Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 3, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #57,646 of 75,119
One of my best earbuds :)
20210903_130033~2.jpg

Sep 3, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #57,648 of 75,119
What vido are those?
Its a custom tuned LCP driver I specifically requested in vido shell. Its so I can see who judges sound based on looks instead of using their ears :wink:

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #57,651 of 75,119
Looking at that picture, you could easily put in some MMCX connenctors?! They look nice either way.
Earbuds sound better without mmcx to me :)

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #57,652 of 75,119
Found this in facebook. Anyone knows what brand it is?

Is it from TForce audio?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1630727023641.jpg
    FB_IMG_1630727023641.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 0
Sep 4, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #57,656 of 75,119
Now with airy mode Vido is unbeatable at the price paid. Good details and no longer so warm 😉
Looks nice. Unfortunately I cannot recable it. No idea how to do.
Well my m0 + 40 ohm drivers arrived today and :frowning2:
20210901_142721 circled.jpg20210901_142648 circled.jpg

The connector look like it is jammed with something metal and trying to plug it in damaged the drivers. Very sad, been looking forward to these but support is sending me a new lot for a dollar no more questions so I guess that is ok. Anyone know if there is anyway to salvage something from these? Cutting off the connector and soldering a different driver in?
Did you get replacement? They are very expensive ones and I am even thinking should I order or not as no review or idea about the sound quality

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #57,657 of 75,119
If you are wanting the end game without having to collect too many buds along the way, I would go with the Chaconne or the Yincrow RW2000. Chaconne is better in almost every way, except where bass is concerned. Yincrow is such a fantastic all-rounder that I would recommend them for everything (including bassy music plus they are cheaper and have a replaceable cable). Matter of fact, I have a new leader in my stable (sort of). More like a tie(ish):

I have a new ranking for my buds (non EQ’ed) at this point as follows:

1. Moondrop Chaconne (actually tied with) Yincrow RW2000 - Chaconne for home and critical listening, RW2000 for out and about, and some critical listening.
  2. DUNU Alpha 1 - Just lovely overall
  3. Rose Maria II – The dual driver crossover tuning, just makes those different frequencies sort of disconnected, plus the 3k range is way up there (a lot). But these have the absolute widest soundstage ever, making them still a keeper. The refinement and technicalities on these are second to none. The tuning is my only issue with them. Luckily they take EQ well.
  4. Smabat ST10S Gold – Overall these are good, but again with the 3K boost.
  5. Smabat M2S Pro – Even more boosted in 3k than the ST10S Gold.
  6. Apple Classic Earbuds 2nd generation – Generally a non fatiguing sound (Harmon minus the bass quantity).

My list after doing some EQ work on any/all that need them are:

1. Moondrop Chaconne – Becomes even better, nothing can touch these. They become as good as or better than $1k IEMs. ($300)
  2. Yincrow RW2000 – These fall behind the Chaconne, but not by a ton. ($138)
  3. DUNU Alpha 1 - Really, no EQ needed here (even though they are a bit hot in 3k area. ($40)
  4. Smabat ST10S Gold – Man, these come close to the RW2000 after some EQ. ($100)
  5. Rose Maria II – OMG these can literally be basshead buds with some EQ, which make them extremely fun. ($400)
  6. Smabat M2S Pro – I do like these, I just don’t think they are as refined as the rest. ($60)
  7. Apple Classic Earbuds 2nd generation – With some EQ these actually might be swapped with position 5 because of how wide the soundstage is on these. (Free with iPod Photo version)
My purchasing habits are that I tend to find and buy those "gems" that punch in at way more than their price might indicate. In this case (with earbuds), I actually didn't save much money, because I pretty much started at mid-tier and went up. But, compared to the cost of IEMs, in the same brackets, I feel justified in my purchases at this point.

