Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 15, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #59,342 of 75,148
Hi, everyone. I’m just starting to dip a toe in the earbud world and I can already tell it’s going to be a rabbit hole for me. I recently received my first non-Apple earbud (Moondrop Nameless, which sound great) and I like what I hear enough to be thinking of jumping immediately into the TOTL realm. I’ve been reading this thread, reading the helpful lists some of you have assembled, and hunting around on Penon and AE, but it remains a little overwhelming. Right now, I’m eyeing one of these: Yincrow RW-3000, Moondrop Chaconne, Ourart QJ21, or Smabat Pro One. I probably would have ordered the Chaconne already, but the lack of a replaceable cable is turning me off compared to the other buds I’m considering. I prefer a more neutral signature, leaning toward slightly warm if neutral isn’t possible. I hope I’m not posting in the wrong place, but I’d be grateful for any guidance you can offer. Thank you!

Edited to add the following info, based on WoodyLuvr’s helpful response:

I’ll mostly be using these on the go, with my iPhone and PAW S2 as a source. I listen mostly to indie rock and 60s/70s stuff, with some jazz thrown in. As I mentioned, I prefer a more neutral/flat signature. I’m looking to spend around $300-$350. In terms of shape, I’m still figuring out my preferences, though I find the Nameless very comfortable (in part why I was drawn to the Chaconne). I also think I’d prefer not having to wrap the cable around my ear, which may eliminate some of the buds I’ve listed.
The sound of the MoonDrop Chaconne is excellent, if a little lacking in bass. However, the shell is very heavy and tends to shift when your head moves, so I wouldn't recommend using it outdoors or at work.

I have the Yincrow rw-2000, but the Yincrow rw-3000 is even more advanced according to @ClieOS' review, so I'd recommend buying it when it's a bit cheaper, like during a sale.

I don't know about the Ourart QJ21 or the Smabat Pro One.

If you want to buy one now, I would recommend the Ksearphone bell lbs (LBBS) for better sound quality and lower price (about $50).

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #59,343 of 75,148
Hello everyone,
Just received today a pair of Newbsound 32Pro. I am listening today right now while working.
I'll make a full review later but my first impressions are extremely positive. I own some quite good earbuds (Astrotec Lyra Nature, Ksearphone Bell LBBS, Shozy BK) and a lot of good entry level (EMX500, Yincrow X6, etc.) and the 32Pro are among my favorites, maybe my favorites (time will tell).

Extremely musical buds, very smooth but with good bass and they still pack a good level of clarity and energy. Warm earbuds without being muddy. I find the same type of qualities than the Shozy BK (smooth, a bit warm, non fatiguing but punchy enough and detailed on complex music). I still have to compare them but i think the 32Pro are more refined.

For now, the complete very well with the LBBS (more analytical and insanely resolving for earbuds).
How they sound compare to the Yincrow X6?

Dec 15, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #59,344 of 75,148
They have in common some smoothness and good bass (for earbuds) but i think The 32 Pro have a little less midbass, clearer mids and more precise highs. X6 and 32Pro are comparable in a way for their smooth and and a bit laid back sound, but 32Pro dont't have the muddy aspect X6 can have on complex music.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #59,345 of 75,148
32pro and Shanling M3X on dual dac mode and high gain.
What an outsanding and small combo.
Listening to Cinemix and so nice and sweet sounding at same time a detailed and powefull midbass.

Since now, my new portable solution.

1639594115428.png

Dec 15, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #59,346 of 75,148
I think all DAPS, DACS and AMPS with organic signature (R2R, tubes ....) can get the best from 32pro.

But Shanling M3X is a very affordable DAP, so small, handy and with a great battery.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #59,347 of 75,148
Having an evening with a new earbud I gifted to myself for Christmas before quickly wrapping it up. It's from a DIY'er in Thailand. Looking through his designs, they pretty much blew me away. Some are incredibly extravagant and beautiful and some are more modest. This one was the only one he had available at the time and while it's a bit (read: alot) more bling than I would normally go for I couldn't help myself.

