Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 28, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #57,931 of 75,076
I think the X6 is a good gateway into earbuds. It’s what got me over the hump (meaning it was a catalyst). I’d urge you to enjoy it a bit and keep it as a beater until it’s no longer functioning.

not too push you into something else, but…..

The next leap forward to me would be a SMABAT in my opinion. People are really enjoying the LBBs and I totally understand that. It has zero actual flaws. It’s comfy, comfy, comfy, easy to drive and it sounds really good no matter genre or safe listening level you are listening at. Definitely more detailed than the X6. It’s ALSO more neutral than the X6 out of the box, but that difference is minor IMO. Both have great tonality.

The reason I would say a SMABAT next vs. the LBBs is it allows you to explore a bit deeper in whatever direction you want to go. The cost is essentially the same as the LBBs. The M2s pro shell costs a bit more vs the M0 and offers deeper bass and a bigger soundstage. The M0 is smaller and sits a bit better in my ears. The 150 Ohm driver is an electronic music champ that still does justice to vocals and other genres, while the Super One driver is my favorite SMABAT for acoustic and classical genres but I never got it dialed in with the M0 shell. Both of those drivers and both of those Shells have more potential than the LBBs, but with the M0 I’d only do the 150 Ohm driver and it still sounds better in the M2s Pro.
How much was the m2s pro shell and the 150 ohm driver or super one driver goes during sale?

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #57,933 of 75,076
Hey everyone,

Been a while but I ended up buying the Yincrow X6 and they are great! I'm looking to get a pair that I can wear at the gym upside down/ around my ear like iems for $25 or under from aliexpress. I've tried using the Yingcrow but they don't sit well for me upside down.

Thanks!

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #57,934 of 75,076
Hey everyone,

Been a while but I ended up buying the Yincrow X6 and they are great! I'm looking to get a pair that I can wear at the gym upside down/ around my ear like iems for $25 or under from aliexpress. I've tried using the Yingcrow but they don't sit well for me upside down.

Thanks!
You could always buy a silicon ring or winged silicons(forgot the name) to seal them on your ears. Generally though, I do not like using earbuds whilst I'm jogging as most are light and I'm hearing rattles when running.

Smabat has over the ears buds I think. Otherwise I stick to IEMs for gym use because they have better seal most of the time.

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #57,935 of 75,076
How much was the m2s pro shell and the 150 ohm driver or super one driver goes during sale?
The normal price on the shell is $25, but it’s sold out at this time. Not sure if it will ever go on sale; demand seems pretty high. Got the 150Ohm driver on sale for $18 Though its normal price is in the $25 range. I also haven’t seen the Super One driver go on sale and it’s pricey at nearly $40. I love it, glad I have it, but the $150 ohm driver is the better deal. The Super One does make it considerably more expensive that the LBBs which I got on sale for $35 And is around $45 at the moment.

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #57,936 of 75,076
I've ordered the Smabat M2s.
I'm curious to read a comparison between the gold 150 Ohm driver and the super 100 Ohm driver. The super driver is considerably more expansive.
The 150 Ohm driver has a wider frequency range on both ends, though the Super One is no slouch. The SO tends to be brighter overall but can be tuned to be very beautiful and has a smoother sound. Both have a large soundstage but my ear says the SO is larger. The 150 ohm sounds a lot like the 40 ohm, just better in every way. The biggest difference to me is more note weight on the 150 is heavier or more dense. I bet they graph similarly, but the 150 comes through with authority. It does require a small amp however and scales very well from there. 1 volt dongles won’t do it justice. I wonder if VE’s 2 volt dongle will for $11, but that’s a discussion for a different time, a different place. The SO is great for orchestral music because of the soundstage and the way it gets instrument’s timbre across. Bowed strings sound more like bowed strings. Though brass may actually sound a smidgeon better on the 150. It’s close. I prefer the 150 on electronic music because of its harder hitting, deeper, drier bass and better portrayal of electronic hi hats. The instrument separation seems to be a touch better on the 150 as well. It’s a drier sounding driver. To me, the SO is more euphonic/analog sounding where the 150 Ohm is like a precision made digital music machine. Both are a step up (IMO!) to the LBBs Though the LBBs is cool. It’s even handed and does everything well for the price. Whatever genres you like, the LBBs delivers it in a very levelheaded manor. It actually sort of sits between the 2 but has less frequency range than either and less detail. Drier sounding than the SO, more organic/wet than the 150.
9CE72C26-6D87-4153-8554-CA16EE68CCAF.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #57,937 of 75,076
I'm absolutely loving the EM5... incredibly addictive! Very curious to hear how my incoming Blur compare.

