Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 24, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #57,451 of 75,059
Well I just tried the SMABAT 40Ohm driver in the M0 shell with my trusty A5. I’d have to say “it’s okay, but it’s not in the same league as listening through the B4X.” The notes and instruments are slightly better delineated, but the bass gets too thin, stringed instruments sound thinner and less resonant, and the sense of space sounds wider, but the headspace is all to the sides. The B4X has an enveloping soundstage comparatively, warmth with strings, choirs sound big and in front, and it just has a better tonal balance in general. The A5 just isn’t as complimentary to the buds or the genre.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #57,453 of 75,059
Well I just tried the SMABAT 40Ohm driver in the M0 shell with my trusty A5. I’d have to say “it’s okay, but it’s not in the same league as listening through the B4X.” The notes and instruments are slightly better delineated, but the bass gets too thin, stringed instruments sound thinner and less resonant, and the sense of space sounds wider, but the headspace is all to the sides. The B4X has an enveloping soundstage comparatively, warmth with strings, choirs sound big and in front, and it just has a better tonal balance in general. The A5 just isn’t as complimentary to the buds or the genre.

BX4 is Amp. Right? When you say Bass is too Thin, it is like think sounding earbud overall? Like not even close to Monk Plus in any comparison? Then what is the use of spending 4-5 times more price than Monk+?

So far all the reviews related with M0 is paid ones only and not a single review which is unbiased. Obviously, when one gets it for free, you cannot provide the correct review but at the same time, tries to play little safe too.

OIf B4X is earbud, then do you have link?

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #57,454 of 75,059
@MelodyMood

I share your concerns about reviews even though I do trust some reviewers.

B4x is a portable tube amplifier. You may take a look at it here and read some good posts about it here.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #57,455 of 75,059
The bass is present and deep with the 40Ohm driver, you can see how it graphs, but tight and fast. The B4X loosens it up a bit and adds weight. People’s bass preferences vary, but I like’em big and round. The B4X does that to them.

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #57,456 of 75,059
I was also considering the Zen Lite for 58€ but i'm not 100% sure about the SQ and the price. I really like the form factor and from what i read it's supposed to be quite dark with good note weight (that's exactly what i like) but it has average technicalities and it's overall worse than Zen 2.0.
Should i just wait and buy a Zen 2.0 once i get a good deal?
I should add that I listen to the Zen Lite more than any other piece of audio gear I own, but I listen to it balanced and EQed through the Qudelix with donut foams. I cut some mid bass, boost the presence and air regions (air>presence), and voila, perfection. The shell shape is comfortable and stable. i Occasionally forget they are there when the music stops playing.

Attachments

• A9A041C1-6DBB-4C60-AFF7-C38E66E7B692.png
    A9A041C1-6DBB-4C60-AFF7-C38E66E7B692.png
    444 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #57,457 of 75,059
@MelodyMood

I share your concerns about reviews even though I do trust some reviewers.

B4x is a portable tube amplifier. You may take a look at it here and read some good posts about it here.
Thanks for sharing. I usually do not use these Amps and Connectors. I like to keep it very simply and do not prefer to use external connectors also like DAC or Adapter with Chip for Earphones etc. B4X looks very Bulky for taste. If I like to use external Sound Device, then something like iPod Nano or similar small/light weight device will be the one I would prefer to carry.

There is an option of Amp in PowerAmp but I keep that to mid level or just above default level only. And 15-20% Stereo Expand level.

The bass is present and deep with the 40Ohm driver, you can see how it graphs, but tight and fast. The B4X loosens it up a bit and adds weight. People’s bass preferences vary, but I like’em big and round. The B4X does that to them.

Ok. So 40 Ohms one is not very Thin Sounding and can we say it is much better than Monk Plus in terms of every department? I like to have good level of bass and some Sub-bass feel also but don't want to compromise on overall sound quality and tiny details which is usually not there in bass Heavy earphones. M0 40 Ohms is 5X than Monk Plus in price but if it is even 2X in sound quality, then I guess money is worth spending.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #57,458 of 75,059
Depends what you want out of earbuds, I'd recommend against the ISN Rambo II largely due to comfort (heavy metal shells are hard to keep in place), the overall sound isn't bad but nothing that really makes it worth its price, especially compared to something like the yincrow x6.
Okay. Thanks for the advice. You have saved me some money to spend elsewhere. Maybe I will finally try the X6 and see what all the rave is about. :ksc75smile:
It is good for vocals, but doesn't worth its price.

Some of the reviews I've read on them don't match what they are (my set is not faulty).
Yes, I am just curious how all the reviews out there are so favorable and even compared it against other TOTL earbuds (that QJ21 looks terrific). Yes, I'm after the vocals and mids in general for this earbuds but if construction and comfort is the likes of Liebesleid, I think I'll pass. I'm good with either MX500 or PK style design. Thanks.

@rprodrigues So do you have now the F150C? How was it? Do you like it?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #57,460 of 75,059
Maybe I will finally try the X6 and see what all the rave is about. :ksc75smile:

me too, I'm seeing this at my local market at around $8, might try it out just for curiosity sake

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #57,461 of 75,059
me too, I'm seeing this at my local market at around $8, might try it out just for curiosity sake

Yincrow X6 is like a BLON BL-03 of the earbud world. Bassy and warm, non fatiguing. Good tonality and timbre, but bottlenecked in technicalities, like the BLON BL-03.

The Yincrow's X6 bass is textured and well extended though, which is different from the boomy and undefined midbass of the BLON BL-03.

Aug 25, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #57,465 of 75,059
FWIW, I've never heard the Monk Plus.

And also keep in mind Monk Plus (smoke edition) sound different than its SPC edition. I feel SPC edition is a nice bud for people trying stuff up to 20 bucks. I dont like the smoke edition, tho.

Source: I own both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back