Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #58,081 of 75,136
What foams if any are you fellow X6 Enjoyers using on them, btw?

Donuts yield excellent presence and treble detail, IMO.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #58,082 of 75,136
That's a little hard to bite off in terms that there is no upgrade bud to the X6.
Or are you saying you would have to spend more than $100, and what would that be for?

Some prefer the X6, some prefer the RW9. Personally, I love them both. I initially had the RW9's and raved about them for many months.. I then got the X6's and raved about them for many months until they broke. I've been back listening to the RW9's and, well, you get it. There is a very good chance that you will really like the RW9's, so you know what you gotta do lol! :)

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #58,083 of 75,136
Some prefer the X6, some prefer the RW9. Personally, I love them both. I initially had the RW9's and raved about them for many months.. I then got the X6's and raved about them for many months until they broke. I've been back listening to the RW9's and, well, you get it. There is a very good chance that you will really like the RW9's, so you know what you gotta do lol! :)
Yup! Both are actually good. But, until everyone here gets to buy both, they will actually realize how much better detailed the RW-9 will be from sub-bass, MID's, and treble. I always say that it's a "bold statement" when someone claims for one set of earbuds to be the best no matter what price and sticks to that claim. It's impossible for one set of ears to be better than everyone else that's dedicated to enjoying music the same way. Unless, someone graduated from an Audiophile school with a doctor's degree, we're all in the same boat, lol! So, I agree with you, everyone knows what they got to do...just get both and decide for themselves. I'm sure no one will be disappointed with the RW-9.

Thumbs up, my friend...:thumbsup:

-Clear

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #58,084 of 75,136
I'd personally buy the rw9, I prefer its tuning, same staging and overall resolution though. I've also had two of three X6's I bought die on me from the cable breaking; the rw9 is much more durable. Worth the extra $10 imo but if you have one there's no real reason to get the other.

This frequency response taken by @Sam L a while ago seems accurate to me.

Attachments

• yincrow_x6_vs_rw9.jpg
    yincrow_x6_vs_rw9.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 0
Oct 11, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #58,085 of 75,136
I'd personally buy the rw9, I prefer its tuning, same staging and overall resolution though. I've also had two of three X6's I bought die on me from the cable breaking; the rw9 is much more durable. Worth the extra $10 imo but if you have one there's no real reason to get the other.

This frequency response taken by @Sam L a while ago seems accurate to me.
+1 Agree!...Nice graph! You could see, plus hear the difference, especially in the sub-bass and higher details. It is definitely worth the extra $10.

PS. The X6 still sounds okay, but you could see in the graph how it has overly done mid-bass the same way it reminds me of the BL03's mid-bass.

Yincrow X6 vs RW-9.jpg

This graph needs to be passed more often, IMHO.
Cheers! :beerchug:

-Clear

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #58,087 of 75,136
I've been using my VE Monk Lites for a good few months and I've noticed an audible buzzing in the left earbud during low frequencies. Sounds like something has recently come loose inside the housing. Anyone know how to open up this type of housing? Seems stuck together really well.
Venture-ElectronicsVE-Monk-Lite-Earbud-Hifi-Earphone-for-mobile-phone.jpg
Have you tried blowing them from the side? sometimes this works but if not, you really should pry it open. Not an expert with that one though.

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #58,089 of 75,136
My X6 has developed intermittent crackling in the right earpiece. It doesn’t seem to correlate with music or cable positioning. Anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried sucking on it? (not joking lol)

Oct 11, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #58,091 of 75,136
Have you tried sucking on it? (not joking lol)
😂 I’ll give it a try. It’ll have to wait until the wife and dog are not looking. 😆 If you are joking @waynes world, I’ll never forgive you.

A hair would make sense. My Grado foams occasionally get hair in them and they make a similar Ouse, but it does typically correlate with what’s happening in the music.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #58,093 of 75,136
Donuts yield excellent presence and treble detail, IMO.

Just tried switching and ya, I think I prefer this to the full foam. Just a bit more sorely needed clarity.

Cba to actually compare though, I thought I had fairly nimble fingers but getting the donuts on was a PAIN lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back