Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 25, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #57,482 of 75,121
I should add that I listen to the Zen Lite more than any other piece of audio gear I own, but I listen to it balanced and EQed through the Qudelix with donut foams. I cut some mid bass, boost the presence and air regions (air>presence), and voila, perfection. The shell shape is comfortable and stable. i Occasionally forget they are there when the music stops playing.
I almost convicend myself to wait at least for the 11.11 sale since i already have more than 10 new earbuds coming in the next 1-2 months, but i feel like i'm missing out on a great set. Does it take EQ well?
Did you get the bundle with the usb dac/amp? Is it any good? I wouldn't mind a good backup usb dac, especially if it doesn't hiss as loud as the Fever dac.

Aug 25, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #57,483 of 75,121
I almost convicend myself to wait at least for the 11.11 sale since i already have more than 10 new earbuds coming in the next 1-2 months, but i feel like i'm missing out on a great set. Does it take EQ well?
Did you get the bundle with the usb dac/amp? Is it any good? I wouldn't mind a good backup usb dac, especially if it doesn't hiss as loud as the Fever dac.
it does take EQ well—at least you can boost the treble without issues. You can’t expect clarity like the SMABAT though no matter what or even the Earbuds Anonymous. The bass can’t be as deep either. It’s just not as good of a driver/bud.
I did get the set. My wife took control of the USB DAC right away—her headphone Jack broke like 2 days before it arrived (rather serendipitously) and I’ve never gotten to use it. She mostly uses it with Grado SR60 and hasn’t had any complaints. Those are sensitive enough to pick up problematic hiss. That said, she’s not the most discerning listener.

In other news, my SMABAT drivers were “undeliverable” and got sent back to China and I never got any notification. They were literally 1km from me for a week.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #57,484 of 75,121
it does take EQ well—at least you can boost the treble without issues. You can’t expect clarity like the SMABAT though no matter what or even the Earbuds Anonymous. The bass can’t be as deep either. It’s just not as good of a driver/bud.
I did get the set. My wife took control of the USB DAC right away—her headphone Jack broke like 2 days before it arrived (rather serendipitously) and I’ve never gotten to use it. She mostly uses it with Grado SR60 and hasn’t had any complaints. Those are sensitive enough to pick up problematic hiss. That said, she’s not the most discerning listener.

In other news, my SMABAT drivers were “undeliverable” and got sent back to China and I never got any notification. They were literally 1km from me for a week.
I think i'll wait to get the Qian39 first and see how they fit my ears. I might also get a better deal during 11.11.

And for the smabat drivers, well... i bet they have messed up something in the delivery infos. The same thing happened to me 2 times and i even had to pay extra to get the package once. Don't expect much costumer support from them either. That's one of many reasons why i won't probably order anything from them again.

Thank you for all the feedback!

Aug 25, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #57,486 of 75,121
Aug 25, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #57,487 of 75,121
I think i'll wait to get the Qian39 first and see how they fit my ears. I might also get a better deal during 11.11.

And for the smabat drivers, well... i bet they have messed up something in the delivery infos. The same thing happened to me 2 times and i even had to pay extra to get the package once. Don't expect much costumer support from them either. That's one of many reasons why i won't probably order anything from them again.

Thank you for all the feedback!
I think that 150 Ohm driver has to go in the M0 shell now. I was wanting to the swap(s) with the fiber driver as well, but that may not come into fruition. The 150 in the M2s pro shell is just awesome, but the fit isn’t the best for me. M0 on the other hand fits like a dream.

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #57,488 of 75,121
Okay, so I did it: I put the 150Ohm drivers in the little M0 shell and they are still beasts. Not as beastly as in the M2s Pro shell, but still great and the fit is AWESOME! They are a bit more congested vs nested in M2s Pro shells, but in truth they’re still my best sounding buds. The M2S shell makes them have deeper bass and a slightly bigger headstage. This is going to be my new daily driver. It just overtook the Zen Lite. Comfort is a big deal to me personally because I listen to music every moment I can And these do that is spades plus have great SQ.

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #57,490 of 75,121
Sure, I'll try to resume it.

