Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 8, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #57,721 of 75,146
Looser braids are really quite nice on stiffer cables. I think you will see what I mean when you get them. :beerchug:
Yeah I didn't mean it in a bad way, excited to handle it!

Sep 8, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #57,722 of 75,146
That's too bad. Cable looks fine to me, just a looser braid than I'm used to seeing. I'll be sure to post my impressions here when I receive them!
I see you have the Blur, too. Mine is the 266 MX64 aPs so a quick comparison with the Newbsound X will be much appreciated. :ksc75smile:

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #57,724 of 75,146
I found MMCX Vido in Aliexpress.
It's a bit more expensive than the RY4S MMCX Plus, but I think it's superior in terms of bass. :relaxed:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002939928996.html

Wow good find!

The normal Vidos without detachable cables go at $1ish USD. With MMCX it is $12.99!!!

I really like my Vidos, but TBH, for $13 USD I may rather look at stuff like RY4S Plus, FAAEAL Rosemary, Yincrow X6.

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #57,725 of 75,146
Initial Super One driver in M2S Pro shell impressions compared to golden driver (I am waiting on another cable and it'll be easier to do comparisons with stock 40ohm, gold, and super together. I only have 2 shells and 1 cable at the moment). worn with full foams

- Bigger subbass quality and rumble
- Brighter treble -- this is probably the biggest difference because it changes from the golden driver what I would consider a balanced/neutral and sort of laid back presentation. My initial impression was the super one driver is almost V-shaped because of its sub-bass quantity and a perceived higher clarity, sparkle, and air in the treble
- Treble seems to be 'sharp' in certain sounds, like a snare drum or clap, but it also seems to add more texture to the sounds
- Soundstage and imaging seems to be most technically proficient on the super one driver
- Female vocals seem airy, but sometimes potentially sharp, metallic. Against bass-heavy tracks, they seem a little distant. This might be 'veiled vocals' in reviewer speak
- Male vocals, seems similar to female vocals. A little dry
- Instrument separation seems clearer and distinct
- edit: I think this has bass bleed or something. some bass starts to sound 'wonky', like a fuzzy horn honking instead of a tighter low frequency tone.

As a result of fuller subbass, sparklier/airer treble, solid imaging and soundstage, and clearer instrument separation, it seems to leave the vocals behind. I mean that in the sense that doesn't immediately strike me as a 'ooh, forward vocals' type of bud. I can clearly hear the vocals, they just don't have the same kind of impact and emphasis as the surrounding instrumentation or beat.

I'm curious to hear other impressions as well. I think as an option for an M2s Pro Shell, this could be a sidegrade depending on what kind of music you listen to. I think the gold driver (from memory) is an upgrade over stock. Between gold and Super, since the price isnt too far off I think you can justify trying either. If the Super One shell/package at $200+ sounds like this then it wouldn't make sense to do over building your own Smabat bud.

edit: currently leaning towards gold driver over super one driver :\. just seems more balanced tonality wise. its possible that super one has an edge on technicalities but i guess it doesnt matter if you dont like the tonality.

edit2: omg this almost feels like.. if you are into IEMs..

super one driver = ikko oh10
gold driver = blessing2 dusk

in the sense that the super one driver is a more 'fun' sound that's decently technical, good stage, but lots of sub bass and air but vocals feel lacking. more about the music/production/instrumentation than the vocals

gold driver is more balanced overall with a more neutral tonality and a touch of warmth to sound full and lush. also decently technical but maybe soundstage is a little narrower and some microdynamics/texture/detail is missing (or rather, maybe super one driver artificially increases it with the boosted treble from 2k-5k)
I just got mine this evening. It was a nice surprise to say the least. I put it in my M0 shell and all I can say is that it will definitely need more tweaking in that shell. It is BRIGHT! So I put the type 1 filter and it improved immensely, but still didn’t sound as nice as the 150Ohm in the M2s Pro shell. It’s still too bright and the crazy deep bass that’s so easy to love is reduced. So I swapped shells and that’s a real help. Oddly, that 150Ohm driver doesn’t seem to Be as affected by the shell swap. The type 1 filter seems to work wonders for it And the M2s Pro works wonders for the Super One driver. It will take time to tease out which I prefer but I’m leaning toward the 150 Ohm. I’m sort of glad that one is not radically better than the other. The 150 Ohm does seem slightly higher resolution though and the Super One a bit closer to the Zen Lite. like I said though, it will take some time.

