Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 7, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #58,021 of 75,127
Shozy Cygnus 4.4mm balanced version is available now.

https://penonaudio.com/shozy-cygnus.html

Japan imported Bispa 4.4mm balanced gold-plated plug
Cable entry aperture: 5mm
Shell diameter: 9mm
Shell material: bronze nickel-plated

SHOZY Cygnus 4.4mm.jpg

Last edited:
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Oct 7, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #58,022 of 75,127
Hello Ronion, how do the LBBs compare to your Blur earbuds?
They are warmer/muddier and slower with a smaller soundstage than the Blur MX64. However, the shell is a better fit for my ears. Two different price points though and the LBBs are great for the money.
Yesterday I got the Dongle DAC I bought from VE Site (Avani), and now I can safely say that it is purely Scam. There is not even iota of change in the sound quality and in fact it was very loud all of a sudden but then I did something.

There is no change in Sample rate or bit rate or anything else. This proves that these Dongles and Connectors are scam from these Phone companies so people will spend money in buying them as 3.5mm Jack will not be there.

I knew that it is just marketing gimmick and just to increase sales by phone companies but as many guys here were saying that as I did not use it, I cannot say if that is good or not. But now I have used it and it just connect the phone without 3.5mm Jack to your earbuds. Your DAC receives Analog signal and passes to the earphones.
They only real advantage you bank on with a dongle is more power and there are only a couple that I’ve found that are 2 volts. I’m pretty sure those are all made with the same chip. The rest are 1v as far as I’ve seen and the Apple dongle has the cleanest measurements. Maybe some of the others have a degree of Euphonic effect… they definitely measure different And there are definitely people who state they hear a difference. I’m sure I have amps that sound different. I use the Little Bear tube amp for the purpose of sounding different and euphonic with some headphones/program material.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #58,025 of 75,127
Hi Guys,
I need some tws earbud recommendation that has shape like airpods and the sound close to harman target curve.
Thanks for your help.
I just bought the soundpeats trueair2, and it's quite good for $28. It really sounds a lot like the gen2 airpods but with heavier bass. Similar technicalities, tuning, and soundstage. Still gotta spend more time with it before writing anything else but I'm pretty pleased with my purchase. Attached image is the EQ setting I'm using (along with the EQ I use on the airpods), everything's pretty well tuned. I added more bass for fun, but stock tuning is definitely a warm one, it might have as much bass as the yincrow X6 (both with foams).

Only problem I'm having with them is that the audio sometimes stutters on the left earbud after connecting to my phone, but it seems to clear up after a minute. I've only used them for a couple hours so far so I'm still not interested in posting a full review.

Also it's terrible for gaming, very hard to tell where footsteps/gunsots are coming from, even with the "game mode" activated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211007-092741_AIMP.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-092741_AIMP.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20211007-092956_AIMP.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-092956_AIMP.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 7, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #58,027 of 75,127
I just bought the soundpeats trueair2, and it's quite good for $28. It really sounds a lot like the gen2 airpods but with heavier bass. Similar technicalities, tuning, and soundstage. Still gotta spend more time with it before writing anything else but I'm pretty pleased with my purchase. Attached image is the EQ setting I'm using (along with the EQ I use on the airpods), everything's pretty well tuned. I added more bass for fun, but stock tuning is definitely a warm one, it might have as much bass as the yincrow X6 (both with foams).

Only problem I'm having with them is that the audio sometimes stutters on the left earbud after connecting to my phone, but it seems to clear up after a minute. I've only used them for a couple hours so far so I'm still not interested in posting a full review.

Also it's terrible for gaming, very hard to tell where footsteps/gunsots are coming from, even with the "game mode" activated.
I just bought it too 😆. For me it sounds inaccurate for most songs on my playlist. Thanks for the eq, i will try.

The problem that happen on your buds happen too on my unit. Everytime i walk far from phone then return back it always stutter.

Oct 7, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #58,028 of 75,127
They are warmer/muddier and slower with a smaller soundstage than the Blur MX64. However, the shell is a better fit for my ears. Two different price points though and the LBBs are great for the money.
Did you just call @RikudouGoku endgame muddy:grin:

Oct 8, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #58,031 of 75,127
One man's trash is another man's end game in a hobby as subjective as "listen to things" anyway
You're right. As long as we all enjoy our buds, I guess that's all that matters. This hobby is subjective depending on hearing ability, sources, type of music, etc. Some hyped buds might be endgame for some, to others pure trash.

Oct 8, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #58,032 of 75,127
I did—but that doesn’t make it true. Just relative to my Blur. Compared to everything else I own, they are not muddy.
I love my LBBS (via THX AAA 789) so I am super excited to hear the MX64 sTe

Oct 8, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #58,033 of 75,127
I did—but that doesn’t make it true. Just relative to my Blur. Compared to everything else I own, they are not muddy.
How is the MS2 Pro 150ohm driver bass compare to your blur?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back