've now spent over a month with my Rose Maria and I really like them! That soundstage and imaging are still so impressive. I haven't listened much of anything else after I got them. That signature works really well with Xuelin ihifi1969 which is more of musical than analytical dap.
I love my Maria (1). What impresses me most is how coherent she sounds with two drivers. Rose Technics (and its university student founders) did a heck of a tuning job. I like to listen to Maria with a warm source, like Sony, that lifts low mids and thickens the sound. Other dual driver earbuds I have, 1More E1008, Xiaomi BRE01JY, Dunu Alpha 1, are pretty awful in comparison.

Jan 24, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #59,850 of 74,630
I am surprised by the Rose Martini price tag. It is lower than Maria. So is it their TOTL or will there be more?
The Rose Martini is a different model, though most definitely playing on the same 'tuning pipe' design theme as the Maxim "referencing classic Japanese design elements". Looks to be a scaled, more mobile, version of the Maxim with shorter stem (tuning pipes).

The 'Maxim' Project is still in the works but it may be taking more of a flagship (higher tier) approach as per Rose's latest IG posts: IG post #1 and IG post #2. Also, 'Maxim' may only be the project name until the design and sound is finalized and a more fitting name is determined.

From what I could gather from @ClieOS and from other sources is that the Martini is simply a middle-tiered stop-gap to hold us off before the new flagship Rose Technics Maxim Project (??Ω) launches at a later date. But that may be totally incorrect and/or completely changed now as I have seen very little concerning Maxim as of late...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back