Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 2, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #59,146 of 75,073
Correct. Newer and higher tier model, now.

Completely different model now with different driver, cabling, and terminations plus time explains the increased cost.

Please note that your particular model was specifically made to offer beginner earbud enthusiasts the opportunity to experience the Blur house sound at a lower price bracket. It was considerably lower in price to the other higher tiered models at the time.

A PK sized 32ohm driver is now only available via the 266R Reference line:

Blur 266R MX/PK Reference (MX 32/64/150/300Ω aPs; MX 400Ω non-aPs; PK 32Ω; 266v4 aka "266 Clear" cabling)
the pk32 is the cheapest blur that i have (excluding the blur vido got it for free) and the last that i bought from Wong. the most expensive blur i have is the blur coax 150 in silver shell like 5-6x higher. this begginer earbud enthusiast pk32 as you describe beats my entire buds collection atleast in my ears...

Dec 3, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #59,147 of 75,073
IMG-6783.jpg
newb.jpg

Newbsound 32Pro

Just got this and first thing I notice is a sweet tea (or maybe Thai milk tea?) like scent from the earbuds itself lol. Love this fragrance but it's a bit weird to smell it from the audio device.

Sound is quite good out of the box. There is this “zip” to attacks, tonal density and dynamic weight to the upper bass and lower midrange, and slam to the mid-bass. Sub-bass roll-off is not as severe as the lbbs for example. Overall tonality is very smooth and pleasing. Imaging is not as precise as some of my upper tier IEMs, but the soundstage feels quite open and naturally proportioned. There is a bit of colorations to the sound from upper mids to lower treble region. This results in a slightly dark, woody hue overlying the natural tonality of instruments, some elongation (or truncation) of the duration of the dynamic/harmonic envelope, and a masking of fine detail. For the price I paid however, I would say the Newbsound 32Pro is a great value. This easily competes with the more expensive EM5 and surpasses the Blur (mx64) for me.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #59,148 of 75,073
Wonderful ambient mix by Coldcut and Mixmaster Morris... beautiful on Chaconne.

Dec 3, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #59,150 of 75,073
IMG-6783.jpgnewb.jpg
Newbsound 32Pro

Just got this and first thing I notice is a sweet tea (or maybe Thai milk tea?) like scent from the earbuds itself lol. Love this fragrance but it's a bit weird to smell it from the audio device.

Sound is quite good out of the box. There is this “zip” to attacks, tonal density and dynamic weight to the upper bass and lower midrange, and slam to the mid-bass. Sub-bass roll-off is not as severe as the lbbs for example. Overall tonality is very smooth and pleasing. Imaging is not as precise as some of my upper tier IEMs, but the soundstage feels quite open and naturally proportioned. There is a bit of colorations to the sound from upper mids to lower treble region. This results in a slightly dark, woody hue overlying the natural tonality of instruments, some elongation (or truncation) of the duration of the dynamic/harmonic envelope, and a masking of fine detail. For the price I paid however, I would say the Newbsound 32Pro is a great value. This easily competes with the more expensive EM5 and surpasses the Blur (mx64) for me.
Could you (or anyone else reading this) compare the technicalities of the newbsound 32pro against the Yincrow RW-9? Differences in resolution, staging, note weight, etc. I notice they are similarly tuned. Thanks for making those measurements btw!

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #59,152 of 75,073
Dec 3, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #59,154 of 75,073
Could you (or anyone else reading this) compare the technicalities of the newbsound 32pro against the Yincrow RW-9? Differences in resolution, staging, note weight, etc. I notice they are similarly tuned. Thanks for making those measurements btw!
Similarly tuned but the 32pro is a bit more technical than the Yincrow RW-9. Hard to compare them directly because the RW-9 is single ended and the 32pro is balanced. Using them both on my M8 which has a better channel separation & amplification on 4.4mm output- 32pro is musically detailed. RW-9 is just musical :)

Dec 3, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #59,155 of 75,073
IMG-6783.jpgnewb.jpg
Newbsound 32Pro

I noticed the smell as well! Same thoughts as you, I quite like the scent but it is a bit strange on a pair of earbuds. Makes for a nice pleasant surprise whenever I take them out of the case.

Another thing i realized from using these earbuds is that due to the lack of isolation, more bass is needed in order for it not to be lost to background noise. I tried putting noise canceling headphones over these earbuds amd found myself wanting less bass. I wish there could be something with the comfort, portability, soundstage, and sound quality of earbuds but with isolation.

Dec 4, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #59,156 of 75,073
Similarly tuned but the 32pro is a bit more technical than the Yincrow RW-9. Hard to compare them directly because the RW-9 is single ended and the 32pro is balanced. Using them both on my M8 which has a better channel separation & amplification on 4.4mm output- 32pro is musically detailed. RW-9 is just musical :)
Well, that’s it. I’m getting them.

Dec 4, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #59,157 of 75,073
Dec 4, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #59,158 of 75,073
Hi all i would like to ask among these earbud which one have fastest, cleanest, tightest bass. Rose Maria/Mojito, Moondrop Chaconne, Symphonio Dragon 3, Shozy BK, VE Zen 2.0, Astrotec Lyra Nature LE. I don't need about bass quantity. Thank you.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #59,159 of 75,073
Hi all i would like to ask among these earbud which one have fastest, cleanest, tightest bass. Rose Maria/Mojito, Moondrop Chaconne, Symphonio Dragon 3, Shozy BK, VE Zen 2.0, Astrotec Lyra Nature LE. I don't need about bass quantity. Thank you.
Well...I will be able to answer about the Chaconne and Lyra Nature LE next week probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back