Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 18, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #58,156 of 75,075
A sure sign the earbud rabbit hole has been entered - a draw full of foams more colourful than your favourite childrens clown. Love it!
Do you have all the Blur models? :sweat_smile:

I'm thinking of buying one of them, but I don't know which one to get.

My favorite IEMs are without a doubt the Mest, closely followed by the Isabellae.

And if I have to choose between tonality and technicalities, I would stick with tonality. The more similar to the Isabellae (powerful bass, sweet mids and highs with a lot of extension) the better.

Oh, and I'm a fan of small capsules.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #58,157 of 75,075
ve monk SM? lol
then what is your recomendation bud with soundsig bright and has smal housing?

because i want to know too.
I think they meant if this one fits the bill.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003129391095.html
I think he means whether VE Monk SM is a good recommendation, considering it has a bright signature.
Yes, I´m looking for something slightly brighter, though not as bright as the RY4S, I think you have the 300 Ohm version? How is the treble vs the LBBs?
Ah, got you now... sorry the ole gray matter was failing me there. I haven't heard the 2021 - VE Monk Slim Metal PK Standard Edition (32Ω; aka "Monk SM") yet as I am holding out for the 150Ω upgrade version soon-to-be-released. Trying to think of a brighter and/or more aggressive small shelled earbud and the Turandot (16Ω) is the only one that comes to mind at the moment. The Turandot is more forward and aggressive than it is bright but most definitely further over to the right leaning towards bright more than the 2020 - K's Temperament 小黑铃 Bell-LBBs (30Ω).

Another possible option would be the 2020 - Rose Technics Maria II (14Ω) in the smaller 14.8mm size. This is a bright signature earbud in comparison to all. Has a nice sparkle to it but unfortunately it is very fatiguing for me to use for nay length of time (I am hyper sensitive to sibilant and bright signature). The Maria II is well regarded... so much so, that I had to put it on my god-tier list.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #58,158 of 75,075
Do you have all the Blur models? :sweat_smile:

I'm thinking of buying one of them, but I don't know which one to get.

My favorite IEMs are without a doubt the Mest, closely followed by the Isabellae.

And if I have to choose between tonality and technicalities, I would stick with tonality. The more similar to the Isabellae (powerful bass, sweet mids and highs with a lot of extension) the better.

Oh, and I'm a fan of small capsules.
That will be a tough one mate as the UE Mest is a balanced signature leaning earphone... it's U-Shaped signature is nearly completely opposite of the Blur House Sound tuning which is very mid-centric focused with strong mid-forward tendencies (an acquired taste most definitely). @ian91 what do you think?

Oct 18, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #58,160 of 75,075
@RikudouGoku

What are your thoughts on LBBS + PEQ vs. Smabat M2s Pro for mostly electronic/EDM/pop music?

Does LBBS + PEQ match the M2s Pro in bass extension and quality? Seems like LBBS has better vocals and treble from your review.
LBBS + PEQ is the best bud I have. I take it over even the Chaconne, simply because of the sub-bass that you get on it matches well with my library.

So yeah, it beats the M2S Pro as well.

Oct 18, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #58,161 of 75,075

Just am FYI, the white and mic versions are also the newer LBBS driver/tunings. I ordered a 2021 mic version for modding as it was cheaper, and it was better sounding than the 2020 white I already have.

I even checked resistance to see if the mic cable had higher resistance on one side than the other, as some crap cables do. It does not. No channel imbalance either.

I've had the original 2019 & older (warm tuning), the 2020 (white) and have 2x of the 2021 (w/mic).

Ey "compañero"!

The original question was asked by me.

No, I have never tried a Blur earbud. But I know that they are much more expensive than for example the one I have right now (RY4S), and I don't want to try blindly.

I see that you have a couple of them, and that you expect 3 more. I see you like them. From what you already know about the ones you have tried:
- Is the capsule smaller than that of the RY4S?
- Do they have a brighter signature? I had been recommended the Blur OFC mx64 STE aPs as I love the sound of the Oriolus Isabellae
Any blur MX* is the same mx500 style shell as the ry4s, and thus the same size.
Is LBBS really that good?

Will the capsule be smaller / more comfortable for the ear than the MX500 of the RY4S?
LBBS is smaller and more comfortable in my smaller concha.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #58,162 of 75,075
Newb question: how do I order from aliexpress? Its not in english and I cant find an english version link.

I would like to start with a Yincrow RW-9. Id also like to order some of those silicone gaskets for improving fit.

Preference: bassy, warm, dim highs. Some call it mud. Negative slope frequency response.

Other recommendation instead of RW-9 thats not too expensive would be appreciated. Expediency (like from amazon) would be worthy.

This is my first earbud in awhile.* Had original Yuin PK1 back in the day and preferred to use over my full-size headphones… Then I lost my PK1 like 7years ago and havent really tried earbuds since. Its time to revisit but my tonal preferences have changed (old man now). Yincrow RW-9 sounds like a good place for me to start.

* In between Ive bought a few rando earbuds from Amazon but didnt like any of them: very coloured, lacked decent bass.

