Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 4, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #57,976 of 75,134
Busted out my Yincrow X6s for the first time in a while since I got the Qudelix 5k a while ago and wanted to try them, and while these are certainly enjoyable especially with electronic music, I feel like the mids could be better. Some male vocals, for example, sound a bit weird and unnatural to my ears. Kinda like they're compressed and played back through a thin wall?

Any buds to recommend that don't sacrifice too much of the bass and the general easy listening characteristic of the X6 but offer clearer, more natural sounding mids?

Also, unrelated to what I asked, but god I hate the X6 cable lol. It's straight up my second least favorite cable of any thing ever, right after the Beyerdynamics DT770.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #57,977 of 75,134
Busted out my Yincrow X6s for the first time in a while since I got the Qudelix 5k a while ago and wanted to try them, and while these are certainly enjoyable especially with electronic music, I feel like the mids could be better. Some male vocals, for example, sound a bit weird and unnatural to my ears. Kinda like they're compressed and played back through a thin wall?

Any buds to recommend that don't sacrifice too much of the bass and the general easy listening characteristic of the X6 but offer clearer, more natural sounding mids?
Try the EP05, the unique open back tuning make it sounds natural flat response full bandwidth with clear mids, if you comes from v-shaped buds then the EP05 considered sounds like n-shaped, but it not all highs/bass are intact, just like flat/neutral best soundings buds.
Search for other $16 sellers (the linked one got greedy) and hope on good lucky draw:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jcally-ep05-jc10-bio-cel-endgame-16-worth-1000.959655/

Oct 4, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #57,978 of 75,134

Also, unrelated to what I asked, but god I hate the X6 cable lol. It's straight up my second least favorite cable of any thing ever, right after the Beyerdynamics DT770.
I feel the same.. Somehow X6 does not sync well with Qudelix 5K.. The mid become muddy and too V shape..

X6 sounded better with CXPro CX31993

Oct 4, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #57,979 of 75,134
Try the EP05, the unique open back tuning make it sounds natural flat response full bandwidth with clear mids, if you comes from v-shaped buds then the EP05 considered sounds like n-shaped, but it not all highs/bass are intact, just like flat/neutral best soundings buds.
Search for other $16 sellers (the linked one got greedy) and hope on good lucky draw:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jcally-ep05-jc10-bio-cel-endgame-16-worth-1000.959655/

Is that... a detachable cable on an earbud? Fuken SOLD!

I feel the same.. Somehow X6 does not sync well with Qudelix 5K.. The mid become muddy and too V shape..

X6 sounded better with CXPro CX31993

Ah, didn't even consider it could be partially the Q5k's fault too. I'll have to compare against my desktop setup later today.

Oct 4, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #57,980 of 75,134
LBBS + PEQ

Oct 4, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #57,981 of 75,134
LBBS + PEQ
what is PEQ stand for?
btw thanks for your recommendation LBBS! i like it a lot!
my 1st bud is toneking tp16, at 1st i want to buy yincrow x6, but the housing really2 hurt my ear after 1 h - 2h listening.
so i choose LBBS base on your ranking.

btw, can u help me choose new buds for rolling? because i want buy another bud that offer great bass, but have small housing like LBBS,

aldy got recommendation ve monk lite SPC, but if u have another recommendation, i will appreciate it a lot :D

Oct 4, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #57,982 of 75,134
what is PEQ stand for?
btw thanks for your recommendation LBBS! i like it a lot!
my 1st bud is toneking tp16, at 1st i want to buy yincrow x6, but the housing really2 hurt my ear after 1 h - 2h listening.
so i choose LBBS base on your ranking.

btw, can u help me choose new buds for rolling? because i want buy another bud that offer great bass, but have small housing like LBBS,

aldy got recommendation ve monk lite SPC, but if u have another recommendation, i will appreciate it a lot :D
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rik...-list-music-list.925319/page-57#post-16492062

This is all you need lol.

Oct 4, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #57,983 of 75,134
what is PEQ stand for?
Parametric Equalizer...

The normal equalizer we know (usually named as Graphic EQ) are set with predefined bands (say 5 bands, 7, 10, and so on) and center frequencies. The chosen frequencies usually based on logarithmic scale jump in between bands... Then it also has predefined 'bandwidth' while applying gain or attenuation, creating peak or valley.

With PEQ, we could freely choose the center frequency and the bandwidth and contour (peak/valley, shelf, band-pass filter)
This is what RikudouGoku mention on his post above

Oct 4, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #57,987 of 75,134
Please can someone say a Yuin pk3 replacement?
3466582831_bf7c571f17_b.jpg

Unfortunately I don't trust any yuin pk3 made after 2015 or so. They are either fake, or the manufacturer is making them different, they don't sound as "wow, why does it sound that good" anymore. Im looking for a replacement. Got the nicehck EB2, good, but not as good. Any recommendations???

Oct 4, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #57,988 of 75,134
Please can someone say a Yuin pk3 replacement?
3466582831_bf7c571f17_b.jpg

Unfortunately I don't trust any yuin pk3 made after 2015 or so. They are either fake, or the manufacturer is making them different, they don't sound as "wow, why does it sound that good" anymore. Im looking for a replacement. Got the nicehck EB2, good, but not as good. Any recommendations???
Pretty much from what I understand, white text pk's (the ones that are in that photo there) were stopped being made then someone bought all the equipment that was used and made worse ones in the same name. Theyre not really "fakes", just very poorly made ones which use grey text instead of white.

As for a replacement to the PK3, thats a bit of a funny one. Im sure someone in this thread will know, but I use as my daily driver right now the ShoonTH ESEP-01BLE that ise "foster" drivers and they sound wonderful. Hate the cable it uses though lol.

Oct 4, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #57,989 of 75,134

If you go a step up to the Yincrow RW-9, it offers cleaner and better transparent MID's with better hi-end details, while the sub-bass digs deeper with less overly done mid-bass. So, in a sense you get better transparency and life-like coherency that sounds more natural at the average normal volume. Plus, there's different color cable with buds to choose from, which in my opinion, is also a step up.

You can check out the link below...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32868456063.html

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back