Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 9, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #58,051 of 75,144
How do they ompare to Moondrop Chaconne?
Liebesleid has more mid bass as well as overall quantity. Chaconne has less bass but reaches down deeper. I won't consider Liebesleid to be a neutral sounding earbud, but Chaconne is closer to being one, though has a richer and ever so slightly warmer tone.
I haven't tried the Chaconne but Clieos gave a comparison here. I can tell you I have 3k+ iems and feel these sound wonderful. The only issue I have is earbuds don't fit me well in general.

Oct 9, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #58,052 of 75,144
I removed initially the filters but, at least with SO driver, I find that with type 1 I have enough bass, and high mids/low treble are less hot, to the point that now I can have long sessions with them.
yep, with super one and no filter the treble was too much for me and the bass was already deep enough and didnt feel improved with removing the driver.

Oct 10, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #58,054 of 75,144
I’ve not bought any earbuds for a while. I’ve ordered a shozy bk from penon today though :)

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #58,056 of 75,144
Hi folks~!

I wanted to ask something in regards to DIY buds. I plan on making handmade earbuds in the future with their own custom designed shells, unique but similar to others we have seen (mx500, yuin, qian39) what termination would you like me to add? I am open to ideas and suggestions!
This is things like 2pin and mmcx, or I could not bother and stick with the old attached cables. But I would like some interest on what you all like the idea of more :eyes:

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #58,057 of 75,144
Oct 10, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #58,058 of 75,144
To all who suggested the Yincrow X6 for a budget bud, they are awesome! Thanks!
Love the trebles! Most of the low priced ones I've tried seem veiled and muddy, or bland, but the X6 is sparkly and clear and airy with a lively sounding midrange, with a good soundstage.
And the bass has good presence and is very good as well. They are exciting buds for the price.

What would be something with a similar signature to the X6's treble, etc, but would be a significant upgrade for less than $100?

Edited for clarity. pun unintended...

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #58,059 of 75,144
To all who suggested the Yincrow X6 for a budget bud, they are awesome! Thanks!
Love the trebles! Most of the low priced ones I've tried seem veiled and muddy, or bland, but the X6 is sparkly and clear and live sounding, with a good soundstage.
And the mids and bass have good presence and are great as well. They are exciting buds for the price.

What would be something with a similar signature to the X6's treble, etc, but would be a significant upgrade for less than $100?
True upgrade for the X6 does not exist.

Unless you use PEQ with the LBBS.

Oct 10, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #58,060 of 75,144
Yesterday I got the Dongle DAC I bought from VE Site (Avani), and now I can safely say that it is purely Scam. There is not even iota of change in the sound quality and in fact it was very loud all of a sudden but then I did something.

There is no change in Sample rate or bit rate or anything else. This proves that these Dongles and Connectors are scam from these Phone companies so people will spend money in buying them as 3.5mm Jack will not be there.

I knew that it is just marketing gimmick and just to increase sales by phone companies but as many guys here were saying that as I did not use it, I cannot say if that is good or not. But now I have used it and it just connect the phone without 3.5mm Jack to your earbuds. Your DAC receives Analog signal and passes to the earphones.
Admin blocked me fro one thread for posting the above. So I was right that the scam of removing 3.5mm Port benefited admin of this site too. No wonder why they are blindly favouring Dongles while it does not make any difference. And on top of that, they think that blocking someone will change the reality? :)

Oct 10, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #58,061 of 75,144
Hi folks~!

I wanted to ask something in regards to DIY buds. I plan on making handmade earbuds in the future with their own custom designed shells, unique but similar to others we have seen (mx500, yuin, qian39) what termination would you like me to add? I am open to ideas and suggestions!
This is things like 2pin and mmcx, or I could not bother and stick with the old attached cables. But I would like some interest on what you all like the idea of more :eyes:
I've been interested in the m2s pro shell, mainly due to its integrated bass vent. I'd also like to buy just the female connector unit, then solder that to whatever dynamic driver you want.. that way you should be able to sample all the drivers on AliExpress relatively painlessly via the m2s pro system. Probably a lot easier to tune, too.

Really wish they'd sell just those single parts.

Attachments

• H2196393ac8054bb1bbf70dfa182a7bdeX.jpg_640x640q90.jpg
    H2196393ac8054bb1bbf70dfa182a7bdeX.jpg_640x640q90.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 0
  • H0347837f07e74a498731942960abea1ci.jpg_640x640q90.jpg
    H0347837f07e74a498731942960abea1ci.jpg_640x640q90.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
Oct 10, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #58,062 of 75,144
Anyone care to lend some guidance to an earbuds newb? So, I have 2 cheap sets ordered from AE (Yincrow X6 and the Qian39; will likely order K's Bell-LBs during 11/11 sales cuz I'm suddenly miserly, hahahaha) to get some idea of what types of buds will fit me.

Anyway, I think the X6 are based on MX500-style bud right? Are more higher tier (read: costlier) sets like the Fiio EM5 and Yincrow RW2000 also MX500-style shells?

Oct 10, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #58,063 of 75,144
X6 is based on the MX500 shell. LBBS is K's smallest bell shape bud and fits best to me. Fiio EM5 has its own shape, it is similar to MX500 in that it's flat with a stem to be worn wire down.. it's a worse fit for me than MX500 as it wears slightly larger, especially with the bass flute on the back of the shell. The shell itself is fairly light which helps, but overall I would say it's a poor fit for my smaller-ish ears. RW2000 will be more forgiving since its MMCX compatible shell means you can wear the cable over the ear, and suspending the bud that way can help keep it in place. I think before looking at the RW2000 if you want to stay at a lower price tier you can consider the M2S Pro and possibly upgrade to the 150 ohm golden driver as well. I personally don't recommend the Fiio EM5 on tuning alone, not to mention price and fit.

Oct 10, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #58,064 of 75,144
True upgrade for the X6 does not exist.

Unless you use PEQ with the LBBS.

That's a little hard to bite off in terms that there is no upgrade bud to the X6.
Or are you saying you would have to spend more than $100, and what would that be for?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #58,065 of 75,144
X6 is based on the MX500 shell. LBBS is K's smallest bell shape bud and fits best to me. Fiio EM5 has its own shape, it is similar to MX500 in that it's flat with a stem to be worn wire down.. it's a worse fit for me than MX500 as it wears slightly larger, especially with the bass flute on the back of the shell. The shell itself is fairly light which helps, but overall I would say it's a poor fit for my smaller-ish ears. RW2000 will be more forgiving since its MMCX compatible shell means you can wear the cable over the ear, and suspending the bud that way can help keep it in place. I think before looking at the RW2000 if you want to stay at a lower price tier you can consider the M2S Pro and possibly upgrade to the 150 ohm golden driver as well. I personally don't recommend the Fiio EM5 on tuning alone, not to mention price and fit.
This is helpful, thank you. I'm simply at the stage of trying to suss out what types of shells will fit me (and what some buds fit in which generic shell-type categories), so even though I absolutely do not want a collection, I figure I have no choice other than trying out several types and see what works for me. Sound charateristics, for now, is of no concern...I mean, I KNOW what I am after, it's just that at this stage, all I care about is figuring out the fit part of the equation and going from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back