Porta Pro is the greatest headphone of all time imo. Something that sounds like that would be great. Porta Pro is only headphone Ive kept pretty much the entire span of being a member here. Next closest in tenure would be an old Sennheiser PX100 that eventually broke. Then after that would be the Yuin PK1.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #58,164 of 75,075
Just am FYI, the white and mic versions are also the newer LBBS driver/tunings. I ordered a 2021 mic version for modding as it was cheaper, and it was better sounding than the 2020 white I already have.

I even checked resistance to see if the mic cable had higher resistance on one side than the other, as some crap cables do. It does not. No channel imbalance either.

I've had the original 2019 & older (warm tuning), the 2020 (white) and have 2x of the 2021 (w/mic).

Any blur MX* is the same mx500 style shell as the ry4s, and thus the same size.

LBBS is smaller and more comfortable in my smaller concha.
Thanks. The LBBS is in my wish list until 11.11 or the Aliexpress sale days.

Oct 18, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #58,165 of 75,075
Yes, as announced by K's Earphone recently, the white version has now been upgraded to using the same driver and tuning as the LBBs.
Correspondingly, the price of the white version has also been increased to that of the LBBs (previously, it was the same price as the black with mic version).

There's been no mention of the black with mic version getting the same LBBs upgrade in driver and tuning like the white version, so I would still advise getting the LBBs to avoid any potential disappointment in sound.

For those thinking of getting the white version, it'd be better to confirm with the store first, as some stores might still be selling outdated stock with the older driver and warmer tuning. FWIW, I've asked the NiceHCK store, and they've said that they're now selling the 2021 version, which presumably should be the latest upgraded version, as reflected in the price increase as mentioned above.

Source here (Google Translate the paragraph above the red words to see the complete list of upgrades done to the Little Black Bell series)
What mod you did?
Between 2019 and LBB with mic, which one is better?

Oct 18, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #58,166 of 75,075
Thanks. The LBBS is in my wish list until 11.11 or the Aliexpress sale days.
Please note that there is a LBS (an older model) out there... so as to not confuse with LBBs aka LBBS.

2018 - K's Temperament 小铃 Bell-LBS 30Ω (aka "Original Little Bell-Silver")
2020 - K's Temperament 小黑铃 Bell-LBBs 30Ω (aka "New Little Black Bell S")

Oct 19, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #58,167 of 75,075
Please note that there is a LBS (an older model) out there... so as to not confuse with LBBs aka LBBS.

2018 - K's Temperament 小铃 Bell-LBS 30Ω (aka "Original Little Bell-Silver")
2020 - K's Temperament 小黑铃 Bell-LBBs 30Ω (aka "New Little Black Bell S")
I have added the one RikudouGoku said before:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32983779232.html

27B0D032-44FA-4834-811E-5A423CC8BE46.png

It says BellLBs, but I think it’s the good one, isn’t it?

Oct 19, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #58,168 of 75,075
I have added the one RikudouGoku said before:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32983779232.html

It says BellLBs, but I think it’s the good one, isn’t it?
Yes, that is the correct model that you want; was just warning you and others to be careful with other stores that are still selling the older and horrible sounding LBS model still. Unfortunately, consistent & clear naming is not a strong suit of any store on AliExpress or Taobao but you are safe ordering from Jim @ NiceHCK (speaking of which I haven't heard directly from him since before the Chinese (Lunar) New Year... has anyone else? Strange that he has been so quiet).

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #58,169 of 75,075
Newb question: how do I order from aliexpress? Its not in english and I cant find an english version link.

I would like to start with a Yincrow RW-9. Id also like to order some of those silicone gaskets for improving fit.

Preference: bassy, warm, dim highs. Some call it mud. Negative slope frequency response.

Other recommendation instead of RW-9 thats not too expensive would be appreciated. Expediency (like from amazon) would be worthy.

This is my first earbud in awhile.* Had original Yuin PK1 back in the day and preferred to use over my full-size headphones… Then I lost my PK1 like 7years ago and havent really tried earbuds since. Its time to revisit but my tonal preferences have changed (old man now). Yincrow RW-9 sounds like a good place for me to start.

* In between Ive bought a few rando earbuds from Amazon but didnt like any of them: very coloured, lacked decent bass.

Porta Pro is the greatest headphone of all time imo. Something that sounds like that would be great. Porta Pro is only headphone Ive kept pretty much the entire span of being a member here. Next closest in tenure would be an old Sennheiser PX100 that eventually broke. Then after that would be the Yuin PK1.
You could try the link below on Aliexpress to order the Yincrow RW-9...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32868456063.html

NOTE: But, according to your preference of sounding warmer at a cheaper price (note your bolded words), you might want to get the Yincrow X6 instead...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32792292194.html

-Both links above should be in English.

Finally, I guess someone else could pitch in about sending you a link for the silicone gaskets for improving your personal fit.

Hope I was able to help...

-Clear :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #58,170 of 75,075
Yes, that is the correct model that you want; was just warning you and others to be careful with other stores that are still selling the older and horrible sounding LBS model still. Unfortunately, consistent & clear naming is not a strong suit of any store on AliExpress or Taobao but you are safe ordering from Jim @ NiceHCK (speaking of which I haven't heard directly from him since before the Chinese (Lunar) New Year... has anyone else? Strange that he has been so quiet).

I spoke to Jim on aliexpress about 2 months back, wanted to buy something from his NiceHCK store, he gave a discount for me as a returning customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back