Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 20, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #59,401 of 75,146
Dec 21, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #59,402 of 75,146
Dec 21, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #59,403 of 75,146
Dec 21, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #59,404 of 75,146
FYI that Pandas debuted back 2017 (Heads up! this is a banned brand on Head-Fi)
Yeah, I hear about them awhile back. Are they any good? What’s the sound characteristics? 😊 Might go for another pk shell styled earbuds. The Ve Monk slim metal pk shell suit me fine but since they’re metal, the earbuds themselves are heavy, and my ears get tired after an hour or so.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #59,405 of 75,146
I received the Bell LBBS today and they really sing. Unfortunately I don't have my Smabat Super Point to compare as one of the drivers died unexpectedly (Lin sent me 2 drivers which are currently on the way, great guy).

I'm going to finally retire my Faaeal Rosemary, although different sounding but I appreciate the more analytical sound of Bell and Smabat to the warmth of Faaeal.

I also got the Tin T3 Plus which makes it my 2nd Tin Hifi iem since I bought the original T2.

These might be my best 2 audio purchases since 2017 when I started lurking around Head-Fi.

Hopefully the Smabat ST20 impresses.

Dec 21, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #59,406 of 75,146
Just got myself a LBBs. However, I choose to go with the white version as per this post.
Just am FYI, the white and mic versions are also the newer LBBS driver/tunings. I ordered a 2021 mic version for modding as it was cheaper, and it was better sounding than the 2020 white I already have.

I even checked resistance to see if the mic cable had higher resistance on one side than the other, as some crap cables do. It does not. No channel imbalance either.

I've had the original 2019 & older (warm tuning), the 2020 (white) and have 2x of the 2021 (w/mic).

Any blur MX* is the same mx500 style shell as the ry4s, and thus the same size.

LBBS is smaller and more comfortable in my smaller concha.
It sounds good. I think I get the hint of V-shape as mentioned in this post.
That and sound signature. The older LB/LBB is a warm, smooth but still detailed sound signature.

The LBBs is a more V-shaped signature that doesn't go too far in its upper mid/lower treble boost.

The LBBs is also available as 'white' with a plated cable or with mic which has a black cable sans the braiding. I bought the mic version last sale for about $25 iirc.

No audible or measurable difference in sound w/mic, when I checked it.
And the the serial number starts with K21 as being said here.
Check the box if you still have it. If the serial number starts with K21 you're good to go. If K20, K19 or older it's a different driver/tuning.

However, I just want to double check whether there is another difference between the 2021 version and last year version. I don't know, just want to make sure I get the right thing because I bought this one from a local seller. What worries me is the checklist on the box which states that this one is a LB W version. Can you guys confirm?

I attached a picture of the box.
dwdwdwdw.png

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #59,407 of 75,146
FYI that Pandas debuted back 2017 (Heads up! this is a banned brand on Head-Fi)
Are you sure? I thought banned brands get blanked out with ****, like the manufacturer of PT2021.

Dec 21, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #59,409 of 75,146
However, I just want to double check whether there is another difference between the 2021 version and last year version. I don't know, just want to make sure I get the right thing because I bought this one from a local seller. What worries me is the checklist on the box which states that this one is a LB W version. Can you guys confirm?

I attached a picture of the box.
dwdwdwdw.png

Thanks in advance.

'18 & '19 then '20 & '21 are different. Afaik.

The B, W, S on the box is for the different color & mic cable options.

Here's a pic of my '20 LB 'W'.

IMG_20200925_212359.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #59,411 of 75,146
I haven't opened my LBBS yet, but the tick on the box was next to the S

Dec 22, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #59,415 of 75,146
'18 & '19 then '20 & '21 are different. Afaik.

The B, W, S on the box is for the different color & mic cable options.
Thank you for your confirmation. I can see that there is a difference in the jack--2020 version uses gold platted one while this version I have with me is using silver-colored jack. Someone also told me that the older models don't have a chin slider while this one has it. Perhaps anyone can confirm on this?

u should mention the 3.5jack too. i heard LBBS using oyaide or rhodium?? (silver color jack). while the white one got gold platted jack
Same as mine so I guess they really are using the same driver and tuning now. Afaik the difference between LBBs and the white version is LBBs uses copper cable, while the white version uses silver-platted copper cable. I can't confirm on this one, though. (Edit: This was stated verbatim in the following post lol)
The 2021 white is the same tuning as the black afaik. Just a plated cable instead of copper.

I think the 2020 and older were different.

I haven't opened my LBBS yet, but the tick on the box was next to the S
Honestly this one is a pretty interesting note, because actually there were LBs type (if we were to read as written on the box) as referenced in the following post. So I guess they just keep their old labeling even though it's a different name in the market now. Well, according to the documentation in the box, this product I received should be a LBBs (it says 小黑铃 in the brochure).
Please note that there is a LBS (an older model) out there... so as to not confuse with LBBs aka LBBS.

2018 - K's Temperament 小铃 Bell-LBS 30Ω (aka "Original Little Bell-Silver")
2020 - K's Temperament 小黑铃 Bell-LBBs 30Ω (aka "New Little Black Bell S")

And a final note to myself, Kaisheng Techology really suck at distingushing their product models.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back