Sep 28, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #57,939 of 75,076
Sep 28, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #57,940 of 75,076
The 150 Ohm driver has a wider frequency range on both ends, though the Super One is no slouch. The SO tends to be brighter overall but can be tuned to be very beautiful and has a smoother sound. Both have a large soundstage but my ear says the SO is larger. The 150 ohm sounds a lot like the 40 ohm, just better in every way. The biggest difference to me is more note weight on the 150 is heavier or more dense. I bet they graph similarly, but the 150 comes through with authority. It does require a small amp however and scales very well from there. 1 volt dongles won’t do it justice. I wonder if VE’s 2 volt dongle will for $11, but that’s a discussion for a different time, a different place. The SO is great for orchestral music because of the soundstage and the way it gets instrument’s timbre across. Bowed strings sound more like bowed strings. Though brass may actually sound a smidgeon better on the 150. It’s close. I prefer the 150 on electronic music because of its harder hitting, deeper, drier bass and better portrayal of electronic hi hats. The instrument separation seems to be a touch better on the 150 as well. It’s a drier sounding driver. To me, the SO is more euphonic/analog sounding where the 150 Ohm is like a precision made digital music machine. Both are a step up (IMO!) to the LBBs Though the LBBs is cool. It’s even handed and does everything well for the price. Whatever genres you like, the LBBs delivers it in a very levelheaded manor. It actually sort of sits between the 2 but has less frequency range than either and less detail. Drier sounding than the SO, more organic/wet than the 150.9CE72C26-6D87-4153-8554-CA16EE68CCAF.jpeg
Thanks!

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #57,941 of 75,076
The normal price on the shell is $25, but it’s sold out at this time. Not sure if it will ever go on sale; demand seems pretty high. Got the 150Ohm driver on sale for $18 Though its normal price is in the $25 range. I also haven’t seen the Super One driver go on sale and it’s pricey at nearly $40. I love it, glad I have it, but the $150 ohm driver is the better deal. The Super One does make it considerably more expensive that the LBBs which I got on sale for $35 And is around $45 at the moment.

Thanks. I got the lbbs at around 30usd which makes it a very good deal.

There was a post a few pages back that shows smabat changes the driver for 150ohm with a generic blue 150ohm. Not sure what smabat says about this.

Sep 29, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #57,942 of 75,076
I thought that was just in an ad Through a 3rd party seller? I looked for the post but was unable to find it through the search engine or manually. Nonetheless, the customer service I’ve received from SMABAT has honest been stellar. They’ve done nothing to make me think or feel they are the least bit shady and their communication has been quick, courteous and clear. I’m not a SMABAT shill if you’re thinking along those lines. My SMABAT are not my favorite buds—Blur is my best. I’m probably best thought of as an uncompensated Blur shill. 😆

Sep 29, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #57,943 of 75,076
I thought that was just in an ad Through a 3rd party seller? I looked for the post but was unable to find it through the search engine or manually. Nonetheless, the customer service I’ve received from SMABAT has honest been stellar. They’ve done nothing to make me think or feel they are the least bit shady and their communication has been quick, courteous and clear. I’m not a SMABAT shill if you’re thinking along those lines. My SMABAT are not my favorite buds—Blur is my best. I’m probably best thought of as an uncompensated Blur shill. 😆
Hope they really don't do that. Blur is great the only weakness is higher prce.

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #57,944 of 75,076
Recently got into IEM's big time. Actually traded away almost all of my HP's and put together a decent selection (BLON, CCA, Tin, Tripowin, Planamic, iSine, and high end Earsonics S-EM9). Really have no experience with earbuds and bought a pair of FAAEAL Ancestor just to dip my toes in the water. I was pleasantly surprised that they sounded pretty good (when amped). Reading through this thread and trying to sort through all the info is a little tough. Any chance some of you could recommend a few in the sub $30 category (I'd like to order a few to try without spending big bucks) and where to buy them? I will be using them 95% of the time with my home setups (Topping DX7 Pro, JDS EL amp, Liquid Spark, Musical Fidelity M1HPA). Any help and guidance greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back