Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 8, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #58,037 of 74,992
So I've managed to lose my Fengru TC200s after 2 years of enjoying them. Can someone recommend a similarly priced replacement? They were amazing for £6/$10.

I have FAAEAL Iris 2.0 in my basket right now for £6. How do they compare?

Any other recommendations would be great.

I won't be the only one suggesting the Yincrow X6.

Oct 8, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #58,038 of 74,992
Oct 8, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #58,039 of 74,992
How is the MS2 Pro 150ohm driver bass compare to your blur?

Thanks
I don’t have them in that shell right now so comparison would have to come from memory. From memory, the Blur MX64 can’t touch the bass of the 150 Ohm driver. The Blur bass is at least as clear, but not as deep. The rest of the spectrum goes to the Blur however. The Blur PK32 beats it In depth and clarity. Out of everything I’ve heard, the 150 Ohm SMABAT in the M2s Pro shell is the best deal. I never got it perfected to the degree that the SO driver is in that shell, but it’s so close when you first plug it in that I never put in the effort. It does add a metallic timbre whereas the Blur just seem to expose the natural timbre of the recorded instruments.

Oct 8, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #58,040 of 74,992
So I've managed to lose my Fengru TC200s after 2 years of enjoying them. Can someone recommend a similarly priced replacement? They were amazing for £6/$10.

I have FAAEAL Iris 2.0 in my basket right now for £6. How do they compare?

Any other recommendations would be great.
I’ve really been enjoying the Qian39 for its excellent comfort and quite pleasant warm mid-centric tonality with very good soundstage. $5 from NiceHCK via their “lucky bag” listing which is always the Qian39.

Oct 9, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #58,043 of 74,992
I’ve started using earbuds a lot more recently. I’ve been working from home for the past 18 months and I find earbuds more comfortable. I like that the flagships are way cheaper than flagship iems too!

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #58,046 of 74,992
I asked Smabat about the filter that comes with the M2sPro shell and they said Type 1 which means the sub bass can't be improved with any of the filters.
i think technically you can remove the filter for more bass, but after having done that i think having type 1 still sounds best. if i want more bass i go full foam + a donut foam around it as it doesn't drastically reduce clarity

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #58,049 of 74,992
i think technically you can remove the filter for more bass, but after having done that i think having type 1 still sounds best. if i want more bass i go full foam + a donut foam around it as it doesn't drastically reduce clarity
I removed initially the filters but, at least with SO driver, I find that with type 1 I have enough bass, and high mids/low treble are less hot, to the point that now I can have long sessions with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back