Of those "gems" I was mentioning, in IEMs I have, and believe them all to be in that class:

1. iBasso IT07 ($1k)
  2. DUNU DK2001 ($300)
  3. TinHifi P1 ($160)
  4. AudioSense T800 )$300)
  5. Xioami Piston II (2 pairs) ($20)

The same goes for Headphones for me:

1. Hifiman HE400S (not the HE400SE) ($300)
  2. Hifiman Deva (BT and Wired) ($300)
  3. Sennheiser HD700 ($750)
  4. Sennheiser Momentum (OG wired) ($300)
  5. Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (BT and wired) ($350)
  6. Marshall Monitor ($250)
  7. B&W P5 ($200)

TWS are as follows:

1. Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch ($150)
  2. Nuarl N6 Pro ($99)
  3. Hifiman TWS600 ($49)
  4. Bose Soundsport Free ($200)

Matter of fact it even goes the same for DAPs for me:

1. Fiio X5 1st gen ($350)
  2. Fiio X3 II ($250)
  3. iBasso DX160 ($400)
  4. iBasso DX300 ($1200)
I generally don't buy just so I can hear what it sounds like, and am never an early adopter (unless I really think they are for me). And I never sell my gear off. I have been lucky in that way. I don't feel that I have bought anything that I DON'T like, and won't ever listen to (except maybe some of my older headphones, such as the Bose AE2S, or something like that).

Edit: Edited with prices at the time of purchase for informational purposes.
Nice review, I'm curious if you were using those earbuds with full foams? That usually helps tame the overshoot in higher frequencies, as well as lifting up the bass. I'm still kinda tempted to pick up the rw2000.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #57,658 of 75,119
IMO; the RW-9 is more V-shaped, bass is a trade-off of quantity/quality with the X6 being the one with higher quality. I much prefer the X6 over the RW-9, regardless of the price.

And earbuds vs iems/headphones depends very much on your library. Sure, if you ONLY listen to music with heavy sub-bass, I dont see many reasons to go for buds. But with more acoustic/vocal, classical music? It is the buds that are dominating.

Also, the LBBS eats the Oxygen for breakfast while the Chaconne is outclassing the Oxygen hard.
Yeah that's why I specified "high fidelity". The mids on my BK2 are great, almost as good as my er2xr, and definitely better than my mh755 or tin t2. But even when listening to acoustic tracks there's still almost always some lower/higher frequencies, however minute, that buds just fail to properly capture. There's only so much a tiny open-air DD can do imo, without a seal there's a lot of pressure (sound) lost to the surrounding environment. Though I'm still interested in hearing some totl buds to see if I can change my mind about that.

Really didn't expect that comment to blow up, lol.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #57,659 of 75,119
Yeah that's why I specified "high fidelity". The mids on my BK2 are great, almost as good as my er2xr, and definitely better than my mh755 or tin t2. But even when listening to acoustic tracks there's still almost always some lower/higher frequencies, however minute, that buds just fail to properly capture. There's only so much a tiny open-air DD can do imo, without a seal there's a lot of pressure (sound) lost to the surrounding environment. Though I'm still interested in hearing some totl buds to see if I can change my mind about that.

Really didn't expect that comment to blow up, lol.
The poor soul hasn't heard a Bell-Ti, Blur, Chaconne, RW2000, or Turandot yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Come closer. Closer. Yes, closer. Now look into the hole. Further. Further...

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #57,660 of 75,119
Nice review, I'm curious if you were using those earbuds with full foams? That usually helps tame the overshoot in higher frequencies, as well as lifting up the bass. I'm still kinda tempted to pick up the rw2000.
Thanks! Yes, I am using full foams on all of them. Keep in mind when I say boosted 3k, at lower volumes they sound mostly fine, but when you get some background noise, and you have to turn up the volume, that is where the ones with boosted 3k get too shouty to my ears. Also, keep in mind I am very sensitive to that FR. So where it might bother me, it might not effect you at all. The Chaconne, and the RW2000 are the only two of the ones I have (besides the cheapo Apple Earbud Classics) that do not have this boosted frequency to at least some point or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back