Brand: Earbud Custom Art (https://www.facebook.com/EarbudCustomArt/)

Model: Sing (King Lion)
Driver: 15.4mm PK
Impedance: 30-65ohm
Body: Brass with silver plating
Connection: MMCX

_DSC2908.jpg
_DSC2914.jpg

_DSC2916.jpg
_DSC2917.jpg

Immediate impressions is one of incredible top end clarity and detail with a strong thumping midbass and weighty and warm vocals. The timbre is the standout achievement on this - woodwind and strings are better than on my Blurs. With this being my first metal shelled earbud, I'm wondering if this is playing a role in the acoustic characteristics on show...? Some thought has clearly gone into not just the outer design but the inner acoustics and tuning of the driver. It requires some power, opening up with either High Gain on Shanling M8 or High Gain on RU6. The RU6 takes it to another level and synergises well, expanding the stage and giving even more body and weight to the signature overall.

The brass shell is heavy and large and only just fits my small ears with single foams but it doesn't shift around while moving. I'm not particularly bothered by the weight.

However, I am bothered by the wait until Christmas...roll on the 25th!

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #59,348 of 75,148
Having an evening with a new earbud I gifted to myself for Christmas before quickly wrapping it up. It's from a DIY'er in Thailand. Looking through his designs, they pretty much blew me away. Some are incredibly extravagant and beautiful and some are more modest. This one was the only one he had available at the time and while it's a bit (read: alot) more bling than I would normally go for I couldn't help myself.

_DSC2908.jpg_DSC2914.jpg
_DSC2916.jpg_DSC2917.jpg

Immediate impressions is one of incredible top end clarity and detail with a strong thumping midbass and weighty and warm vocals. The timbre is the standout achievement on this - woodwind and strings are better than on my Blurs. With this being my first metal shelled earbud, I'm wondering if this is playing a role in the acoustic characteristics on show...? Some thought has clearly gone into not just the outer design but the inner acoustics and tuning of the driver. It requires some power, opening up with either High Gain on Shanling M8 or High Gain on RU6. The RU6 takes it to another level and synergises well, expanding the stage and giving even more body and weight to the signature overall.

The brass shell is heavy and large and only just fits my small ears with single foams but it doesn't shift around while moving. I'm not particularly bothered by the weight.

What a beauty.
Very interesting that metal.

Dec 15, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #59,349 of 75,148
Didn't know that about the pin spacing for the Maria. It's definitely .78mm for the Maria II.
Well it's about time Rose moves to more common connector type. :smile:
I even measure the pin diameter of Maria cable with micrometer, and it showed exactly 0,75mm. But at least I now have four compatible cables to use with Maria or Masya.

Dec 15, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #59,350 of 75,148
32pro and Shanling M3X on dual dac mode and high gain.
What an outsanding and small combo.
Listening to Cinemix and so nice and sweet sounding at same time a detailed and powefull midbass.

Since now, my new portable solution.

1639594115428.png
I use my 32pro with m3x sometimes too. Its a wonder how its not listed as a TOTL earbud when it definitely is.

Dec 15, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #59,351 of 75,148
Lol, my LBBS arrived a couple of days ago, so far I've resisted the urge to open prior to 25th.
Guess I might have caved in had I not already opened the heart mirror that arrived previously!

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #59,352 of 75,148

_DSC2908.jpg_DSC2914.jpg
_DSC2916.jpg_DSC2917.jpg

That guy builds extremely beautiful shells! His prices are reasonable as well if I recall correctly. When I spoke with him, I was nervous about his tuning/SQ because he didn’t really want to talk about it. Now my fears are laid to rest.

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #59,353 of 75,148
Lol, my LBBS arrived a couple of days ago, so far I've resisted the urge to open prior to 25th.
Guess I might have caved in had I not already opened the heart mirror that arrived previously!
u should open it up, just to check its okay or not, then do some burn in.
so when Santa come, its already ready to hear :p

Dec 15, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #59,354 of 75,148
u should open it up, just to check its okay or not, then do some burn in.
so when Santa come, its already ready to hear :p
I did think about it, but decided I couldn't be bothered trying to explain burn in to the wife!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back