Normal smoke edition sounds veiled to me, like there's some layer between you and the sound, which I hate.
SPC let's it scale better and removes some of that veil. I feel it has slightly more detail and the mid bass is better, as it dont bleed as much into mids (which I really value). Sound stage is also slighly improved, but I think it's psycoaccousting from treble/detail.

I use it foamless, tho. I prefer clearer signatures and detail to bassy bloated signatures. I really believe VE stuff sounds better without foams or with donuts/non thick foams (Zen is the best example of this), but YMMV.

To be honest, I'd not order any of the two. Just grabed some buds from a box (trying to downsize) and did some very quick comparitions. My picks would be, within my collection:

** Warning: I know nothing about this hobby compared to people like @WoodyLuvr, @RikudouGoku or @furyossa, just to name some. My opinions should be taken with a grain of salt and you should seek opinions like these guy's over mine. I'm a music enthusiast who got into the hobby around April/May and got into the bud world even later. **
Thanks for this review and providing more details. I really appreciate you taking time in writing this and below table for me :)
I also heard that someone mentioned that if I am using Phone + PowerAmp, then it is not use to buy SPC. But I don't want to use Dongle or Adapter as they are additional headache and in fact will have bad impact on the sound quality. Is that so? So shall I not consider SPC and go for Monk Plus only? And also SMABAT M0 40 Ohms (if that is actually M2S Pro. Link mentioned below).

Under 20 USD:
Signature
Model
Notes
BassYinxcrow X6Used with full foams. One of the best basses in the bud hobby, despite the price. End-game to some. Chuck Norris approval. Can come with a mic on cable, 3.5mm.
BalancedRY4S Plus 32ohmUsed foamless. Poor man's ZEN 2.0. Great value for price. Doesn't come with a cable, which is a pro and a con. MMCX connection.

I have recently ordered RY4S MMCX. It is nice. I have Yincrow X6 also but it is broken as Mic does no work. For RY4S also, the FAAEAL cable did not delivered and in 7-8 days I will be eligible for refund. Ordered one from Ebay but it is not that good but overall Sound Quality is nice.

Under 50 USD:
Signature
Model
Notes
BassM2S ProUsed with donut foams. Golden driver is an upgrade, imo. Great bass. When used over-ear, gets a different signature, losing some mid/sub bass but gaining airy, clarity and detail, which I prefer. MMCX connection.
BalancedLBBSUsed with stock full foams. Best bang-for-buck deal in the game, imo. Does everything right, only beaten by high-end stuff. Cable is not detachable tho, might have some small microphonics. End-game to most people. No mic/different cable selection, 3.5mm only.
If M0 40 Ohms is actually is M2S Pro, then I can consider that or in fact considering that seriously. I am going to order below from SAMBAT AE Store:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003019400183.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001268432243.html

Hope it is same what you mentioned above.

Under 200 USD:
Signature
Model
Notes
Bass/Slight V-Shape/FUN!Blur 266 PK32 32ohm "High Mountain Tuning"Used with stock full foams.
Best bud on my collection. Does everything right. Great detail and separation, even on very busy tracks. Huge sound stage and air. Best bass on my collection. Makes some more expensive IEMs sound like a robbery.
Balanced/Vocal orientedBlur OFC MX64 "Special Tuning Edition"Used with stock full foams.
Tuned to bring out the best of vocals and genres lick jazz, classic, etc. Still has some of the best bass I've heard, only beaten by her brother PK32. Great detail and separation, even on very busy tracks. Huge sound stage and air. Makes some more expensive IEMs that focus on the same signature sound like a robbery.

Edit: tables got some crappy format after posting, sorry, tried my best.
Too much expensive for me to even think of buying.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #57,493 of 75,121
You got $130 earphones at $10? If you are into in-ear earphones, then it is Jackpot. But as I do not use in-ear earphones, even $1000 worth in-ear earphone is useless for me :)
no, im talking about the nicehck me80 that are discontinued but highly regarded. in any case, it was already determined what the earbuds in the lucky bag this time would be.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #57,494 of 75,121
Where to buy the Shozy BK / BK Balanced? Cannot find them anymore anywhere. Is there someone here who is willing to sell or trade with the Turandot? PM me pls. Thanks.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #57,495 of 75,121

Users who are viewing this thread

Back