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #57,726 of 75,146
I just got mine this evening. It was a nice surprise to say the least. I put it in my M0 shell and all I can say is that it will definitely need more tweaking in that shell. It is BRIGHT! So I put the type 1 filter and it improved immensely, but still didn’t sound as nice as the 150Ohm in the M2s Pro shell. It’s still too bright and the crazy deep bass that’s so easy to love is reduced. So I swapped shells and that’s a real help. Oddly, that 150Ohm driver doesn’t seem to Be as affected by the shell swap. The type 1 filter seems to work wonders for it And the M2s Pro works wonders for the Super One driver. It will take time to tease out which I prefer but I’m leaning toward the 150 Ohm. I’m sort of glad that one is not radically better than the other. The 150 Ohm does seem slightly higher resolution though and the Super One a bit closer to the Zen Lite. like I said though, it will take some time.
do you find the mids to be recessed, or vocals distant compared to instruments?

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #57,728 of 75,146
So I just got my LBBS and the right side is quieter than the left side...

I tested it with https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/ and also swapped it between my ears to make sure it wasn't my ears being damaged.

The quality control on chinese earbuds is not good.
File a claim with AliExpress. Just be thankful the problem happened out of box and not after the protection period ended!

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #57,730 of 75,146
Are they going to make me ship it all the way back to China for $50 though?
Depends on the shop but if they don’t make it good for free file the claim with AliExpress and they should cover you.

Sep 8, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #57,731 of 75,146
Seems like it is worse than just 1 side being louder than the other.

I managed to download a db meter for my phone so I can be more scientific, and it seems like the loudness is equal at low frequencies, but as I go above 300hz the loudness difference gets worse, all the way up to a 15 db difference at 3000 hz. I'm guessing the treble on the left side is broken.

Depends on the shop but if they don’t make it good for free file the claim with AliExpress and they should cover you.
I suspect I bought it from the same place everyone else here did, I got it from Nicehck. I am sad because they sound really good otherwise.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #57,733 of 75,146
Seems like it is worse than just 1 side being louder than the other.

I managed to download a db meter for my phone so I can be more scientific, and it seems like the loudness is equal at low frequencies, but as I go above 300hz the loudness difference gets worse, all the way up to a 15 db difference at 3000 hz. I'm guessing the treble on the left side is broken.

I suspect I bought it from the same place everyone else here did, I got it from Nicehck. I am sad because they sound really good otherwise.
If the seller is NiceHCK, you can use the Contact Seller button on the transaction screen to open a chat window to discuss the sound problem.
They will ask you to send them video evidence, so NiceHCK may send you a new LBBS.

If they don't, you'll need Open Dispute.

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #57,734 of 75,146
If the seller is NiceHCK, you can use the Contact Seller button on the transaction screen to open a chat window to discuss the sound problem.
They will ask you to send them video evidence, so NiceHCK may send you a new LBBS.

If they don't, you'll need Open Dispute.
Ok thanks for the suggestion, time for me to try and record this on my cell phone with 1 hand.

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #57,735 of 75,146
So I just got my LBBS and the right side is quieter than the left side...

I tested it with https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/ and also swapped it between my ears to make sure it wasn't my ears being damaged.

The quality control on chinese earbuds is not good.
Unfortunately, that is appearing to be more and more the case. Sad. Here is my ordeal if you haven't already read about it. I too have a volume (loudness) mismatch as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back